Let's talk ticket prices

21 hours ago, Rotherham Owl said:

The prices will be exactly the same as 19/20 - just more Category  E, F & G games. 

That wouldn't surprise me but that system as well as some prices being way too expensive was complicated as well.

You wanted to me it as straight forward and easy to understand as possible for the casual fan otherwise think I cant be bothered with the hassle of working it all out.

6 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Cheers mate , a great idea to convert refunds to shares by Lincoln.

Sadly, our owner wants our money but he keeps total control.

Offensive.

The alternative view of course is you’re a parasite if you want a stake in the club. 

Guest Hornsby
6 hours ago, rickygoo said:

The alternative view of course is you’re a parasite if you want a stake in the club. 

Yeah, cos gonna make millions from a share in Owls.

20,000 have a stake, via season tickets, membership, buying seats, sponsorship etc.

Not refunding fans , including sick and desperate,  is truly shocking.

On 16/05/2021 at 12:16, ANDY said:

We need to get the fans back. 

25 quid per ticket. Any stand. 

bulk buy option. 2 for 45, 3 for 65, 4 for 80

current season ticket holders should be offered free cup tickets. or pro rota rebate on the difference between champ price and lg1 price. 

Great idea ..... 👏 given I took 3 plus 5 year extension so have 4 years left still on my season ticket plus last years not used ....  so yep just let us into all the cup games for free as opposed to a refund ... saying that with my luck all our cup games will be away matches 😄

If memory serves me correctly, the last time I paid on the gate at Argyle to watch Wednesday it was £24 in the away end that may have been a championship game ? Not sure. Did watch Barnet there in League Two a couple of years back and it was a similar price. 
I honestly don’t think League One football is worth £30 of anybody’s money...what did Hull and Sunderland charge last season?

Guest Therealrealist

Reckon they will stay the same price but throw in a couple of cat z games in...midweek v crewe in feb or summat for £20 all stands 🤨

Guest Hornsby
1 hour ago, sternlad said:

If memory serves me correctly, the last time I paid on the gate at Argyle to watch Wednesday it was £24 in the away end that may have been a championship game ? Not sure. Did watch Barnet there in League Two a couple of years back and it was a similar price. 
I honestly don’t think League One football is worth £30 of anybody’s money...what did Hull and Sunderland charge last season?

MK Dons season are £10

Guest Hornsby
14 hours ago, Hookowl said:

That's really cheap ...........only 43.5p a game........................

Still way above valuer of what left of our squad

One of the few assets we own (or now rent ! ) is a big stadium so use it.

put the away fans in lower west stand ( with exception of teams that can actually sell a couple of thousand) and get some promotions run , kids for a quid, buy a scarf get a ticket, bring your gran or a fiver whatever.

Have some fun with it , get some smiles on people's faces and make use of the empty seats.

It has to help the team to have home support on 4 sides of the ground, it puts money into the club , it might well bring some new fans and some old ones back in.

• Like 1

Season ticket holders like myself should get say a free shirt and a voucher and ticket rolled onto next season at the very least if POTG tickets put down to say

Kop £16

South £20

North £25

In everyones interest we get good attendances and momentum for a good season. Need everyone on board. Shame we have DC as chairman.

Obviously DC has backed himself into a corner with the future tickets already accounted for at costs and refunds etc, but if we were on a level playing field I'd like a financial number that would best suit both parties. 

For instance, he's probably right in that higher prices and less crowd is better financially, but it's worse for fans, atmosphere and the "extra man" you can generate. You'd flip that argument for fans and forgo paying/buying a couple of mediocre players to offset that cost. 

So I'd do incentives, to try the happy medium of getting a fixed financial sum. Games would cost 20 kop , 25 North & South for season tickets. But for every 3k (adult tickets) over 17k, you get £1 per game off. So save upto £24 off the price per extra 3k people. (or somewhere in that ball park). 

POTG would then be something like 23 kop, 28 North & South. Regardless of opposition. (keep the discount as above at £1 off) Keeps it competitive for the league and hopefully gets hillsborough swinging a bit more. Try to put opposition teams on the back foot with the home support.

Also should be free kids s/t for u10s. £5 a game for u16s, £15 for oaps. Kids are the future of the club and should always be encouraged. Making it a family thing, time with dad, is extremely powerful and becomes tradition. 

Cups would be £15 anywhere in the ground, £5 for papa John's trophy. 

Yes I'd probably not do well in finance, but think there is a medium stance somewhere in the short term. 

Of course how that works with o/s refunds and tickets.... I'd like to have said refund for that blank slate or offer a new ticket and discount or try to postpone those tickets until back in championship. But just can't see how he gets it back on track for fans without sorting out the crap first.