The Spine

Guest Grandad

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

I must have missed the news about Luongo’s availability. Not sure if we should start him, but definitely worth saving for the last 30mins when we usually fall apart and bring on wasters like Kachunga or Green.

I’d start with Pelupessy and Luongo and let Bannan rediscover that space in front of the opposition penalty area to deliver effective 10 yard passes into the box (as opposed to this annoying quarter back role) 

Luongo off when he gets tired

100% agree that if Luongo is fit then he should start, and replace him with Shaw or Paterson whenever he needs to come off. 

The first 30-45 minutes of the game are going to be crucial,  we need to attack the game from the start like we did against cardiff and play our best players from the start too.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

17 points from the 12 league games he has played this season, better than our points per game average without him, and in a few of those games he was far from fully fit.

Was a similar story last season. 

Was a joke post fella

I think we're better with than without him.

Sorry for making you type out that post 😂

8 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Tricky one with Luongo..on reflection I'd play him from the start.

We need at least to start the game on the front foot.

If he fades he fades but he'll push midfield up initially.

I think it would be a waste if we bring him on when chasing .

Think we need to forget Luongo..biscuit..we need much better...

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

It's one game.. I'm not saying to give him a long contract.

Sometimes players come back and get by on adrenaline in their first game and they fade later Doesn't matter this time.

Play him he's class.

Edited by Nero
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Grandad said:

We have all seen our team is lacking in backbone this season. Think it would be a mistake to throw Luongo back in.

But we really do need players who will give it all for the cause.

Westwood in the net

Hutch, Dunkley and Palmer in defence

Bannan and Pelupessy in midfield

Windass & Rhodes up front

The rest - meh. Those players have to start

It’s good to start with the individuals and making sure they have a spine first

13 hours ago, Watto said:

Dunkley is as bad as Borner , I'd play uroghide.

Even when we were contenders if we tried to sit back and defend/ see games out it was a mistake, as we've never had the players to do that task for a very long time... So then and still now the best defence we have is to attack the opposition relentlessly and not sit back/ invite them on to attack in the hope of holding on to a 1+ goal lead, as this change in tactics has continually turned numerous games on their head from us having complete control/ domination to being either a draw/ loss instead...

I can't believe anyone is saying they would start Reach after his game last week. 

He's already gone, and will apply himself even less than he has for the rest of this season. 

If he plays, we need a Left Back behind him. That's the only way he possibly gets on the pitch. 

In a game that decides what league we will be in next season (and probably for the foreseeable) I'm pretty sure it would be impossible for us to start 11 players contracted to us next season without raiding the youth set up. That really brings home the terrible planning by the club. It isn't just this one game that when we need players whose wallets and careers hinge on the clubs success - that has been the issue all season.