Tony Pulis on Liam Shaw

We’ve now moved on from saying that Celtic were the only interested party and Premier League clubs won’t pay the projected compensation to now trying to say that it’s the best move anyway even though there was likely interest from Premier League clubs.
One things sure,  no one outside of a few people at the club knows anything. We don’t know if we made him an offer, if we did then we don’t know how much/long it was for. Apart from the fact we’ve messed up yet again It’s all guesswork. 

26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Some proper odd comments in this thread

LIke really really bitter, sad, twisted, jealous jilted lover stuff

I'll be honest, I'm still struggling to get my head around the Sheffield Wednesday to Glasgow Celtic isn't a good move group of posters

before i even begin to start trying to work out the disloyal, hes a traitor, he's ruined his career, its Pulis's fault groups 

lol

2 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Because the ‘top’ young players get snaffled by the top English clubs..Liam shaw has not attracted any interest from any English clubs...

Top English clubs do snaffle up players but the reason Liam Shaw has not been ‘snaffled up’ is SWFC past managers/coaches refused to play him AND on a regular basis like most of our talent. They may play one or two for a couple of games then drop them - most never to be seen for months on end.

Meaning they don’t have confidence in them unlike other teams persisting with youth, some fans may say we can’t afford to try them out in our position but we loan young talent from other clubs ??

1 hour ago, PARKOWL said:

I'll be honest, I'm still struggling to get my head around the Sheffield Wednesday to Glasgow Celtic isn't a good move group of posters

before i even begin to start trying to work out the disloyal, hes a traitor, he's ruined his career, its Pulis's fault groups 

lol

have to agree sadly, a great move. this is down to those upstairs not sorting the deal. Pulis put him immediately in and we were all surprised why

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Pulis stirring it because of way he was treat by this club and Chansiri

Any wonder he went of flogging one of our best youth players 

Literally every time someone posts about someone stirring something it’s 100% always absolutely definitely totally wrong 

Posting someone is ‘stirring it’ has always turned out to be ‘someone has said something about our club/a player that’s correct’

Owlstalk Shop

Did Pulis ever actually see his future at Wednesday or did he want out as soon as he signed his contract? 

If he thought he'd be here a while then why not, when he says he could clearly see Shaw's potential, sign him onto a longer term contract then or at least try to? 

On the other hand, if Pulis wasn't bothered about being at Wednesday, then probably didn't care enough about anything after this season so didn't try and extend his contract. 

Either way, bit like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted int it. We've got a player that everyone at the club thought was good enough, but nobody at the club did anything until it was too late and his head was already turned. 

2 minutes ago, Sambo89 said:

Did Pulis ever actually see his future at Wednesday or did he want out as soon as he signed his contract? 

If he thought he'd be here a while then why not, when he says he could clearly see Shaw's potential, sign him onto a longer term contract then or at least try to? 

On the other hand, if Pulis wasn't bothered about being at Wednesday, then probably didn't care enough about anything after this season so didn't try and extend his contract. 

Either way, bit like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted int it. We've got a player that everyone at the club thought was good enough, but nobody at the club did anything until it was too late and his head was already turned. 

Pulis was here about 8 minutes

lol

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, Sambo89 said:

Pulis ... when he says he could clearly see Shaw's potential, sign him onto a longer term contract then or at least try to? 

"Im not involved in that. Im told Barry and Reachy have been offered new contracts… That’s something that the chairman and the people at this football club have decided"

Tony Pulis

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Cameron Dawson was approached by Celtic a year or so ago

Dawson was our number one choice goalkeeper at the time

He could have took the offer up and gone to Celtic easily

Instead he signed a new contract with Chansiri

Chansiri then fired the managers and Dawson is now third choice, stuck in a dead end job in a dead end situation

And Liam Shaw will have seen all that unfold first hand

Cameron Dawson is 3rd choice because he isn't good enough. He could have gone to Celtic and not been good enough up there I suppose.