Tony Pulis on Liam Shaw

Just now, BIG D said:

They would be huge clubs down here no doubt about that 

They would immediately fit in at a lower pre/champ level down here (yes I know good results in Europe but over 38 games I think it'd be hard for them right now), but absolutely rest assured if they ever got/stayed up in the Prem and the money came in from TV....they'd be top 6 clubs long term no doubt about it. 

Absolutely huge followings and clubs with really the Scottish leagues standard/tv £ holding them back. 

Reckon thats why our top clubs wouldnt want them anywhere near joining the prem, because theyd absolutely challenge the top lot years down the line (IMO)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, English Man said:

Why wasnt this noticed by someone im the youth set up? Don't understand. Are we that unprofessional? 

Do they get a say in anything to do with who stays and goes though?

"Im not involved in that. Im told Barry and Reachy have been offered new contracts… That’s something that the chairman and the people at this football club have decided"

Tony Pulis

I mean, if the manager isn't deciding who stays and goes, then what chance a you coach being listened to?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BIG D said:

They would be huge clubs down here no doubt about that 

They are still a huge club though.

I appreciate the SPL is somewhat lacking, but Celtic and Rangers are at that football institution type level.

He will be going to a huge club where the expectation is you pretty much win every game. More often than not, a draw is unacceptable to those two.

If he can make the breakthrough there then he could set himself up for quite the career.

If we were pushing for promotion then I'd be much more disappointed. As it is, we are scrapping to stop up and run by a fruit loop. I really can't blame the kid for deciding to move on.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How do you mean?

You mean someone in the youth set up should have endorsed Shaw for a first team place?

Or that Liam Shaw's contract was running out?

You would have though someone in the youth team set up would have noticed his potential and maybe proposed the offer of another contract to someone higher up to tie him down/make more money. Maybe they did and Chansiri ignored I dunno. 

Whatever has happened it's a complete f@#&ing shambles........ again ☹️

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SwellOwl said:

The final verdict really, if we had our house in order, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Yep.

We've got half the first team squad out of contract in the summer.

On Tuesday, nine out of the starting XI can leave in the summer. One already has and I bet you they'll be others with moves lined up.

We are counting on lads who may well not be here next season to stop up. What could possibly go wrong? 

1 minute ago, prowl said:

Pulis gets his revenge on Sheffield Wednesday, Chansiri and the fans. Then gloats about it.

DC gobs off about Pulis, Pulis keeps quiet and sticks it to DC and the club.

Liam Shaw is just the pawn.

Yeah, he's proper done us in.

It's almost like he knows the industry like the back of his hand and he knows a sucker (Chansiri) when he sees one.

Crap manager though.

31 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Agree 100%, 

If we had given Hirst 10k ( conservative estimate) a week and a 3 year contract. That would have been 1.5 million wasted on potential. 
The same could have happened with Shaw. Has potential but barely played a dozen games for a struggling championship club. It would have been better to keep him but if bigger clubs offer more then so be it. Don’t get the meltdown over a 19 year old with potential. 

The stupidity of the Hirst situation was that having decided not to offer him the contract he was looking for - possibly correctly - they then knocked back an offer of £2m.

Sign him up...fine,

Sell him...fine

Do neither...f00kin stupid

• Like 2