Garry Monk “there were a lot of things wrong at SWFC”

8 minutes ago, andytrig said:

Garry Monk - failed

Tony Pulis - failed

Neil Thompson - failed

Darren Moore - struggling

Yep you're right it's the managers that are all wrong and at fault, not the awful culture and mismanagement of the club that's to blame.....

How do you get Moore is ‘struggling’ after 4 games? Having seen results improve across those 4 games?

• Like 6

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, andytrig said:

Garry Monk - failed

Tony Pulis - failed

Neil Thompson - failed

Darren Moore - struggling

Yep you're right it's the managers that are all wrong and at fault, not the awful culture and mismanagement of the club that's to blame.....

Why must it be the manager OR the chairman OR the players? It’s ALL the above. Monk is as culpable as any manager, with DC ultimately responsible for our demise. 

We all know there are things wrong. To sit there and talk like none of it was anything to do with him, when it was his responsibility to right some of those wrongs... He has a degree of culpability in where we are now, no doubt.

I have more sympathy for Monk now than I did at the time, but despite being 3rd we were flattering to deceive and I think we mostly all felt that the position was lucky for the football we were playing. Further on in the season some of the football was abject. He may not have been the cause, but in footballing terms it was his responsibility and he needed to go—despite the fact that pretty much anyone coming here at the moment is being set up to fail.

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

It’s about time we stopped blaming managers. This pathetic bunch of players and Chansiri is where the blame should be. 

I don’t think anybody is singling him out for blame, but he has a degree of culpability along with many others.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He really wasn't

You are joking ???.Oh yes he really was...Shocking...appointment...Decimated the squad over 3 win dows,dropped all the bad eggs who we now know wernt that bad at all...A Chancer...

Billy big boll ox....

How can you say he wasn't...

M'eh

UTO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’d almost forgot Monk had us up to third not even that long ago was it? Only 15 months or so ago we were chasing promotion! I was never really convinced by Monk but couldn’t have seen how badly the wheels could have fallen off in such a short space of time!

Whatever Monks shortcomings clearly it isn’t his fault in entirety what has happened in the last year!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Yes it is,they are not good enough..

Inferior quality to what we had..

Brought in by wide boy Monk..

Obviously DC n Co shoulder the blame too..Shocking lot of em...

If the players aren't good enough, it's not the players fault is it.

Blame whoever brought them all in, whoever it may be

• Like 2