BREAKING : Chansiri rejects offer to buy club

1 minute ago, prowl said:

£25-£30M is probably what it's worth. DC wants considerably more, he won't get it. Unlikely the first offer is the final offer if it is a serious attempt to buy DC out.

I'm not sure I'd be keen for the club to be owned by anything connected to Alonso but I don't really know much about him. It's just that he comes across as a Walter Mitty type, a fantasist., maybe he is the real deal.

Most of the outfits wanting to buy clubs seem to have something a bit disreputable about them, an odour. Maybe that's me being old fashioned I suppose. Whatever you say about DC and I've said plenty, I don't think you can say he's an out and out rogue like some owners.

Even if this offer is a fantasy it puts us into play. Anyone seriously wanting to buy a club now knows there is a possibility we are for sale. It could tempt someone else to put a proposal forward.

Watch this space I suppose. If someone could knock up an estate agents 'For Sale ' board and stick it up outside the ground it would be bound to get into the papers. What a jolly jape that would be.lol

Oh my word that would be amazing 

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, Quist said:

A strange wind is blowing at Wednesday at the moment. 

Too many odd things occurring. What has anybody to gain from this story. Another chapter or two will surely follow.

Nixon not well in with Alonso was unhappy as his normal source of info Paixao was not in loop on everything so did not know what was happening. Therefore think he will have no idea what Alonso is up to.

Value of club? Would it include ground and debt on ground. What debts are owed DC likes to pay on never plus all Season Ticket money owed. If does not include ground but does include liabilities £30 million would be expensive.

Trumpers on the kop?

1 minute ago, H2Owl said:

A relatively sensible business person won't touch this operation.

It'll be the next lot of leeches ready to strip the club for what they can after Chansiri.

They would be disappointed then. We don't have any assets left. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

So basically’careful what you wish for’?

Absolutely - I was schooled 10 years ago not to believe what people said they were, who they knew, what funds they purported to have 

The actions of DC over the last 6 years were also not someone who had a bottomless pit of money either.

As I say my profession makes me fairly cynical at the best of times of folk who are all mouth and no evidence of trousers 

Just now, mkowl said:

Absolutely - I was schooled 10 years ago not to believe what people said they were, who they knew, what funds they purported to have 

The actions of DC over the last 6 years were also not someone who had a bottomless pit of money either.

As I say my profession makes me fairly cynical at the best of times of folk who are all mouth and no evidence of trousers 

Yeah that’s fair 

And wise 👍

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh my word that would be amazing 

lol

Do we know anybody with a history of putting signs up at the ground?? 😇