Why the hate?

Guest Therealrealist
11 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

What we do know is that many managers and chairmen have kept him at the club for the last 10 years. He must be doing something right.

I think maybe its dc who keeps him at the club..i dont think our managers have the authority to get rid of people

28 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Theres loads of good guys in life shall we give them all a job here?

The thread is about hate for Lee Bullen and that’s why what I said was relevant. He is a good guy and he is well respected amongst the players too. The fans giving him grief are daft.

Guest T Hardy

I’ve nothing against Bullen personally, at all. It’s how some fans react to us winning games when he’s caretaker manager that bugs me. 

I’m not sure how useful it is when we get rid of a manager, and he brings back players like Westwood and Hutchinson into the side, who numerous managers obviously decide are toxic. When this happens and we win a couple of games, it makes some fans forget about the reasons why those players were deservedly frozen out in the first place, and it’s ‘give Bully the job’. That he brings back players who have been frozen out makes me wonder whose side he’s on when that happens. Is he part of the dressing room or management? 

It’s all very short term and does seem to sometimes get us out of a bad patch, but ultimately I don’t think it’s a good thing, we should have moved on from Westwood and Hutch a few years ago. 

It's the feeling that he has been around through many different managers and become part of the fabric of failure at the club.

Seems a decent enough guy and players obviously like him. That then lead to issues of possibly being too pally with some who had shared in the failure.

Nobody managing, coaching or playing under Chansiri will ever walk away with a totally intact reputation.

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Great post - am sure that's convinced everyone

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Great post - am sure that's convinced everyone

Well Lee Bullen is the one thing round the playing staff we haven’t changed. Time for a clean sweep.

53 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

I’ve nothing against Bullen personally, at all. It’s how some fans react to us winning games when he’s caretaker manager that bugs me. 

I’m not sure how useful it is when we get rid of a manager, and he brings back players like Westwood and Hutchinson into the side, who numerous managers obviously decide are toxic. When this happens and we win a couple of games, it makes some fans forget about the reasons why those players were deservedly frozen out in the first place, and it’s ‘give Bully the job’. That he brings back players who have been frozen out makes me wonder whose side he’s on when that happens. Is he part of the dressing room or management? 

It’s all very short term and does seem to sometimes get us out of a bad patch, but ultimately I don’t think it’s a good thing, we should have moved on from Westwood and Hutch a few years ago. 

Some of that “short term” ism wouldn’t go amiss right now ?

2 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

Lee Bullen has been a constant in the first teams downward spiral. 
Since he has not been with our development squad they have believe it or not developed some first team players. He’s just not very good and needs to go.

Did he block you on twitter as well? lol

• Haha 2

Hard to hate a guy whose barely involved in the first team set up. After everyone’s who left in the past 5 years he’s a constant and must keep his part of the job ticking along nicely.

I did find some of the estate agent comments funny, but it’s only bantz 

I neither like or dislike him because I've never met him.

I think he's been around a failing club far too long.....every new manager talks about the poor culture, a culture Bullen has been part of for many years.   

Just now, SDS Owl said:

I neither like or dislike him because I've never met him.

I think he's been around a failing club far too long.....every new manager talks about the poor culture, a culture Bullen has been part of for many years.   

What if he's the one doing exceptional work despite that and is the one at the club who's not put a foot wrong or got involved in the culture

Should we sack him?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

What if he's the one doing exceptional work despite that and is the one at the club who's not put a foot wrong or got involved in the culture

Should we sack him?

What if he isn't?