Let's talk ticket prices

Guest Hornsby
6 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Kop      North     South     Lower West

£15      £18        £20         £10                       Adult

£10      £10        £10         £5                         Under 18/OAP

£1        £1          £1            £1                         Under 11

Excellent , except Upper West for home fans to improve atmosphere.

Away in Lower  Also a tenner.

Owt more than this,shares should also be thrown in.

Anybody expecting £20 or less is sadly out of touch with the “going rate” for league one 

These are Donny’s prices for 2 years ago... (couldn’t find any more recent)

image.jpeg.4225ecb875f642a09adf397225a83524.jpeg

These are Rotherham’s season ticket prices from their last league one campaign 

image.jpeg.63c2f8f8b3056d5654441d25ec798db6.jpeg

• Like 1

According to Kieran Maguire on Radio Sheff a few weeks ago £20 is no longer enough , you're talking £30 in these covid times.

On the same show Rob Wilson from Hallam University said to get L2 in line financially with the championship they would have to charge £60 a ticket , while the premier could just charge £20.

So the best we could hope for price wise is £25.

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
9 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

You're not getting shares in this club...nothing to do with the club more about what parasites you are #bellends

I had shares in this club.

And may again, post Admin., end of September.

Guest Hornsby
10 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

Anybody expecting £20 or less is sadly out of touch with the “going rate” for league one 

MK Dons are £10 for seasons.

11 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

Not sure why donny bothered with cat c lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gparrish said:

I don't see it being below £25.

I think the South will be around £30 

North £27/28

Kop £25

Ultimately who knows? He might decide one of the many categories will be the default POTG for the season.

I think that is pretty fair and comparable to most in this division 

Add in a membership scheme, say £50, which offers 20% discount off these prices and the fans see a reduction in prices and Chansiri may save face

Concession  £15

Under 11s £5

for any stand

No need for multiple categories. Make it simple for fans. 

£20 Adults

£10 Concessions - Over 60's

£5 upto 18 yrs

That LDV/Pizza/Fizzy Pop cup thingy

£5 Adults / Conc

£1 Kids

FA/League Cup 

£15 Adults

£8 Conc

£3 Kids

Make it affordable and let's build some new memories for the younger fanbase - Dad & Lads, Mams & Daughters etc. 

WAWAW

The issue with current STH means the pricing structure for 2021/22 is going to very complex. 

For current STH, provide free pre Quarter Final 😁 Cup tickets (not too sure how this would work with  EFL & HMRC rules). 

POTG - Reserve a Season Ticket Seat.

Eg - Kop Adult

You pay 3x payments (May, June & July) of £75 = £225 then £10 POTG for every league game you attend, attend 1 game its cost you £235, attend 23 games then it's cost you £455. 

The way it works is you pay £225 to reserve that particular seat for the full season then have up to 48 hours before KO to purchase your £10 ticket, if not you can still POTG on the day for £10 but you're not guarenteed your reserved seat. 

This seat is also reserved for upto 72 hours before KO for cup games where you will pay full price. 

23 hours ago, striker said:

As someone who POTG, think £20-25 is reasonable and would encourage me to make the trip up more often. 

Season tickets therefore need to be priced around £15-18 per game.

The ground is open anyway so incurs running costs. Chansiri also needs to realise he needs to tempt fans back and create a positive atmosphere around the club.

I'd baulk at paying more than £25 for L1 football and would probably only go to a couple of games next season as special occasions while up visiting family if that were the case 

have to agree.

covid will have the last say though.

£25 on't north, £20 kop both MAX, or stick it where the sun don't shine.

get a top 6 side and have 20k+, get top 3 and it's 25k+ with exciting attacking footy.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, striker said:

As someone who POTG, think £20-25 is reasonable and would encourage me to make the trip up more often. 

Season tickets therefore need to be priced around £15-18 per game.

The ground is open anyway so incurs running costs. Chansiri also needs to realise he needs to tempt fans back and create a positive atmosphere around the club.

I'd baulk at paying more than £25 for L1 football and would probably only go to a couple of games next season as special occasions while up visiting family if that were the case 

Whilst I agree, season tickets have already been sold at £19-28 per game, and that's to those who bought the 'early bird' deals.

Given everything we've seen thus far, I can't imagine Chansiri giving a partial refund or anything of the sort, can you?

I used to be a season ticket holder but when I moved away I became a POTG part timer... not been in ages due to the price and apathy over the last few years due to how the club is being run.

I can afford it but don’t really want to be paying more than 20 quid to sit on the kop for league 1 football. I remember how bad a lot of it was last time we were in the third tier.

if it was 25 I might treat myself depending on what recruitment happens. 

if we don’t make a good start next season and there is a chance we might not then the atmosphere inside S6 is going to make the players want to play behind closed doors with fake fan noise being pumped in over our aging tannoy

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Whilst I agree, season tickets have already been sold at £19-28 per game, and that's to those who bought the 'early bird' deals.

Given everything we've seen thus far, I can't imagine Chansiri giving a partial refund or anything of the sort, can you?

Fair enough, Chansiri has made a right mess of ticketing that's true.

However, that doesn't detract from what is reasonable for L1 to attract people to attend. 

It's a problem the club need to resolve for both season ticket holders and POTG fans. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Fair enough, Chansiri has made a right mess of ticketing that's true.

However, that doesn't detract from what is reasonable for L1 to attract people to attend. 

It's a problem the club need to resolve for both season ticket holders and POTG fans. 

I agree with the prices you suggested being reasonable; I just can't see a way we can charge that without alienating those who bought multi-year deals on the promise of them being the cheapest way to watch us.

As you say, it's a problem that needs sorting. I suspect it won't be, though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I agree with the prices you suggested being reasonable; I just can't see a way we can charge that without alienating those who bought multi-year deals on the promise of them being the cheapest way to watch us.

As you say, it's a problem that needs sorting. I suspect it won't be, though.

You're right, it probably won't. We'll likely see ridiculous pricing, lower attendances and disadvantage the team by giving away home advantage by playing another season in a mausoleum type atmosphere, while disenfranchised fans sit at home.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, striker said:

You're right, it probably won't. We'll likely see ridiculous pricing, lower attendances and disadvantage the team by giving away home advantage by playing another season in a mausoleum type atmosphere, while disenfranchised fans sit at home.

That's where the smart money would go.

• Like 1