Anyone had one of these

As an aside to this, there was an auction of football programmes today. Some cracking ones there mostly from the 40's.

One lot of 6 had a Wednesday v Chesterfield programme from Easter Monday 1948. 

I put a couple of bids in but backed out when it got to £90. Went for £95 in the end + 25% commission.

Some other lots went for big money.

image.png.60fd7217ea12c4972f4aa02792d06d86.png

12 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

My dad smoked Park Drive, which did me a big favour cos I tried one of his when I was about 10/11 and it was disgusting.

yeah, I tried a fag at with Junior school mate. Tried to make the end glow by blowing through. He told me you sucked not blew.

That was me cured for life.🤣

Park Drive... the most effective and quickest way of road surfacing the inside of your body. Even more effective than if you tried to do intravenously through a major artery.

These football handbooks were pretty good, though.

Had all the facts and figures in one book (for anyone under-40, the T'interweb didn't exist then) but I recall that you had to collect a shed load of stamps to complete the pictures in the book (or did these come later?) so the smokers really had to carry on puffing away for about two weeks to get a Ron "Chopper" Harris sticker.

• Haha 1

I remember my dad having a couple of them back when I was Barry Bannan's height. No idea what happened to them. Wouldn't be a surprise to find they were among the aircraft hangar of stuff in his loft. I seem to remember a colour picture of Ian St John at Liverpool, but not much else.

53 minutes ago, torryowl said:

shop outside my school in the 60s  would sell us a park drive and a match for 2d..........

The newsagent near my school also did this in the 70's. 

Known as dirty Sam I think the 'Meal deal' was a number 6 , a match, a quarter of sherbert pippins and a sneaky  look at the port mags lol

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

As an aside to this, there was an auction of football programmes today. Some cracking ones there mostly from the 40's.

One lot of 6 had a Wednesday v Chesterfield programme from Easter Monday 1948. 

I put a couple of bids in but backed out when it got to £90. Went for £95 in the end + 25% commission.

Some other lots went for big money.

image.png.60fd7217ea12c4972f4aa02792d06d86.png

Where was the auction please,  was it online