Reachy and bazza..how will they be looked backed on??

Guest Therealrealist

2 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

Maybe it goes higher up than the Manager?

It's down to simple tactics,no conspiracy. 

He's never going to win a header in the box, so pointless being in the box. 

His shooting is 9 times out of 10 erratic and wayward, so pointless having him on the edge of the 18 yrad line. 

Defencivly he's not strong enough to hold the ball up  or quick enough if the opposition clear it. 

His delivery is good in open play, so having him doing anything else other than taking the set piece you may as well have 10 men on the pitch. 

If you remember depending who was on the pitch when we had Wallace, Nando and bazza the set pieces where taken by one of those three. 

Is it a coincidence that they where all the smallest guys on the pitch??. 

Hence why I'd say its tactical as they offered less of a threat when the ball came into the box. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

It's down to simple tactics,no conspiracy. 

He's never going to win a header in the box, so pointless being in the box. 

His shooting is 9 times out of 10 erratic and wayward, so pointless having him on the edge of the 18 yrad line. 

Defencivly he's not strong enough to hold the ball up  or quick enough if the opposition clear it. 

His delivery is good in open play, so having him doing anything else other than taking the set piece you may as well have 10 men on the pitch. 

If you remember depending who was on the pitch when we had Wallace, Nando and bazza the set pieces where taken by one of those three. 

Is it a coincidence that they where all the smallest guys on the pitch??. 

Hence why I'd say its tactical as they offered less of a threat when the ball came into the box. 

Wow

2 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I wouldn't dream of giving him flack for it, but between you and me, my son at 13 years old is already better than Bannan at free kicks, shooting and corners and even though he is not a professional player he knows never to lean back like Bannan does, because that is the way he was taught how to shoot. You do not read loads of stories about how long Bannan practises them for, but I have read a quote from him saying that his shooting technique consists of closing his eyes and hitting the ball as hard as he can! I would personally rather see Penney, or Reach having a go every now and then. reach took a few in a cup game that were on target and difficult for the goalie to save. A bit more practice and he could be adding direct free kick goals to his list of screamers.

1) The issue lies with whoever makes Bannan take them

2) You don’t for a moment... for one second... consider Bannan was being light hearted with the eyes closed comment?

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Clearly doesn’t fit your bitter and twisted hate festival towards our wee man

So you agree that Bannan takes corners cos he’s rubbish at everything else.?

And I actually quite like Bazza, just think he’s extremely over rated on here.

good players the pair of them but turned out not to be good signings ......what they cost? circa 12 million quid  maybe....they leave us in a worse position than when they arrived (not there fault) and we'll not get a penny return on the investment . 

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

good players the pair of them but turned out not to be good signings ......what they cost? circa 12 million quid  maybe....they leave us in a worse position than when they arrived (not there fault) and we'll not get a penny return on the investment . 

That’s not their fault 

We could have sold both at big profit a couple of years back 

Owlstalk Shop

24 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Me neither 

Good

Now we are together on a quest for righteousness 

Glad you’ve stopped on the Bannan hate - it was getting a little worrying at one point 

I half expected you to get nicked for rummaging through his bins and standing in his garden looking up at his toilet window

Let’s put all this behind us and I look forward to seeing you wearing your home shirt with Bannan on the back 👍

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Good

Now we are together on a quest for righteousness 

Glad you’ve stopped on the Bannan hate - it was getting a little worrying at one point 

I half expected you to get nicked for rummaging through his bins and standing in his garden looking up at his toilet window

Let’s put all this behind us and I look forward to seeing you wearing your home shirt with Bannan on the back 👍

Missed the point as usual.

On 06/02/2021 at 19:08, Derick Mills said:

Well I'd say Reach is probably one of the weakest players I have seen in a wednesday shirt, and Bannan is ok as long as it's not raining ( doesn't like his hair getting wet lol

And yet one of the mentally strongest players of the past five years. 

• Love 1

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

1) The issue lies with whoever makes Bannan take them

2) You don’t for a moment... for one second... consider Bannan was being light hearted with the eyes closed comment?

lol

1) Now now, we all play devil's advocate on here and they were Bannan's very own words, but yes, I am sure you are right, he is not eloquent enough to put into words what he does and feels for, when he takes a free kick and he certainly does it more naturally in open play.

2) You don't for a moment...for one second...consider that somebody makes bannan take them...do you?

lol

Both will be remembered as talented players in an average squad which ultimately presided over years of disappointment.  Years which started well but slid into perhaps the worst and most embarrassing in the clubs history. They are not responsible for financial mismanagement but it ultimately taints anything on the pitch.  

P.s. I don't give a shirt that Reach can't tackle, he's still one of first names on team sheet for me (when played on wing that is).

• Like 1

On 08/02/2021 at 22:05, torryowl said:

Bannan was brought in on a free.