Sheffield Wednesday v Rotherham United

23 hours ago, Manwë said:

Rotherham are on the verge of collapse.

They don't know it yet however, but tomorrow will be the end of their club, their way of life, even their town.

Tomorrow, Sheffield Wednesday will give Rotherham a lesson that they could never learn from, because they'll be so distraught from the teachings.

Lesson #1 - outright destruction of a football team.  We are going to teach Rotherham a thing or two about football, but it will be a costly bloodbath that Rotherham have no chance of winning.  There'll be players that will literally leave Hillsborough without a head.  The lucky few will be scarred for life.  The luckiest will be those who can't attend.

Wednesday have asked for Moore, Rotherham will be begging for No Moore.

Rotherham, it's over for you.  Tomorrow you meet your executioner, write your final words, make your peace.

Sheffield Wednesday 2 - Rotherham 1.

Boom!

“That’s mighty big talk, little breeches!” 😉

Guest Therealrealist
On 28/02/2021 at 23:38, AlanLee said:

Hello all, 

Well who'd have thought it. The might of The Massive slugging it out with Toytown to stay up. How the mighty have fallen eh? 

Looking through the titles of your threads I can see you think the outlook of surviving is pretty bleak given your current situation. Not helped by the chairman  (oh sugar I've spilt my Elev8 energy drink on my new £58 Elevate shirt. Please someone, ring me a taxi. No, not City Cars, I much prefer to ride with DTaxis. Yes I know I've spent £47 to get a seat in the newly sold Hillsborough but I really need to get back to Rotherham and change this shirt.) 

Anyway, enough of the banter. Wednesday's game is season defining. The winner keeps in touch with the pack above but lose and you're really getting cut adrift with a mountain to climb. I wouldn't say it's impossible for the loser to stay up but it'll be a momentous effort to avoid relegation won't it?

In many ways we are in similar form. We've both had good runs recently but then gone through an awful run in the last couple of weeks. From our point of view it's not looking good. Ihekwie, our main centre back is suspended. Wood and Robertson have been injured leaving one fit centre half in a back line where we've been playing 3. In short, its going to force a change of formation and players playing out of position.

Our poor run of form has coincided with losing Jamie Lynsdey to a long term injury. He was the main man in our high press game. Without him and a lack of goals up front I'm a little nervous for this game. 

As an optimist though I'll stick my neck out and say it'll be a tight affair and we'll score late to get a 1 nil win. 

Il ring you a d taxi..where you going? The local hardware store to buy some buckets??🙈

Guest Therealrealist
16 hours ago, sage owl said:

Despite all of that .

Will you still be bringing the begging buckets ?.

Wonder if theres anybody on here who will admit giving them their shrapnel..love to know their reasoning🤔

22 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

A draw will do neither of us any favours. It's a must win game which of course means we will lose. It's a shame we're both in this position as a few weeks ago it was looking likely all 5 south Yorkshire clubs would be in the same division next season. Not sure that has ever happened before.

The only teams that benefit from a draw are Birmingham, Coventry, Udders plus anyone else people think might get drawn into the scrap for survival at the bottom

I can see it being a close encounter between too crap sides. The Owls might just come out on top due to being slightly less crap. Plus we have the Juju over the Toytowners.

I can best describe Rotherham as a beer for this one.

Millers Lite.

• Haha 1

Both teams should be more fired up for this as they have for any game in recent years.

Both going at it hammer and tongue, fiery, tackles flying in, end to end attacking football. A game they both have to win.

0-0 nailed on.

Had a link sent to me today with an accurate figure for Rotherham players wage levels. 

Top 7 earners:

7. Mattock £3.1k

6. Ladapo £3.3k

5. Harding £3.4k

4. Robertson £3.4k

3. Wiles £3.5k

2. A McDonald £4.5k

1. Barlaser £5.4k

Incidentally, George Hirst on loan from Leicester (zero goals in 22 apps) who can't get a start is stealing a living. He's on  £11k per week 

Must say they're on more than I thought. Our top 7 earners are paid £27k per week between them. Is it correct that Jordan Rhodes is on more than these put together? 

Edited by AlanLee

30 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

Had a link sent to me today with an accurate figure for Rotherham players wage levels. 

Top 7 earners:

7. Mattock £3.1k

6. Ladapo £3.3k

5. Harding £3.4k

4. Robertson £3.4k

3. Wiles £3.5k

2. A McDonald £4.5k

1. Barlaser £5.4k

Incidentally, George Hirst on loan from Leicester (zero goals in 22 apps) who can't get a start is stealing a living. He's on  £11k per week 

Must say they're on more than I thought. Our top 7 earners are paid £27k per week between them. Is it correct that Jordan Rhodes is on more than these put together? 

George should be number 1 on your list then shouldn't he? If you can't work that out I am questioning the accuracy of your list. 

54 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

Top 7 earners:

7. Mattock £3.1k

6. Ladapo £3.3k

5. Harding £3.4k

4. Robertson £3.4k

3. Wiles £3.5k

2. A McDonald £4.5k

1. Barlaser £5.4k

Thought u had only spent 500k?

Just now, trev said:

Thought u had only spent 500k?

On players yes. Uncle Tony covers the loss on players. Writes a cheque for about £1m a season to cover the shortfall and keep us in the black. 

15 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Please no more of this 'dead humble' crap.

Wonder were theyre getting that from.

Perhaps king pigs self promoting b@llcks to appease the unwashed.

So how much is Jordan Rhodes pulling? 

26 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

George should be number 1 on your list then shouldn't he? If you can't work that out I am questioning the accuracy of your list. 

No cos he's not a Rotherham player is he? I haven't got a clue how much Leicester will be contributing but imagine it's at least half. 

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

On players yes. Uncle Tony covers the loss on players. Writes a cheque for about £1m a season to cover the shortfall and keep us in the black. 

So without tony u wud be round our place again with the buckets??

2 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

Uncle Tony the Wednesday fan?

1 minute ago, AlanLee said:

No cos he's not a Rotherham player is he? I haven't got a clue how much Leicester will be contributing but imagine it's at least half. 

He is a Rotherham player this season and you are paying him. On what basis does your imagination allow you to believe you are paying him half his wages at most?

Even if it is half he would still come in at number 1 on your list based on what you say he is earning. I'll give you a breakdown of the mathematics on that if you need any assistance. 

2 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

Yes that's him. My favourite Rotherham Owl ❤️

Strange you lot seem to hate us so much yet function by being led by one of us.

1 hour ago, AlanLee said:

So u think we spent 350m on players???