A few observations tonight

1 minute ago, Dot said:

I'd like to say that you are getting tedious but you are not, you are tedious now, not getting there

At no point did I say he was worse than others on the pitch, I just posted a few observations on different things

And all I’m saying is it’s a very weird observation to have considering Shaw was on the pitch for 25 minutes and wasn’t the worst performer out there.

We are down, Moore can do what he likes, experiment as much as he likes. He might as well since there is no chance of staying up. he has to build for the next division and if his set up and substitutions look odd....who gives a **** . Let him get on with it. SWFC are just dead men walking...literally, we don't run anymore. So might as well sit back and let the car crash unfold since we can do nothing about it. We will rebuild and we will get back some pride. But I bet a substantial proportion of the fan base won't be around to see it. Many will have walked and some will have died. It isn't going to be pretty for a long time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

And all I’m saying is it’s a very weird observation to have considering Shaw was on the pitch for 25 minutes and wasn’t the worst performer out there.

and all I'm saying is stop stalking me FFS

• Haha 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Dude chill. You post a thread about observations and then get annoyed when someone doesn’t agree with your observations.

lol

It seems the vast majority do agree

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Trevorhg said:

Referees continue to bemuse me!  This is the second game running that Borner has been elbowed in the face without a referee noticing.  Bacuna looks at Borner before jumping into him with his elbow but our wonderful official can see nothing wrong.

I would also wonder what would have happened if Windass has not scored.  He was pulled twice by the defender as he ran in.  Against Norwich he would have been clear but for a pull by Gibson.  Referee cannot see it but the rest of the world, including referees, can!

We are rubbish but I would like to see us getting a break sometime.

I agree. Grant Hanley's elbow hit Lees and floored him for five minutes but ref says nothing and commentators say accidental, Shaw has been almost persecuted for his occasional wild play.

5 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

With what I've seen of Shaw since his Exeter performance celtic are welcome to him 

Hel make a few quid and go on loan to carlisle or darlington,and barely wear a first team shirt,hes got potential, but that can go either way,look at young hirst cant get in rotherhams 1st 11

Just now, legendaryswan said:

Hel make a few quid and go on loan to carlisle or darlington,and barely wear a first team shirt,hes got potential, but that can go either way,look at young hirst cant get in rotherhams 1st 11 we should have snatched Liecesters hand off for the 2M

1 minute ago, legendaryswan said:

Hel make a few quid and go on loan to carlisle or darlington,and barely wear a first team shirt,hes got potential, but that can go either way,look at young hirst cant get in rotherhams 1st 11

Only potential I've seen is a walking redcard

8 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

With what I've seen of Shaw since his Exeter performance celtic are welcome to him 

He played well for a while after that when not suspended. Cannot understand why he has been left out but maybe his attitude is affected by the club wanting to look into the transfer. However, an older experienced manager would get him playing better for us as would a forceful on the field captain.  

2 minutes ago, victorturner said:

He played well for a while after that when not suspended. Cannot understand why he has been left out but maybe his attitude is affected by the club wanting to look into the transfer. However, an older experienced manager would get him playing better for us as would a forceful on the field captain.  

Unfortunately ours are both 5h1t

16 minutes ago, swissmess said:

We are down, Moore can do what he likes, experiment as much as he likes. He might as well since there is no chance of staying up. he has to build for the next division and if his set up and substitutions look odd....who gives a **** . Let him get on with it. SWFC are just dead men walking...literally, we don't run anymore. So might as well sit back and let the car crash unfold since we can do nothing about it. We will rebuild and we will get back some pride. But I bet a substantial proportion of the fan base won't be around to see it. Many will have walked and some will have died. It isn't going to be pretty for a long time.

Give over. If we top up of division whichever one at Xmas days like today will be long forgotten. 

I would like to see lots of young athletic fast players who can actually dribble with the ball employed for next season. What we will lack in experience we will gain in exuberance. 

• Haha 1

I would like to point out that it wasn’t a free kick but a drop ball, hence why the ball was rolling when Bannan struck it....

“If the ball touches the referee or another match official and goes into the goal, or results in a change of possession or a promising attack, a dropped ball will be awarded”

My main observation was that it was like a really poor version of the playoff semi final. Took the lead which was a huge moment, didn’t attack (or couldnt) and then conceded a scruffy own goal.

Almost poetic that the own goal that sent us on this spiral a few years ago is repeated again now to seal relegation. Birmingham took the lead just a minute before too. Just to compound that feeling that we’ve experienced too often recently with the hogan goal, browns Corner and Adebayos winner. 

As a supporter you just have to shake your head and laugh as there isn’t a clearer message that we have no chance with this lot and it’s written in the script this season. Not even a slight glimmer of hope. They are just not up for the fight mentally and whatever can go wrong will go wrong. 

End of the season can’t come soon enough.

• Like 1

The ref wasn't to blame for our poor performance but he was awful. Commentator said it should have been David Coote but for some reason it wasn't? Isnt Coote a pig fan? Or am I mixing him up with someone else? Either way a pig fan wouldn't have been worse than the ref last night. We always get crap refs. I could actually believe the conspiracy theories tbh, we never seem to get a break. 

2 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

I would like to point out that it wasn’t a free kick but a drop ball, hence why the ball was rolling when Bannan struck it....

“If the ball touches the referee or another match official and goes into the goal, or results in a change of possession or a promising attack, a dropped ball will be awarded”

I was going to say... of the "few observations" the OP pointed out, many didn't happen

"constant stop start, no game changing decisions..other than a clear pen when rhodes was kicked down in the box."

Every Championship game yesterday either had the same number, or more, fouls than in our game. No Championship game yesterday had fewer fouls awarded. No Championship game on Tuesday had fewer fouls awarded. After a full round of Championship fixtures, our game yesterday had the joint-lowest fewest fouls awarded. Hardly stop-start. The Rhodes incident probably wasn't a penalty. So this never happened.

"but the free kick we had when the ball hit him in the back, basically we are the the team on the attack but are punished because he's in the way. Bannan takes the kick quickly to try and carry on the attack, the ref pulls it back so everyone can get in position."

A free kick isn't awarded if the ball hits the ref, it's a drop ball. I would have thought someone would be able to deduce that because Bannan (well, Hutchinson, but we'll ignore that) kicked a ball just after the ref dropped it. So again, this never happened.

But other than about 2/3rds of the OP being events he imagined... not bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What struck me was the very muted goal celebration, it’s like they were going through the motions. Maybe windass not popular but it was a good goal in desert of goals good or otherwise. They are very clearly  not the tight bunch you would want for a relaxation dogfight. No obviously rallying from captain comb over, no obvious cohesive camaraderie either.