Ticket prices and average attendance next season

1 hour ago, rawowl said:

If/when we go down to league 1,  what will happen to ST / pay on the gate prices ?  

I can’t see an average home gate of over 10-12K  if prices stay as they are or increase (surely not)  I reckon plenty have already fell out of the routine of going sadly since Covid happened.  

what will DC do ?   Spanner in the work is fans still have multi year STs after a threat that prices could go up significantly  if we got promoted. (Even though TV money would have meant ticket revenue wasn’t as crucial in the Premiership.   

surely DC isn’t going to expect attendance figures to remain or increase at current pricing.

No  average home gates will be well over that. Even in bad times we are loyal. Get off to a good start and average 17k no problems.

Another external factor is people’s financial situation.

Not everyone has earned what they did in the previous 12 months to the last 12 months, myself included.

Regardless of what the pricing is or what  folks think about DC’s dictatorship their priorities may have to change.

This could be a problem for football generally. The return of crowds may not be the relief club’s are hoping for.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, striker said:

I said those things too and meant them, promised myself I wouldn't give him my ifollow money, but every now and again I get suckered back in by a combination of sheer boredom and brief flickers of hope. I have very low will power at times.

Much though I think Chansiri needs the shock of an organised boycott to get the message, the reality is that whichever league were in (L1 probably) if the team starts winning games, fans will return. 

I think many people will say they will not be going back and when push comes to shove will go.

But think they will be others who will not go straight away and once you get out of habit of paying out £30 plus for a ticket (plus other stuff on match day) its is a very hard habit to get back onto.

• Like 2

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

I think many people will say they will not be going back and when push comes to shove will go.

But think they will be others who will not go straight away and once you get out of habit of paying out £30 plus for a ticket (plus other stuff on match day) its is a very hard habit to get back onto.

It's a fair point, also who knows how the country will reset once lockdown ends. Football will be competing with other activities for a share of people's disposable income.

• Like 3

Guest Hornsby
2 hours ago, rawowl said:

If/when we go down to league 1,  what will happen to ST / pay on the gate prices ?  

I can’t see an average home gate of over 10-12K  if prices stay as they are or increase (surely not)  I reckon plenty have already fell out of the routine of going sadly since Covid happened.  

what will DC do ?   Spanner in the work is fans still have multi year STs after a threat that prices could go up significantly  if we got promoted. (Even though TV money would have meant ticket revenue wasn’t as crucial in the Premiership.   

surely DC isn’t going to expect attendance figures to remain or increase at current pricing.

nominal decrease

20 minutes ago, striker said:

It's a fair point, also who knows how the country will reset once lockdown ends. Football will be competing with other activities for a share of people's disposable income.

I think it's more than that - listening to the scientist over the weekend, social distancing could go on for some time. I'm not sure grounds will even be at 100% capacity.

Obviously in our case, it doesn't matter, although seats may be restricted so the crowd is spread out more.

DC mismanagement of the club has back himself into a corner no sane fan is going to pay £30-35, to watch division 3 football. But equally there is thousand of 2020/21 season tickets that have not been repaid.

I suspect these will be rolled over with no refund and prices will stay the same. That will lead to no pay on the gate fans and very few travelling fans. The £7m lose of tv income will be match by the lose of match day revenue where fans realise they are being milked so he does not have to put his hand in his pocket.

DC as usual will target promotion then give Moore no cash to rebuild the team so Iorfa, Bannan and who ever is left will be sold.

We have 9 games to go and only Bannan has resign out of 14 players, Shaw off to Celtic, Urhoghide, Hunt, Brennan, Galvin, Waldock could all be resigned on half what Bannan will be on. More money will be wasted on Hutch, Westwood and Lees because there is no recruitment, no plan and those in charge are clueless.

• Like 2

We'll get 16k officially from the STs rolled over from this season, but actually it will more likely be 12k. Chumpsiri won't lower prices because of all the ST holders and multi year STs.

Our potg prices will be on a par with a lower half Premier League club because he's completely clueless and is happy to keep treating the fans with contempt.

He's killed this club.

• Like 4

I refuse to pay 35 quid to watch championship football

Id pay it to watch Premier league football when the 'big' teams played

What ever the price next season we will still be the highest potd tickets in league 1 

• Like 1

If DC is foolish enough to keep the prices the same, that will be me not attending a single match. Not because I can't afford it, but purely because I am not prepared to the pay the ridiculous POTG prices he set.

I deliberately didn't renew my ST for the 19/20 season, simply because I wasn't enjoying the football anymore. Along came a little ChapSmurf in Dec '19 which made the decision look even more wise, and then the pandemic came. I won't renew until DC either wises up, sells, or hell freezes over - the latter being the most likely to happen first.

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Sticky Micky said:

I refuse to pay 35 quid to watch championship football

Id pay it to watch Premier league football when the 'big' teams played

What ever the price next season we will still be the highest potd tickets in league 1 

A lot of our fans wudnt pay 35 in the pl...they won’t pay it in league 1...(and rightly so)..I wer there in the pl ..some of our crowds wer abysmal

7 hours ago, MallorcaOwl said:

DC really does have a dilemma, he needs to reduce the POTG to 1st Div levels, but he may not have the cash to refund multi year season tickets.

"In lieu of a refund, I was planning on giving everyone one free Premier League season ticket" 

:Chansiri:

• Haha 2

Don’t underestimate the Covid-19 effect either. Even with a vaccine I know plenty who are not planning to risk it, particularly older supporters and some with medical disabilities. Add to that, a lot of people have gotten out of the habit of going, so won’t be as programmed to return.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steelman said:

We'll get 16k officially from the STs rolled over from this season, but actually it will more likely be 12k. Chumpsiri won't lower prices because of all the ST holders and multi year STs.

Our potg prices will be on a par with a lower half Premier League club because he's completely clueless and is happy to keep treating the fans with contempt.

He's killed this club.

What he said.

9 hours ago, Spookone said:

I can’t see how even DC will think it reasonable to keep the same prices when we’re in L1.

I feel that would be a big mistake.

Anyone know when the prices are likely to be announced?

He'll have to keep prices the same because of all the STs from the 20/21 season he's going to want to roll over rather than refund. He's massively backed himself into a corner and I've zero sympathy for him. In fact, I hope he loses every penny and ends up kipping on Fargate with the Spice Heads.

If he had half a brain he would drop prices by at least 75%, maybe even 50% by way of an apology and to try and get the fans back in and engaged with the club. Nothing stopping him from giving existing ST holders a 75%-50% rebate.  Call it a "charm offensive" Maybe even revert back to the proper badge and try and build some bridges with the fans. We need as many as possible in the ground to make Hillsborough as intimidating as we can for the clubs that will be coming here for their "Cup Final".

But no...... he's arrogant and clueless. He won't do anything different and will continue to blame us for everything. It's not the 21/22 season that we should be asking this question about, it's the one after. If we're still in the Pub League and that idiot is still the owner I can see us being under 10K.

People have had enough of him, I don't know anyone that wants him here another second. I don't see us as Sheffield Wednesday anymore, it's Chumpsiri FC and that makes it very easy to walk away from until he's gone.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

Don’t underestimate the Covid-19 effect either. Even with a vaccine I know plenty who are not planning to risk it, particularly older supporters and some with medical disabilities. Add to that, a lot of people have gotten out of the habit of going, so won’t be as programmed to return.

South stand will be like a graveyard, more so than usual.

19 hours ago, rawowl said:

It felt wrong typing that figure.  I hope I am wrong.  I remember when we beat Leicester on sky to go top of the prem in 95/96 season.  I think we had 18K there that night.  

I really do think there would be a huge drop especially if we didn’t recruit well in the summer.

Tragic!

• Like 1