Tony Pulis on Liam Shaw

"Liam is a terrific signing for Celtic and Lenny’s (Neil Lennon) done a good job in finding him and taking him to Scotland because lots of people were ringing me up and asking about him. 

“I had a Premier League club ring me up to ask about him and I gave them the same answer as I gave everyone else – that he’s a very good player with tremendous potential – so I’d definitely say they’ve pulled off a good signing.

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"Liam is a terrific signing for Celtic and Lenny’s (Neil Lennon) done a good job in finding him and taking him to Scotland because lots of people were ringing me up and asking about him. 

“I had a Premier League club ring me up to ask about him and I gave them the same answer as I gave everyone else – that he’s a very good player with tremendous potential – so I’d definitely say they’ve pulled off a good signing.

Another nail.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

Premier League clubs but ended up in Scotland?

Unless the Premier League club was United he’s been badly advised (or its made up)

don't celtic have less compo to pay (the £300k) so they can probably offer him higher wages and signing on fee, plus a route to winning things and looking good in a poor league is better than being sat on the bench of a premier league team and being loaned out, like hirst.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Just now, 0742 said:

don't celtic have less compo to pay (the £300k) so they can probably offer him higher wages and signing on fee, plus a route to winning things and looking good in a poor league is better than being sat on the bench of a premier league team and being loaned out, like hirst.

I wouldn’t entertain it mate. The poster seems to think Celtic play in the Meadowhall League

lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Arootatat said:

What a great man pulis is ?

Crap manager for us and then stripping us of our assets if paxo was the man who touted for him get rid as what good advice to sign pulis.

Makes my ******** boil the whole situation 

Somehow managed to blame Pulis for this? 

Perhaps our chairman shouldn’t have tried to ruin his reputation in public.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Arootatat said:

What a great man pulis is ?

Crap manager for us and then stripping us of our assets if paxo was the man who touted for him get rid as what good advice to sign pulis.

Makes my ******** boil the whole situation 

Pulis had more belief in Shaw than Monk, he saw potential. Glen Loovens in the scottish sun also thinks it is a steal for Celtic.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I wouldn’t entertain it mate. The poster seems to think Celtic play in the Meadowhall League

lol

So we all agree the Scottish league is a better move than the Premier League. Ok

Looks as if Uniteds young’uns missed a trick. 

lol

• Like 1

It’s a depressing state of affairs that’s for sure. 
The only person I am struggling to blame is the player himself. 
Im a Wednesday fan as is my son. If he was in Liam Shaw’s position I’m not sure I could hand on heart recommend he stays at Hillsborough. 
A modest pay rise and a two year deal nine months ago would surely have prevented this situation?

Nice of Pulis to stick the boot in as well. Cheers Tony!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Premier League clubs but ended up in Scotland?

Unless the Premier League club was United he’s been badly advised (or its made up)

Regardless of Scotland, Celtic or Rangers are huge clubs pal...it might be the Scottish league but as a youngster it's a wonderful move for him.

Another chance to shine and he could end up in the PL with Man City, Liverpool etc.

• Like 1