A few observations tonight

9 hours ago, Trevorhg said:

Referees continue to bemuse me!  This is the second game running that Borner has been elbowed in the face without a referee noticing.  Bacuna looks at Borner before jumping into him with his elbow but our wonderful official can see nothing wrong.

I would also wonder what would have happened if Windass has not scored.  He was pulled twice by the defender as he ran in.  Against Norwich he would have been clear but for a pull by Gibson.  Referee cannot see it but the rest of the world, including referees, can!

We are rubbish but I would like to see us getting a break sometime.

I also feel it was an obvious penalty for us when Rhodes got fouled in the box.

We are a terrible football team.

But we also seem to have the perfect storm of things not going for us in this period of time.  But I guess as they say you make your own luck. 

The whole club needs a reset from the top to the bottom.  Particularly at the top 

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
9 hours ago, Dot said:

what a surprise, the first reaction.

care to counteract my point? with discussion as to why  I am wrong?

Cos you dont mention Chansiris negligence once.

Am putting this down as another poster paid ir employed  by  Trevor or clubs Comms team.

Thats 10 now on here.

We are as poor a team as I have seen. Last night too many just don't move or run, passes backwards. Just look devoid of any plan, our players are always under pressure as no one available for the ball, so only option pass back and more pressure. So easy for teams to play us, press and we will either, loose the ball, pass it out of play or hoof it to their keeper.

55 minutes ago, Lodge Moor Owl said:

What struck me was the very muted goal celebration, it’s like they were going through the motions. Maybe windass not popular but it was a good goal in desert of goals good or otherwise. They are very clearly  not the tight bunch you would want for a relaxation dogfight. No obviously rallying from captain comb over, no obvious cohesive camaraderie either.

Probably right but in these empty stadiums the whole thing seems a case of going through the motions. Noticed this with a few teams when scoring and conceding 

10 hours ago, Dot said:

Liam Shaw

won't let him anywhere the team again, he's been garbage since the Celtic move was announced

Apart from Windass he was the only midfield player who won the ball and ran forward to try and push their defence on the back foot...everyone else looked for a safe ball to abdicate any responsibility through fear

• Love 2

42 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Apart from Windass he was the only midfield player who won the ball and ran forward to try and push their defence on the back foot...everyone else looked for a safe ball to abdicate any responsibility through fear

Yes and he was also getting in opposition box any chance he could.

11 hours ago, Dot said:

Some may not be popular...dont get personal.

There is obvious talent in some individuals but we are a million miles from being a team and I think that's the problem, we just aren't a team.

recent managers have pointed out the imbalance in the team, but the one who had the chance to address it..Monk, made it even more unbalanced.

The confidence, zero confidence in the players is leading to mistakes amd opposing teams are playing on this.

the ref, what the f?

constant stop start, no game changing decisions..other than a clear pen when rhodes was kicked down in the box.

but the free kick we had when the ball hit him in the back, basically we are the the team on the attack but are punished because he's in the way.

Bannan takes the kick quickly to try and carry on the attack, the ref pulls it back so everyone can get in position. the ref then throws the ball to the floor and its still rolling when Bannan kicks it but he doesn't stop the game.

this new rule is getting on my tities, basically the attacking team are punished.

Last point

Liam Shaw

won't let him anywhere the team again, he's been garbage since the Celtic move was announced

Agree with everything except your last point.

Whilst I agree Shaw was at fault for the goal, it was clearly coming anyway. Letting the opposition play in our own half with impunity will always lead to disaster. 

The ref was shocking 

But I think Shaw is far down the list of players who should not be getting a look in. I think everyone is forgetting he only just turned 20. His inexperience shows, but at least he is positive in his play looking forward. It's his first season properly integrated in the first team and to be honest far more experienced players have fizzed up more consistently than he this season.

I'd also put Urhoghide in that bracket as well.

Good luck to the lad at Celtic, he'll be an asset to them.

We have far bigger problems than he.

5 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

I would like to point out that it wasn’t a free kick but a drop ball, hence why the ball was rolling when Bannan struck it....

“If the ball touches the referee or another match official and goes into the goal, or results in a change of possession or a promising attack, a dropped ball will be awarded”

Yeah and Bannan gave it straight to their player, resulting in more pressure on our goal.

The decision making by everyone on the pitch has been woeful recently.

We gave away possession so cheaply last night on numerous occasions, from back to front. We have no discipline, confidence or tactical nous to take a game by the scruff of the neck and press home a goal advantage.

Poor all round.

Yes, the quality of passing was awful and the constant turning attack into defence by playing the ball back to Westwood at every opportunity,  and some of which could only be described as suicide wish or hospital balls.

On several occasions players had the ball in forward facing positions with what appeared to be a simple forward pass in front of them, but no they did a 180 degree about turn to play the ball back to Westwood who then simply hoofed it either out off play or straight to one of their players.

At the beginning of this season Garry Monk spent quite some time making us all aware that he was working on getting the players together as a group, with the Hope of getting more of a feel-good atmosphere within the dressing room, however I can see very little, if any of this “togetherness” in evidence now. 
At one point Windass struck a shot which according to the commentator ‘struck Rhodes straight in the face’, Rhodes was then down for some considerable time and not one player went to see how he was, in fact Windass actually turned his back and headed off in the opposite direction.

12 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

With what I've seen of Shaw since his Exeter performance celtic are welcome to him 

Perhaps our managers should try playing him in the position he excelled in that day instead of thinking he is the next Steven Gerrard.

I think the vast majority of the OOC players know they are on their way out at the end of the season. We had the same problem in the second half of last season and we’ll have the same problem next unless we get to grips with the situation in the summer.

Trying to motivate these players is a thankless task. Moore’s getting it in the neck for trying to be positive. Pulis and to a certain extent Monk tried the beat em

with a verbal stick approach and that didn’t work. Pulis knew that there needed to be a squad overhaul and that was the only way forward. He wasn’t backed by the Chairman. The key thing is will Moore be?