Sheffield Wednesday v Rotherham United

1 hour ago, AlanLee said:

So how much is Jordan Rhodes pulling? 

obviously too much.

we could have told you this 3 years ago

i would very much suggest it doesnt help things

doesnt effect what he does on the pitch

we know exactly what our chairman is

I worry about what Rotherham are doing as much as I would say Mansfield or Swindon. 

I have to admit the ground looks amazing from the outside. But looks like a local leisure centre on the inside.  I was expecting them to put up tennis nets after the match. Can you still use a passport to leisure?

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He is a Rotherham player this season and you are paying him. On what basis does your imagination allow you to believe you are paying him half his wages at most?

Even if it is half he would still come in at number 1 on your list based on what you say he is earning. I'll give you a breakdown of the mathematics on that if you need any assistance. 

There is absolutely no way we will be paying 11k a week for an unproven, unplayed kid who'd not played a minute of senior football in his life. Especially when our most expensive wage is less than 6k a week. If we had that money we would sign better players ourselves. 

So on what basis does your imagination allow you to believe that a club as wealthy as Leicester would not pay half his wage simply to get some senior games under his belt? 

2 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

So without tony u wud be round our place again with the buckets??

No, without Tony there wouldn't be a league club in Rotherham. I'd be watching a Rotherham phoenix club play in the 10th tier somewhere.

As I've said numerous times, the bucket collection helped keep us going on a week by week basis and we've always been grateful for that from fans across the country.

Weird how a few hundred pounds from 1 bucket collection 16 years ago is brought up on here for an eternity. Didn't know you held onto your wallets for that long in Sheff. 

We owed £2.5m at the time and would have simply gone to the wall as Bury have done if it weren't for Uncle Tone. 

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Strange you lot seem to hate us so much yet function by being led by one of us.

I've said before I don't 'hate' Sheffield Wednesday the club. I've family who are fans, I used to work for the club in the late 90s. But I really do dislike you Rotherham Owls. You know that much by now don't you? 

55 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I worry about what Rotherham are doing as much as I would say Mansfield or Swindon. 

That's a really strange thing to say isn't it?

I'm pretty sure Mansfield or Swindon haven't beaten you 3 nil already this season, aren't above you in the league, aren't fighting with you to stay up and don't have a 15 mile border with Sheffield! 

58 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I have to admit the ground looks amazing from the outside. But looks like a local leisure centre on the inside.  I was expecting them to put up tennis nets after the match. Can you still use a passport to leisure?

Mate, seriously, having been inside Hillsborough probably a hundred times, and driven past hundreds more, you are in no position to slag off Rotherham's ground!

2 hours ago, AlanLee said:

So how much is Jordan Rhodes pulling? 

Jordan Rhodes's contract expired last year. He signed an extension but now he's paying us to play. He gives us £200 per game but it works out as slightly less as we pay his petrol money and give him an orange at half time.

On 28/02/2021 at 23:38, AlanLee said:

(oh sugar I've spilt my Elev8 energy drink on my new £58 Elevate shirt. Please someone, ring me a taxi. No, not City Cars, I much prefer to ride with DTaxis. Yes I know I've spent £47 to get a seat in the newly sold Hillsborough but I really need to get back to Rotherham and change this shirt.) 

Anyway, enough of the banter.

"Banter"

ba2c67fcf810ea6aada3c967368440bd.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, alanharper said:

"Banter"

ba2c67fcf810ea6aada3c967368440bd.gif

I'm good aren't I? 

Just looking forward to the match. I'd normally be plastered by now wandering around Walkley so this is my pre match bants

7 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

I'm good aren't I? 

Just looking forward to the match. I'd normally be plastered by now wandering around Walkley so this is my pre match bants

Judging by your last few posts, I thought you were plastered.

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
35 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

I've said before I don't 'hate' Sheffield Wednesday the club. I've family who are fans, I used to work for the club in the late 90s. But I really do dislike you Rotherham Owls. You know that much by now don't you? 

Theres as many leeds fans in rham as there is wednesday fans..probably more..also plenty of blunts..real blunts not miniblunts..do you go bellyaching on their forums askijg about wages etc b4 you play them??

Just now, Therealrealist said:

Theres as many leeds fans in rham as there is wednesday fans..probably more..also plenty of blunts..real blunts not miniblunts..do you go bellyaching on their forums askijg about wages etc b4 you play them??

I'm guessing yes he does.

Like that Whitey the Dingle fan used to.

On 02/03/2021 at 10:02, Therealrealist said:

Wonder if theres anybody on here who will admit giving them their shrapnel..love to know their reasoning🤔

I chucked a few quid in. Regardless of how much any of thir fans hate us I don't like to see clubs in trouble. I don't like to think how bad their fans would feel when the worst happens. I do remember when we were in trouble there was nothing other than vitriol and hate from the local sides towards us but I would still chuck a few quid in to help them. I guess i'm just a bigger man than some. 

As for tonight, before we announced DM I was thinking we'd be lucky to avoid a repeat of earlier in the season. Now there's a wild card though, the new manager bounce that teams sometimes get. Our team of workshy bottlers could well decide that tonight is the night they're going to put in 90 minutes and earn their astronomical wages for once. What will be will be I guess. 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
47 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

There is absolutely no way we will be paying 11k a week for an unproven, unplayed kid who'd not played a minute of senior football in his life. Especially when our most expensive wage is less than 6k a week. If we had that money we would sign better players ourselves. 

So on what basis does your imagination allow you to believe that a club as wealthy as Leicester would not pay half his wage simply to get some senior games under his belt? 

Not played a senior minute of football in his life?? He played twice for us and he came on as a sub for leicester in the pl 🙈

3 hours ago, AlanLee said:

Had a link sent to me today with an accurate figure for Rotherham players wage levels. 

Top 7 earners:

7. Mattock £3.1k

6. Ladapo £3.3k

5. Harding £3.4k

4. Robertson £3.4k

3. Wiles £3.5k

2. A McDonald £4.5k

1. Barlaser £5.4k

Incidentally, George Hirst on loan from Leicester (zero goals in 22 apps) who can't get a start is stealing a living. He's on  £11k per week 

Must say they're on more than I thought. Our top 7 earners are paid £27k per week between them. Is it correct that Jordan Rhodes is on more than these put together? 

Wiles is on 6k! I should know used to go school with him

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

By your own admission, you think you're paying him 5 and a half grand a week.

45 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

If they were willing to pay most of his wages I'd have expected them to do a bit more work into finding a good fit for him. How many games has he started? What is he learning? How is he developing? He might as well still be with them and learning from their own coaches if they are paying most of his salary as he isn't getting much out of you lot. 

roth lost 5 in a row so what? we have ended every clubs bad run this season . what i want to know and wish supporters are given answers to who this mess of a squad was set up? was it monk?,paxio? recruitment team or all 3? how the hell do you start a season without a left back and still dont get one in jan? lose fletcher and dont replace him, yet have about four no10s marriot,kachunga ,windass,brown ?. we are playing a club losing 5 in a row, only 1 fit defender ,only having 5 subs due to injuries any club would love to be playing rotherham tonight . either players show up tonight or darren moore only plays players after tonight what he might still use next season in league 1. win or bust