Sheffield Wednesday v Rotherham United

Hello all, 

Well who'd have thought it. The might of The Massive slugging it out with Toytown to stay up. How the mighty have fallen eh? 

Looking through the titles of your threads I can see you think the outlook of surviving is pretty bleak given your current situation. Not helped by the chairman  (oh sugar I've spilt my Elev8 energy drink on my new £58 Elevate shirt. Please someone, ring me a taxi. No, not City Cars, I much prefer to ride with DTaxis. Yes I know I've spent £47 to get a seat in the newly sold Hillsborough but I really need to get back to Rotherham and change this shirt.) 

Anyway, enough of the banter. Wednesday's game is season defining. The winner keeps in touch with the pack above but lose and you're really getting cut adrift with a mountain to climb. I wouldn't say it's impossible for the loser to stay up but it'll be a momentous effort to avoid relegation won't it?

In many ways we are in similar form. We've both had good runs recently but then gone through an awful run in the last couple of weeks. From our point of view it's not looking good. Ihekwie, our main centre back is suspended. Wood and Robertson have been injured leaving one fit centre half in a back line where we've been playing 3. In short, its going to force a change of formation and players playing out of position.

Our poor run of form has coincided with losing Jamie Lynsdey to a long term injury. He was the main man in our high press game. Without him and a lack of goals up front I'm a little nervous for this game. 

As an optimist though I'll stick my neck out and say it'll be a tight affair and we'll score late to get a 1 nil win. 

8 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

Without him and a lack of goals up front I'm a little nervous for this game. 

We will help you out here don't worry 

Bob geldof of the football world our lot 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, AlanLee said:

Hello all, 

Well who'd have thought it. The might of The Massive slugging it out with Toytown to stay up. How the mighty have fallen eh? 

Our poor run of form has coincided with losing Jamie Lynsdey to a long term injury. He was the main man in our high press game. Without him and a lack of goals up front I'm a little nervous for this game. 

As an optimist though I'll stick my neck out and say it'll be a tight affair and we'll score late to get a 1 nil win. 

Sure you said earlier in the season that you would finish above us easily? 

Must be gutting for you that we have actually won more points on the pitch despite gifting you 3 at your place.

5 hours ago, AlanLee said:

In many ways we are in similar form. We've both had good runs recently but then gone through an awful run in the last couple of weeks. From our point of view it's not looking good. Ihekwie, our main centre back is suspended. Wood and Robertson have been injured leaving one fit centre half in a back line where we've been playing 3. In short, its going to force a change of formation and players playing out of position.

We don't have any decent forwards so this shouldn't be a problem for you.

8 hours ago, AlanLee said:

Hello all, 

Looking through the titles of your threads I can see you think the outlook of surviving is pretty bleak given your current situation. Not helped by the chairman  (oh sugar I've spilt my Elev8 energy drink on my new £58 Elevate shirt. Please someone, ring me a taxi. No, not City Cars, I much prefer to ride with DTaxis. Yes I know I've spent £47 to get a seat in the newly sold Hillsborough but I really need to get back to Rotherham and change this shirt.) 

Anyway, enough of the banter. Wednesday's game is season defining. The winner keeps in touch with the pack above but lose and you're really getting cut adrift with a mountain to climb. I wouldn't say it's impossible for the loser to stay up but it'll be a momentous effort to avoid relegation won't it?

Hi mate

Thank you for this insight - appreciated 

Owlstalk Shop

9 hours ago, AlanLee said:

Hello all, 

Do you think George Hirst has a sniff of playing in this one?

Owlstalk Shop

I actually do think he might start Hirst just for the fact he'll be fired up for it at Hillsborough. He's only had a few starts early in the season and usually comes on for the last 10 or 20 mins if we're losing. He never looks like scoring but always runs about a lot and gives his all. He just doesn't seem up to this level but he is fairly young so could prove me wrong over time. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AlanLee said:

Hello all, 

Your midfield will terrify our's.

11 hours ago, AlanLee said:

Hello all, 

Probably end a draw which doesn't help either club, especially if other results don't go our way. 

17 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Probably end a draw which doesn't help either club, especially if other results don't go our way. 

Maybe. I'd take a draw now. Keeps Wednesday below us and stops the gap getting bigger 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, the third man said:

Mini Pig taking after other pigs, not bothered about winning and staying up, as long as we stay above Wednesday

Mini pig? I'm no Wednesday fan my friend. And yes as long as we stay above Wednesday we've a good chance of staying up. Simple 

13 hours ago, AlanLee said:

Hello all, 

You only pop up on here when Wednesday are struggling and I'm sure you said you would be blowing us away earlier in the season.

• Thanks 1