Tony Pulis on Liam Shaw

6 minutes ago, English Man said:

He has a chance of european football. Most prem clubs can't offer this. I'd say from us to Celtic then possibly prem is a much better road map for him. 

Nonsense. 
He will get more game time (or he should do) but look at the standard by of players he’ll be up against. Sign for a Premier League team and the standard even in training will be 10 x better. No one can convince me that wouldn’t improve his game more than turning out against Livingston and Kilmarnock. 
I’ve said time and time again that I don’t blame him for leaving this f**king mess of a club but let’s not pretend this is the best move especially if Premier League clubs were showing an interest. If it was the only offer on the table (in February) then fair enough. 

Just now, kobayashi said:

The stupidity of the Hirst situation was that having decided not to offer him the contract he was looking for - possibly correctly - they then knocked back an offer of £2m.

Sign him up...fine,

Sell him...fine

Do neither...f00kin stupid

Exactly.

To think of how much money we've misses out on due to a complete inability to recognise when to sell or not.

At this level, you've got to know when to move players on.

I see clubs like Bristol City, Brentford getting 20 + million pounds for players and then there is us.

We've made decent money on Joao and that's it. Everyone else has left on a free or for a minuscule fee.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I mean, if the manager isn't deciding who stays and goes, then what chance a you coach being listened to?

We can stop any talk about healthy club, long term planing or chairman who knows what he is doing. This one line says a lot and shows where big part of the problem is.

4 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

Ayup Big D.

Perhaps said PL clubs didn't take a punt and approach him??

Yeah possibly. It is only the middle of February though. There was plenty of time for him to catch the eyes of the Premier League big boys. 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Exactly.

To think of how much money we've misses out on due to a complete inability to recognise when to sell or not.

At this level, you've got to know when to move players on.

I see clubs like Bristol City, Brentford getting 20 + million pounds for players and then there is us.

We've made decent money on Joao and that's it. Everyone else has left on a free or for a minuscule fee.

Brentford made more money selling a single player than we have in the last 20 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just out of intersest how many times did Pulis play Shaw ahead of Joey? We've had the new Gazza in the the reserves all this time and we've persisted with Joey!

Dc deserves all the critism he's getting but how many managers have missed him? Of all the youngters I have seen mentioned on here in the last 18 months Liam wasn't mentioned that much recently.

8 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Yeah possibly. It is only the middle of February though. There was plenty of time for him to catch the eyes of the Premier League big boys. 

You have some delusional about Celtic. They may not have the finances to complete with the premier league anymore but Celtic are a big club.

The first club from the U.K. to win the European Cup and in the 2019/20 season the only clubs in the U.K. with a higher average attendance than Celtic were Manchester United, Arsenal, West Ham and Spurs

2 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

You have some delusional about Celtic. They may not have the finances to complete with the premier league anymore but Celtic are a big club.

The first club from the U.K. to win the European Cup and in the 2019/20 season the only clubs in the U.K. with a higher average attendance than Celtic were Manchester United, Arsenal, West Ham and Spurs

I agree they’re a massive club. But they play in a tinpot league and against poor teams. 

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Oh, and training with the the Premier League under 23s will in no way be better for his development than playing in the Celtic first team.

He won’t be playing for celtics first team...he his being signed for the development team...he will spend the next couple of years getting farmed out to east fife..Dunfermline..Forfar etc...imo

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Makes you wonder why all the top young players don’t head for Scotland then. 

Because the ‘top’ young players get snaffled by the top English clubs..Liam shaw has not attracted any interest from any English clubs...

3 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

He won’t be playing for celtics first team...he his being signed for the development team...he will spend the next couple of years getting farmed out to east fife..Dunfermline..Forfar etc...imo

Indeed.

He might end up playing for Staveley Miners Welfare.

That's not the big issue.

The issue is his stocks high at the minute and we've missed out on some decent revenue for him.

• Like 4