Why the hate?

Guest Therealrealist
45 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Lee Bullen is one of life’s and football’s good guys. Some of our fans are weird

Theres loads of good guys in life shall we give them all a job here?

I don't do twitter and don't even bother with Facebook these last few years,so I'm not sure how much /what has been fully going on. 

Were in a complete mess at the moment and could with our present owner end up in freefall or worse. 

Firstly theres all this corona virus stuff going on then add to the current slide of the club, one of the few escapes from the drudgery and grind of corona virus life. 

People are angry with how badly things are being run, they want to vent it, it hurts. Dc and his advisors are hiding away, the new manager has only just landed,so the ones actively on social media like players or Bullen are the only real contact to vent frustrations and anger towards the running of the club, hence that's what some people are doing, that's my take on it anyway. 

My personal feelings with Bullen is he seems indestructible, every time he's replace, they seem to just give him a different job in some other capacity. 

Since Dc has been here he's been assistant manager, caretaker manager, just a coach, now he's an under 23's coach. I just feel we need to change things, freshen things up ad if the new manager wants to replace a member of staff with someone they think can do a better job, we shouldn't just give them a job elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, Jamie_W said:

I had absolutely no idea about any of that Twitter drama, this is the first time I’ve read it. Don’t assume that’s everyone’s motivation and use it to dismiss criticism of Bullen.

The reason I and others on here have had issues with Bullen is because he’s been a part of the furniture. At times when things haven’t been working, we’ve had accusations of the players being too comfortable, mental fragility etc, we’ve needed to freshen the team up, he has remained a constant. He’s shown his limitations through stints as manager which failed after the initial bounce. He’s been a great servant but at some point you have to say it’s time to cut ties and bring in new eyes and new thinking.

Sure, we’ve seen managers able to bring in their own staff this season, but it’s been such a colossal mess it’s not a stable barometer to judge against. And no, he isn’t the only problem, he’s just a part of the puzzle.

I’m with you Jamie, I had no idea about any of this. I’ve always thought that he a top bloke.

Social media eh ? ... should be called unsocial media.

2 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

My personal feelings with Bullen is he seems indestructible, every time he's replace, they seem to just give him a different job in some other capacity.  

This could mean that he's doing an exemplary job behind the scenes in what he does, his coaching, his positive presence and personality, his knowledge and understanding, how well he transfers his knowledge onto others

Assuming anything else is simply looking for something that might not exist with no basis to do so

Owlstalk Shop

I like Bullen.

I contacted the club because the season after Cardiff my Dad who is now 87 bought a framed photo of the famous Bullen after match shot. I wondered if it would be possible for my Dad to come down and get it autographed and included my mobile number. Now my Dad has loads of heroes but Bullen is one of his favourites just because of the honesty and character of the bloke.

I was in Morrisons one day, my phone went and it was Lee Bullen and he invited us down to the training ground a few days later. He spent 10-15 minutes chatting to my Dad and left a great impression.

Top bloke, the hate he gets from some morons is pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Guest Therealrealist
3 hours ago, Noleafclover said:

Hi guys I'm new to the forum, I've been reading for a few weeks and really enjoyed seeing everyone's opinions ect. 

One of things I've seen that I can't really get my head round is the hate that Lee Bullen gets. What is it that people have against him? 

I wasn't the biggest fan of his when he was a player or anything but I think he's been a good servant to wednesday over the years and obviously loves the club. 

Im certain theres no 'hate' but maybe after years of failure at all levels of the club..it just seems odd to keep changing managers but keep all the background staff who have been here throughout that failure..a clean sweep with a new broom might be just what the club needs in these torrid times

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

it just seems odd to keep changing managers but keep all the background staff who have been here throughout that failure.. 

We haven't 

We've changed the background staff that each manager has brought with them each time a manager has left/got sacked

We've changed/got rid of

Advisors
The transfer committee
CEO
Manager /Head Coach

Assistant Managers
Commercial Director
Goalkeeping coaches

The entire physio team

It could be suggested that the amount of constant change has contributed very significantly to our downfall

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

This could mean that he's doing an exemplary job behind the scenes in what he does, his coaching, his positive presence and personality, his knowledge and understanding, how well he transfers his knowledge onto others

Its a very plausible argument bud, though you can look at it from the point of "we're a family and we look after family". We've all worked with or at a firm where someone lazy, useless or incompetent gets promoted or keeps there job becouse they're a family member, freind or buddy of the boss. 

3 hours ago, Noleafclover said:

Hi guys I'm new to the forum, I've been reading for a few weeks and really enjoyed seeing everyone's opinions ect. 

One of things I've seen that I can't really get my head round is the hate that Lee Bullen gets. What is it that people have against him? 

I wasn't the biggest fan of his when he was a player or anything but I think he's been a good servant to wednesday over the years and obviously loves the club. 

Welcome.

You can kiss goodbye to any semblance of productivity in your real life now.

As for Bullen, it's just a weird human thing that we instantly have to find a simple, tangible reason to explain why complex things happen (perfect example, God).

So when stuff starts going south the easiest, most relatable common denominator to on-pitch performance is Lee Bullen.

The same Lee Bullen that was there through the good times too - but as stuff wasn't going south, we didn't need to find anything to rationalize the 'why' of its occurrence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

Its a very plausible argument bud, though you can look at it from the point of "we're a family and we look after family". We've all worked with or at a firm where someone lazy, useless or incompetent gets promoted or keeps there job becouse they're a family member, freind or buddy of the boss. 

Chansiri has already stated that this is not the case at all

Owlstalk Shop

I'll also reiterate that this whole thing started when Bullen (rightly) blocked idiots who were abusing him on Twitter

They've then deliberately caused a snowball of hate towards him that people have joined in with without questioning WHY they're doing it or how it started

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
12 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I like Bullen.

I contacted the club because the season after Cardiff my Dad who is now 87 bought a framed photo of the famous Bullen after match shot. I wondered if it would be possible for my Dad to come down and get it autographed and included my mobile number. Now my Dad has loads of heroes but Bullen is one of his favourites just because of the honesty and character of the bloke.

I was in Morrisons one day, my phone went and it was Lee Bullen and he invited us down to the training ground a few days later. He spent 10-15 minutes chatting to my Dad and left a great impression.

Top bloke, the hate he gets from some morons is pathetic.

Thats a nice story..hes a nice bloke..everybody at swfc is nice..its a nice club to work at...but we keep losing football matches..at all levels

6 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Thats a nice story..hes a nice bloke..everybody at swfc is nice..its a nice club to work at...but we keep losing football matches..at all levels

We've changed/got rid of

Advisors
The transfer committee
CEO
Manager /Head Coach

Assistant Managers
Commercial Director
Goalkeeping coaches

The entire physio team

And still not succeeded

However one thing that has not changed is the philosophy / strategy of the club - maybe look at this?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

We've changed/got rid of

Advisors
The transfer committee
CEO
Manager /Head Coach

Assistant Managers
Commercial Director
Goalkeeping coaches

The entire physio team

And still not succeeded

However one thing that has not changed is the philosophy / strategy of the club - maybe look at this?

This is proof that Bullen is the problem. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I don't know how good or bad a coach he is.

I've never taken part in one of his sessions.

Doubt many of us have, have we?

What we do know is that many managers and chairmen have kept him at the club for the last 10 years. He must be doing something right.

I like Lee Bullen, a throwback to what football should be about, the link between club and community.

Hes had a couple of probably unwanted spells in charge at tough times, he did ok the second time. He could probably get a job managing at a lower level somewhere but he clearly likes being part of a wider set up here.