Ticket prices and average attendance next season

20 hours ago, MallorcaOwl said:

DC really does have a dilemma, he needs to reduce the POTG to 1st Div levels, but he may not have the cash to refund multi year season tickets. I think he should take a hit and partially refund multi season ticket holders.

I can envisage law suits if he has a lower POTG prices than current season ticket prices.

I agree with this he has to lower prices across the board but to do so he will have to refund the multi year season ticket holders which i cant see him doing.

My personal theory of what he should do is..... lower the prices of season tickets and POTG tickets to make them as cheap as he possibly can for League One, try to attract new fans and youth essentially do the opposite of what he has done now. Then instead of a refund to multi year ST's simply add on another season to the deal. If you bought a 3 year of which you have 2 left you now have 3 left etc. That way its a short term fix without refunding and hopefully the attraction of new season ticket holders then hope we make it back and increase in revenue again in the championship.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, room0035 said:

DC mismanagement of the club has back himself into a corner no sane fan is going to pay £30-35, to watch division 3 football. But equally there is thousand of 2020/21 season tickets that have not been repaid.

I suspect these will be rolled over with no refund and prices will stay the same. That will lead to no pay on the gate fans and very few travelling fans. The £7m lose of tv income will be match by the lose of match day revenue where fans realise they are being milked so he does not have to put his hand in his pocket.

DC as usual will target promotion then give Moore no cash to rebuild the team so Iorfa, Bannan and who ever is left will be sold.

We have 9 games to go and only Bannan has resign out of 14 players, Shaw off to Celtic, Urhoghide, Hunt, Brennan, Galvin, Waldock could all be resigned on half what Bannan will be on. More money will be wasted on Hutch, Westwood and Lees because there is no recruitment, no plan and those in charge are clueless.

Unfortunately this is what i can see happening. 

There a big gap between season ticket prices and walk up prices. It leaves some leeway to drop the price for non season ticket holders. The whole price  structure and number of categories would need to be changed though. The current pricing model is not fit for life in League 1 if that’s where we finish up next season.

i've not used my season ticket for one game on iFollow this year so my season ticket is rolling over to next year. Think i paid nearly £550 for this years so that will make next years season ticket the most expensive in history for League 1 football. They also still owe me £150 odd from last years season ticket which i don't think i will ever get back. If we were to start league 1 tomorrow and all restrictions was lifted, i couldnt see more than 21k being there and it would get progressively worse week by week ending with a mid week average of about 16,000 and then saturday around 18/20,000.

22 hours ago, briggowl said:

This coming season isn't the problem as we had ST holders for 20/21 that will just role there ST over, I would imagine, as opposed to waiting for a refund. 

I'm not sure how many ST we'd sold for 20/21 but previous years figures were near 20k, even if we had a drop off it won't be less than 15/16? 

15 hours ago, Steelman said:

We'll get 16k officially from the STs rolled over from this season, but actually it will more likely be 12k. Chumpsiri won't lower prices because of all the ST holders and multi year STs.

Our potg prices will be on a par with a lower half Premier League club because he's completely clueless and is happy to keep treating the fans with contempt.

He's killed this club.

I don't get where this idea that there will be so many rolled over season ticket holders comes from. 

Season tickets went on sale for only 1 month in January 2020, we were in a decent league position at the time but our form was very much on the slide and the home games in particular were far from entertaining. 

To add to that, the club stated that around 55% of those that had bought a season ticket for 2019-20 asked for a refund. I can't imagine on that basis that they would all be happy to carry over £450-£640 for a third division adult season ticket.

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

There a big gap between season ticket prices and walk up prices. It leaves some leeway to drop the price for non season ticket holders. The whole price  structure and number of categories would need to be changed though. The current pricing model is not fit for life in League 1 if that’s where we finish up next season.

A  north stand adult season ticket was £555. That works out at around £24.10 per game so the lowest starting point for a north stand matchday ticket would be £25, probably looking at £29 for south stand. How many will see that as reasonable for 3rd division football on a regular basis? 

2 hours ago, kristmace said:

Tragic!

Attendances were a bit different back then. We were the 12th best supported club in the country that season. 

i wont be paying current POTG prices in L1, probably wouldnt have in the Championship either.

Its a total con for a lack of "entertainment".

Brentford away last year (on top of the other humiliations etc) was the day i decided not to renew as it was just horrific what our club had become.

Still think a carnet type deal would get many fans to commit though 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I don't get where this idea that there will be so many rolled over season ticket holders comes from. 

Season tickets went on sale for only 1 month in January 2020, we were in a decent league position at the time but our form was very much on the slide and the home games in particular were far from entertaining. 

To add to that, the club stated that around 55% of those that had bought a season ticket for 2019-20 asked for a refund. I can't imagine on that basis that they would all be happy to carry over £450-£640 for a third division adult season ticket.

It's all conjecture from me (isn't 90% of Owlstalk?) but the early bird sales for 20/21 finished before lockdown so, most people I knew with STs had renewed at this price for 20/21. Then lockdown started, we got offered refunds on the rest of 19/20 and later the promise that 20/21 tickets could be used as credit against club shop/future tickets/ifollow etc or rolled over for next season. I might well be wrong but I hope that's still a decent chunk of fans rolling over for 21/22, if not things are really looking bleak. 

2 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

It’s April next week. I’m genuinely surprised DC isn’t selling ST’s for next season yet. 
Can’t imagine there being more ST holders than people allowed in come August. 

I think the club will be waiting to see what League we are in next season before announcing any ticket prices.

12 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Good point that.