Sheffield Wednesday v Rotherham United

42 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

I've said before I don't 'hate' Sheffield Wednesday the club. I've family who are fans, I used to work for the club in the late 90s. But I really do dislike you Rotherham Owls. You know that much by now don't you? 

I am not a Rotherham Owl so why did you reply like this? 

Do you only post when you're drunk or are you always drunk so it doesn't matter when you post? 

42 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

I've said before I don't 'hate' Sheffield Wednesday the club. I've family who are fans, I used to work for the club in the late 90s. But I really do dislike you Rotherham Owls. You know that much by now don't you? 

I really don't understand this? You dislike Rotherham Owls but no issue with Blades, Leeds or even Barnsley fans in your town. 

I grew up in Rotherham and as a kid always looked out for your results even went to watch you at Wembley beating Shrewsbury. Then a few years later a bit of success under Ronnie Moore and all of a sudden wednesdayites are scum of the earth. Guess you dislike me too then.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I chucked a few quid in. Regardless of how much any of thir fans hate us I don't like to see clubs in trouble. I don't like to think how bad their fans would feel when the worst happens. I do remember when we were in trouble there was nothing other than vitriol and hate from the local sides towards us but I would still chuck a few quid in to help them. I guess i'm just a bigger man than some. 

As for tonight, before we announced DM I was thinking we'd be lucky to avoid a repeat of earlier in the season. Now there's a wild card though, the new manager bounce that teams sometimes get. Our team of workshy bottlers could well decide that tonight is the night they're going to put in 90 minutes and earn their astronomical wages for once. What will be will be I guess. 

This exactly

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

That's a really strange thing to say isn't it?

I'm pretty sure Mansfield or Swindon haven't beaten you 3 nil already this season, aren't above you in the league, aren't fighting with you to stay up and don't have a 15 mile border with Sheffield! 

Honestly, I was annoyed..But only the same as any other defeat this season. Ok then Blackburn or Norwich.. Rotherham the place doesnt bother me at all.  Reminds me of Sheffield in the 80s. The people are just a bit loud and indescrete.

57 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

Mate, seriously, having been inside Hillsborough probably a hundred times, and driven past hundreds more, you are in no position to slag off Rotherham's ground!

Seriously I was bit dissapointed.

I know Hillsbrough is old and knackered but it really is a force when we have a team to be proud of.

1 hour ago, AlanLee said:

Are you just jealous of their bus?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Theres as many leeds fans in rham as there is wednesday fans..probably more..also plenty of blunts..real blunts not miniblunts..do you go bellyaching on their forums askijg about wages etc b4 you play them??

There is no where near as many of any fans in Rotherham as Wednesday. At least going on my mates and when I was at Oakwood Comp in the 90s.

Anyway, I equally dislike Sheff U and Leeds. In fact Leeds are probably the thickest wannabe hardmen in English football

6 hours ago, morganowl said:

roth lost 5 in a row so what? we have ended every clubs bad run this season . what i want to know and wish supporters are given answers to who this mess of a squad was set up? was it monk?,paxio? recruitment team or all 3? how the hell do you start a season without a left back and still dont get one in jan? lose fletcher and dont replace him, yet have about four no10s marriot,kachunga ,windass,brown ?. we are playing a club losing 5 in a row, only 1 fit defender ,only having 5 subs due to injuries any club would love to be playing rotherham tonight . either players show up tonight or darren moore only plays players after tonight what he might still use next season in league 1. win or bust 

Good Post. Clearly you care about your club like I do mine. When you're a true supporter it hurt when things aren't right. All proper football fans understand that. I do wish all true Wednesday fans the best and I do mean that. Without fans and banter football is nothing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I am not a Rotherham Owl so why did you reply like this? 

Do you only post when you're drunk or are you always drunk so it doesn't matter when you post? 

Sorry mate, genuinely wasn't directed at you. Not sure tbh why it was a reply to you specifically 

2 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

Sorry mate, genuinely wasn't directed at you. Not sure tbh why it was a reply to you specifically 

Well I wish I was drunk now!

Fair play on the winning goal, not sure down to 10 men defending in the last minute of stoppage time we would have been adventurous enough to try and launch an attack. 

6 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I really don't understand this? You dislike Rotherham Owls but no issue with Blades, Leeds or even Barnsley fans in your town. 

I grew up in Rotherham and as a kid always looked out for your results even went to watch you at Wembley beating Shrewsbury. Then a few years later a bit of success under Ronnie Moore and all of a sudden wednesdayites are scum of the earth. Guess you dislike me too then.

Maybe I've just come across the wrong Rotherham Owls but through most of my life they've took the ******** out of their home town.  To me it's just bizarre. You should be proud of where you live shouldn't you? I'm a proud Rotherham man and should ignore the Toytown/six fingered/peado/jobless/inbred/scruffyshite jibes and tell myself it's just football. No offence meant buddy. 

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Well I wish I was drunk now!

Fair play on the winning goal, not sure down to 10 men defending in the last minute of stoppage time we would have been adventurous enough to try and launch an attack. 

I'll be honest I didn't either. Hang on to the draw I was telling myself. But when that went in me and the kids screamed that loud my other half rang the neighbours to apologise for the noise 😁

A few twists and turns left yet mate, that's why we love football 👍🏼

8 hours ago, AlanLee said:

Maybe I've just come across the wrong Rotherham Owls but through most of my life they've took the ******** out of their home town.  To me it's just bizarre. You should be proud of where you live shouldn't you? I'm a proud Rotherham man and should ignore the Toytown/six fingered/peado/jobless/inbred/scruffyshite jibes and tell myself it's just football. No offence meant buddy. 

I went to Wickersley and can honestly say there we're never any ******** taking. Like I said previously I'd always kept an eye out for your results and was chuffed to bits when Ronnie Moore took you through the leagues. Then all of a sudden these Man Utd and Liverpool fans started supporting Rotherham and we were suddenly labelled pigs and wendies. Anyway at least you haven't come on to rub it in so fair play and good luck for the rest of your season.