The Spine

Guest Grandad

19 minutes ago, 0742 said:

So Luongo who hasn't done anything decent this season and has missed most of it through injury, is going to be our saviour?!

Yeah seems about right. WTF:

It's the Heffernan rule, the longer someone is out, the better they are

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
3 hours ago, mcmigo said:

If Luongo is fit then I would play him. He has trained for a couple of weeks now.

Otherwise derby will just push Bannan back deep where he will be on JP’s toes and set up and defend.  Luongo much better going forwards , and we need to win.

Agreed. I’m not one for risking players usually, not mid-season anyway. But this occasion is exceptional, and if he does overdo it he’s got 3 months to recover.

9 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

The commentator said Paterson received a 5th booking against Forest so misses a match? Not sure if that's correct or enough time had passed.

It’s a one game ban if you’ve received 5 yellows before match week 19. So he’s fine.

3 hours ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

From what I've seen of Dunkley, I am far from convinced.  he's been pulled off more than once in the second half of matches and given his injury situation I dount he'd have 90 minutes in him.  The only way I'd consider him is if he is properly fit, as his style may be best suited to Kazim-Richards.  As for up front, I'd say Paterson "gives as much for the cause" as Rhodes, though I'm not sure which I'd start out of the two of them.  Of course, based on previous games, we may go again with just 1 up top.

Was he sat on the Kop? :duntmatter:

2 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

It’s a one game ban if you’ve received 5 yellows before match week 19. So he’s fine.

Aha ok, great news, he's free to stand around aimlessly at RWB instead of playing in midfield or attack where he's actually been effective this season.

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’d go with:

Westwood

Urhoghide Hutchinson Borner

Palmer Pelupessy Bannan Reach

Paterson

Windass Rhodes

I really don’t want Borner to play, he’s always got a mistake in him but we don’t have any other left sided centre backs.

my team too Sal.

3 hours ago, Grandad said:

We have all seen our team is lacking in backbone this season. Think it would be a mistake to throw Luongo back in.

But we really do need players who will give it all for the cause.

Westwood in the net

Hutch, Dunkley and Palmer in defence

Bannan and Pelupessy in midfield

Windass & Rhodes up front

The rest - meh. Those players have to start

I can’t see us winning just fielding 8 players. Novel idea though.

44 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Ive spent a great deal of time with aussies down n the years and they're normally really robust and good athletes, trust us to get the "duff" one made out of paper. Missed a lot of his first season. Missed nearly all of this. I've started referring to luongo as the new Abdi.. Hopefully he proves me wrong next season and we get some games out of him regularly. He'd boss a div 1 midfield if he can stay fit. 

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

Ive spent a great deal of time with aussies down n the years and they're normally really robust and good athletes, trust us to get the "duff" one made out of paper. Missed a lot of his first season. Missed nearly all of this. I've started referring to luongo as the new Abdi.. Hopefully he proves me wrong next season and we get some games out of him regularly. He'd boss a div 1 midfield if he can stay fit. 

I don't think you're wrong, a fully fit Luongo would be a beast for us, I hope it happens

I've got a couple of mates here who are QPR season ticket holders and they can't believe how it's turned out for him here, both were beyond gutted when we took him off their hands and told me we'd got a real player for a bargain.

1 hour ago, Gob_Bluth said:

17 points from the 12 league games he has played this season, better than our points per game average without him, and in a few of those games he was far from fully fit.

Was a similar story last season. 

2 hours ago, beswetherick said:

I think Green does, potentially. I like how he can drive at defenders and cause something to happen, e.g. the penalty against Boro. He’s got more about him than Harris, who can run pretty fast in a straight line but is so wasteful in the final third

Shame Green barely manage to find a positive touch at all in the last game he started! 

If Luongo is fit I’d definitely play him.

He still has a year on his contract. After a year out with injury I highly doubt many clubs will try and take him off us in the summer. 

Hopefully means he will give his all to stay playing Championship football. 

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

Ive spent a great deal of time with aussies down n the years and they're normally really robust and good athletes, trust us to get the "duff" one made out of paper .Missed a lot of his first season. Missed nearly all of this one . I've started referring to luongo as the new Abdi.. 

Beggars belief doesn't it.

On the face of it we have signed yet another crock!

Yet in his four seasons prior to signing for us he made 147 appearances for  QPR.

'Kin unbelievable innit.:wacko:

• Like 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
13 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

What do people think about starting Liam Shaw on Saturday? Last game for us, chance to leave on a high note before his big move to Celtic Reserves...

Rather he brought his granny to distract Rooney.