Tony Pulis on Liam Shaw

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

His agent is irrelevant

No agent could have done away with Shaw if he'd been tied down with a contract

It's a  fair question, I think. The one valid defence for DC us if he's been trying to tie down Shaw and Urhoghide for the last 12 months and they've rejected a decent contract offer. I'd be verrrry surprised if that's the case.

1 minute ago, Dooogs said:

It's a  fair question, I think. The one valid defence for DC us if he's been trying to tie down Shaw and Urhoghide for the last 12 months and they've rejected a decent contract offer. I'd be verrrry surprised if that's the case.

If DC has been trying to tie players down for the last 12 months and they're not interested then that speaks volumes about the club, it's ambition, it's overall management and it's predicament

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If DC has been trying to tie players down for the last 12 months and they're not interested then that speaks volumes about the club, it's ambition, it's overall management and it's predicament

It does - and if that's the case (that they were offered contracts earlier) then I suspect we would have heard from DC already....

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It literally doesn't matter though does it

Agents can't nick players and steal em away if they're under contract

I never said  nick players, but they can tout players around  to get the best deals. They advise their clients and obviously want the best deal that gives them the best return. We dont know if he was advised to turn down the contract or what the contract was. 

10 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

I never said  nick players, but they can tout players around  to get the best deals. They advise their clients and obviously want the best deal that gives them the best return. We dont know if he was advised to turn down the contract or what the contract was. 

My point is he should have already been under at /in a contract

Owlstalk Shop

fair play to shaw ,he wasnt going to sign some  derisory  offer from the club and backed himself to get a better deal elsewhere and it seems he as ......would be interesting to see how the agents who have concocted the deal divi up who gets a cut though i suspect we'll never know . 

11 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Somehow managed to blame Pulis for this? 

Perhaps our chairman shouldn’t have tried to ruin his reputation in public.

Come on Sal. I normally enjoy your posts but this is misleading. No ones blaming Pulis. Just pointing out what a self serving, opportunistic dinosaur he is. Perhaps if he’d spent more time coaching the team and less time on the phone, our results might’ve been better. Although, given his negative, one-dimensional approach, perhaps not 

16 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Come on Sal. I normally enjoy your posts but this is misleading. No ones blaming Pulis. Just pointing out what a self serving, opportunistic dinosaur he is. Perhaps if he’d spent more time coaching the team and less time on the phone, our results might’ve been better. Although, given his negative, one-dimensional approach, perhaps not 

But it’s a fantastic way of getting your own back on a man who sacked you after 10 games and then proceeded to pull you apart in a no holds barred media briefing where he didn’t have the opportunity to defend himself?

I don’t know for sure that Pulis told Celtic to sign Shaw. But given who there head of scouting is and who our assistant manager under Pulis was - it’s really plausible. Chansiri left us wide open to that if it’s the case.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, owlsruleok said:

True and they are ranked the same big fish in little ponds.

Last time I looked Celtic averaged 57,000 at home and Rangers 49,000.

If they were in the Premier they could sell ungodly amounts ( both grounds have expansion plans ) of tickets and be Champion League contenders every year.

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

But it’s a fantastic way of getting your own back on a man who sacked you after 10 games and then proceeded to pull you apart in a no holds barred media briefing where he didn’t have the opportunity to defend himself?

I don’t know for sure that Pulis told Celtic to sign Shaw. But given who there head of scouting is and who our assistant manager under Pulis was - it’s really plausible. Chansiri left us wide open to that if it’s the case.

Pulis was sacked yes, but if rumours were true he had handed in his notice beforehand! 

Pulis has taken the ******** out of us all along 

DC was naive some would say stupid for the decisions he’s made 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Not seen if already posted .. but has TP got any connections to Lennon? 

Wouldn't surprise me if he gave him the nudge to go and sign him to spite DC. 

Wouldn't blame him

Doubt it but the pig Trusson has.