Chansiri - F-off

5 minutes ago, owl_83 said:

I wonder what the POTD prices will be if/when we are in League 1 next season. Personally wouldn’t pay more than £20. Can you imagine him trying to charge £33 to watch Forest Green beat us with ease?

The problem is, due to him throwing around multi year season ticket deals like confetti, he’s backed himself into a corner and can’t now reduce prices.

This will mean that hardly any fans buy tickets for individual matches, an empty away end and as I dare say there won’t be a huge uptake in new season ticket holders, the only people who will be attending matches will be those who’ve been forced to roll this years tickets into next.

Match day income will absolutely plummet.

It really does make you wonder how Dejphon Chansiri made his money with such sound business acumen.

Edited by TrickyTrev
  • Like 2

I am not sure that Chansiri has ever made any money.  I suspect it is tax planning and his Dad's inheritance that he has spent up.

4evaowl makes a really good point saying:

"DC really is fiddling while Rome burns, to HIS cost. I don’t get it."

I too just do not get it either.

SWFC will be worth £0.00 zero as a League One club and Chansiri has done so little to prevent it.

Maybe as a Championship club he could have sold for £20 million like the quoted figure for Ipswich Town now.

But in League One he won't even be able to give the club away.

6 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Not just him, I would literally like everyone gone. Completely start again with a whole new setup. I am sick of the likes of Bannan, Hutch, Lees etc now. 

I get what you’re saying and agree to an extent but a midfield pairing of Hutch and Bannan would be far better than Lines and Semedo who were good enough to get us promoted the last time we were in the third division.

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

The problem is, due to him throwing around multi year season ticket deals like confetti, he’s backed himself into a corner and can’t now reduce prices.

This will mean that hardly any fans buy tickets for individual matches, an empty away end and as I dare say there won’t be a huge uptake in new season ticket holders, the only people who will be attending matches will be those who’ve been forced to roll this years tickets into next.

Match day income will absolutely plummet.

It really does make you wonder how Dejphon Chansiri made his money with such sound business acumen.

This wasn't unforeseeable either. There were plenty of people who were around who warned against this nonsense. The problem is, if we have spent and wasted the 5 year season ticket money, it means we won't get any money from those fans for the next three or so years. It also means to get the same level of cash, you need to keep selling 5 year season tickets. Who in their right mind would want to buy a 5 year season ticket now? 

• Like 1

5 year season ticket beginning with 20/21 season for:

South stand £3,120 (£624 per season) (£27 per game)

Kop £2,195 (£439 per season) (£19 per game) 

So the absolute minimum he can charge for season tickets/POTD is those prices. Can anyone see us selling many tickets for league one football at this prices. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

They did not have anything to do with the purchase. It was the private funds of the Chansiri family. 

Given the sheer level of incompetence in the operating of SWFC it is hard to believe that professional and successful business people such DCs brother and father are involved in this caper. God knows where he has got the funds but I cannot believe that they would just have sat back and watched their own wealth frittered away.

Exclusive: Dejphon Chansiri on Sheffield Wednesday’s transfer dealings, Amadeu Paixao and Doyen Sports

this article was printed in March last year so not entirely up to date. But might fill a few blanks for people who have not read it.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-owner-dejphon-chansiri-17954113

======================================================================================================

It all comes down to who you believe and whether Chansiri is telling the truth or hiding behind a smoke screen and half truths.

Remember we are dealing with a narcisstic control freak who was born into wealth and considers those less fortunate beneath him.

If questions are asked of him, he just says people are unprofessional and should show him more respect. Typical narcisstic behaviour.

TIME HE WAS GONE FROM OUR CLUB 

• Like 1

For those unable to copy and paste the URL above, here is the article in full.

=============================================================================================

Exclusive: Dejphon Chansiri on Sheffield Wednesday’s transfer dealings, Amadeu Paixao and Doyen Sports
Sheffield Wednesday Chairman offers unprecedented insight into the transfer dealings at Hillsborough

In the second part of our exclusive interview with Sheffield Wednesday owner Dejphon Chansiri we discuss recruitment, transfer dealings and much
more.

Much has been spoken and written about Wednesday’s transfer business since the 2016 Championship Play-Off Final. Can you explain the recruitment
process at the club?

I have answered this question many times, at forums, in Steering Groups, on our official website, in meetings with fans and journalists. Actually, I
expect journalists to be more professional and do their jobs correctly when they are given information.

It is not professional if they say things as facts when they do not know the truth or already have an agenda. If they don’t believe me then believe
my people when situations are explained to them.

It is not fair as journalists can try and influence all the time but clubs cannot answer all the time. This is why I am giving this interview to you,
we have a good relationship built on trust.

I am happy to answer this question, no problem, but it depends who wants to believe the answer. If people are not going to believe what I say then
there is no point in me answering the questions.

So we have our recruitment department with the manager at the centre and we have used the majority of the same team since the beginning, and it is
now stronger and wider with contacts all over the world. The team has grown and improved, with key additions introduced. We have an extensive network
of scouts and I have advisers too. 

In Germany for example our team scouted Julian Borner for around eight games before we signed him last summer. Of course, we have always had an
internal recruitment department that I believe is now the best it has been with contacts, experience and knowledge domestically and internationally.

All potential transfer targets are identified by the manager, his team and the recruitment department. They assess and analyse the players. It is the
responsibility of the manager and the recruitment team to present players that the manager believes will improve our squad. 

The voice of the manager is the loudest and he has the final say on which players he wishes to recruit. This is then presented to me and as chairman
I will make the final decision as it is my responsibility to write the cheque. This is the normal process in football. This is the same as many clubs
worldwide.

Do you accept the club have made mistakes with recruitment since Wembley?

It depends what you mean by mistakes. You can only recruit who the manager wishes to recruit. Recruitment has not been perfect with hindsight but it
rarely is at any club. We all want the players to be the best but there are no guarantees in football.

If you look at the biggest clubs in the world, every transfer does not turn out to be the best transfer. 

We have done the correct diligence on every player we have signed and will sign in the future. Some players have been more successful than others and
if a particular player has not done well then he will be seen as a mistake, I understand that. But it is impossible for every signing to be perfect.

Did you sign too many players after Wembley?

We signed some players to improve the first team immediately and some we signed to be squad players. Sometimes you manage to sign your first choice,
then if not you move to your second choice and so on. 

We always want the best we can get - with pace, power, experience - but so does everyone else and we are a Championship club, the best players want
to go to the Premier League.

It was harder after Wembley because we needed so much improvement from the first summer.

We have a policy of making sure we have at least two players for every position and of course they cannot all play. Some we signed for the first team
and others who are second choice but with the potential and ability to come into the team when required.

Do you think you got the right balance with your recruitment?

It is not always easy to get the right balance between experience and younger players with the ambition you have because with the experienced players
you normally have a better chance of success while the younger players are learning but may have more value in the future.

So yes, we recruited more experience but at that time, I believe our fans were very happy with the majority of the players we signed. You can only
try your best but every club, from the Premier League and all the way down, will make signings that do not reach the levels anticipated. This is
football and hindsight is the easiest way to look.

It is the same in business, you recruit who you think is the best person for the job at that time based on experience, ability and potential.
Sometimes it works out, sometimes it does not. With football and the players, everything is played out in public and everyone has an opinion, which
is fine.

You have said you still use the same recruitment team. Why have you not changed it?

The recruitment team has expanded and evolved over the five years I have been here. We have the foundations in place but you must always build. And
of course that team will change based on the decisions and identity of the manager. Every manager will have different contacts, different opinions
and ultimately different players he wishes to recruit.

Our team is there to support, it will constantly evolve but will always be there to help the manager, who as I say makes the final decision on who he
wishes to bring into the team or the squad.

You have had offers for Keiren Westwood, Fernando Forestieri and Jordan Rhodes in the past. Why have the club not sold more players to help balance
the books?

Managers and chairmen always have difficult decisions to make on trading players. But first and foremost there must be genuine and concrete offers
for players before any transfer can proceed. Then all parties involved have to be satisfied. 

The message I would give to our fans is please do not believe what you read in the media and on social media, especially from people who have no
qualification to be writing or saying the things they do. 

My people told me that it is said we stockpile players and do not let them go. That I keep them here because they are like family. Why would I do
either of those things as chairman of a football club? I have never done that or said that. I have said we are a family club but never that the
players are like family.

If we ever receive an offer for any player it is given the correct consideration and we make a decision. 

So with Keiren Westwood we received an offer in 2017 but at that time he was in the best form of his career and many of our fans said he was the best
goalkeeper in the Championship and could be in the Premier League. 

Carlos did not wish to sell him and we would have had to spend a few million pounds more than we were offered to bring in a goalkeeper at least as
good as him. So what would be the point? We would actually have been in a worse position. 

Since then we have had only one offer for a permanent transfer 12 months later and the fee offered was over 50% less than the first one. We then had
one loan offer but it was very low, with no loan fee at all and a low contribution to his wages.

But what about Forestieri and Rhodes?

My people have told me rumours that we have rejected offers on other players because we are demanding huge transfer fees or loan fees but I can tell
you this is not true at all. Norwich wanted to take Jordan Rhodes last summer but only on a free transfer.

This made no sense to us and would actually cause us more problems with FFP as we would have to pay all the outstanding balance on his transfer from
Middlesbrough. So it was better for Jordan to stay here and try to make his way into the team and score some goals.

When he went to Norwich the previous year on loan, we wanted the deal to include a clause for them to buy in a similar way when we bought Jordan from
Middlesbrough.

This kind of deal is normal. But they did not want this option. Norwich did not even talk about buying Jordan, only a loan, but their sporting
director in a later interview was saying many things that were not true, things that were negative to me and damaging to our club. 

This year in January, another club offered a very low package, it was a deal that made no sense for us. My people also told me Celtic had supposedly
made an offer but we demanded a very big loan fee that stopped the deal. Again, this is not true, there was no official approach or offer at all.

If the deal is right for all parties we can move but if not we cannot, it is that simple. 

With Fernando we did receive an offer but if we had sold him then I believe most of our fans would not be happy, same as Keiren Westwood, they would
say we are a selling club and selling our best players. 

We received a low offer for Fernando, then a player exchange and then the offer was higher. But with FFP becoming an issue, we could have been in a
situation where we could not buy a replacement. Carlos did not want to sell Fernando and the transfer fee would have had to cover FFP, which it did
not.

Can you explain what Amadeu Paixao’s role is at the football club?

He is my personal adviser and part of our recruitment committee. Amadeu is a valuable resource for myself and our club has been in football for a
long time, 25 years, and has a lot of experience and many, many contacts.

Of course, my people have told me about some criticism he has received and this is not fair because these things are not true. 

Does he have the authority to bring players to the club? No, he recommends them as part of our recruitment team. Coaches like to talk to Amadeu for
his opinions and to draw on his experience, he is a consultant and part of the team at our club. 

Does he make any decisions at the club?

No. He is a cog in a very large wheel. Does he have the final say on anything? Of course not.

Normally I do not name individual players and how we recruited them but to be fair to Amadeu, he recommended Fernando, Barry Bannan, Lucas Joao and
more recently Dominic Iorfa, who I am sure everyone agrees has the potential to go a long way in football. I can also tell you that if it was not for
Amadeu, Fernando may well have gone to another club when he left Watford.

Can you also clear up what arrangement the club has with Doyen Sports?

I used Doyen in an advisory capacity when I first bought our club and they were helpful to me. Amadeu Paixao was a consultant at Doyen because I did
not know a lot about the football business but it is now five years later and I have learned a lot about every part of football. Amadeu came with me
as my personal adviser and club consultant, he has been a big person for me.

I can tell you that Doyen or their new company have no involvement in our club at all and Doyen have not been involved for some time. 

Doyen have never held an interest in a single Sheffield Wednesday player or held any investment in the club. There is no contract with Doyen, there
is no payment owed if we get promoted, nothing. 

Amadeu has no business with them either, he has never taken our players to Doyen. I hope this will finally draw a line beneath this subject.

===============================================================================================================================================

21 hours ago, j17tjp said:

Really wish we took Mccarthy when he was available. 

"Took"? Can't imagine he'd want to risk his reputation, after what Chansiri did to Pulis! Not just publicly talking trash about him, but by making it clear that the club had no interest in providing him (nor anyone else) the tools necessary to get a job done