Why the hate?

34 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

I had absolutely no idea about any of that Twitter drama, this is the first time I’ve read it. Don’t assume that’s everyone’s motivation and use it to dismiss criticism of Bullen.

The reason I and others on here have had issues with Bullen is because he’s been a part of the furniture. At times when things haven’t been working, we’ve had accusations of the players being too comfortable, mental fragility etc, we’ve needed to freshen the team up, he has remained a constant. He’s shown his limitations through stints as manager which failed after the initial bounce. He’s been a great servant but at some point you have to say it’s time to cut ties and bring in new eyes and new thinking.

Sure, we’ve seen managers able to bring in their own staff this season, but it’s been such a colossal mess it’s not a stable barometer to judge against. And no, he isn’t the only problem, he’s just a part of the puzzle.

His results as stand in manager are very good, especially considering they have usually happened at a time of either a run of bad results getting a manager sacked , or in the case of Bruce, chaos as your manager and coaches walk out a few days before the season starts.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

I had absolutely no idea about any of that Twitter drama, this is the first time I’ve read it. Don’t assume that’s everyone’s motivation and use it to dismiss criticism of Bullen.

The reason I and others on here have had issues with Bullen is because he’s been a part of the furniture. At times when things haven’t been working, we’ve had accusations of the players being too comfortable, mental fragility etc, we’ve needed to freshen the team up, he has remained a constant. He’s shown his limitations through stints as manager which failed after the initial bounce. He’s been a great servant but at some point you have to say it’s time to cut ties and bring in new eyes and new thinking.

Sure, we’ve seen managers able to bring in their own staff this season, but it’s been such a colossal mess it’s not a stable barometer to judge against. And no, he isn’t the only problem, he’s just a part of the puzzle.

Why is he a problem. Every club needs someone who really cares and knows the club. Even more so when you have a chairman  like ours

• Like 2
  • Love 1

There seems to be this weird obsession with the one nightmare game we lost with Bullen in charge. 3-0 i believe against Burton Albion.

Granted it was a poo performance but what we've seen since and from other managers doesn't compare. People love to hate Bullen as he's been here a long time and see that as part of the problem. Clubs need individuals like Bullen who have been around for years and continue to step in when needed. 

I remember watching the Amazon documentary on Man City and they had the kit man who had been with the club for years. He had a tremendous rapport with some of the international stars. IMO Bullen get's unfair abuse and seems to be an easy target as he's an approachable, good guy.

Edited by swfcGibbo
more information

20 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

When the do-do is hitting the fan - which it is in every conceivable way at our club - people look for reasons.

There's not always have any rhyme or reason to the thought processes. 

I agree with this.

If things get worse which many people believe they will I expect they will be a new scapegoat every 2 weeks some people will focus on outside of Chansiri.

It will be the manager, certain players and also any staff like Lee Bullen who have been employed by the club for a while.

• Like 1

Twitter isn’t something I would ever bother with. It’s unfortunate that a vocal minority can cause so much misery!

If people are being abusive they should be blocked on any platform. I’ve never met Bullen and don’t really know much about him other than any interviews he’s done and therefore don’t have a strong opinion on him. I do have a strong opinion on people who spread hatred and abuse though. They are scumbags!

• Like 1

It's an odd one.

I did have an acquaintance at one time who was a blunt (Forgive me).

When he fell out with Warnock, everything at the club was Warnocks fault.

"But he saved you from relegation and then got you promoted" I said

"Nothing to do with him. Everyone knows all the good stuff is Blackwell behind the scenes"

Of course when Blackwell later took charge and was an abject failure this was forgotten.

As was the previous hatred for Warnock "Should never have let him go. He'd have got us back up"

Bullen is part of the failure.

But then equally he was involved when we got to the play-offs twice.

I don't know how good or bad a coach he is.

I've never taken part in one of his sessions.

Doubt many of us have, have we?

• Love 1