There's a point when everyone finally agrees.

5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

You are implying Chansiri is the only one making the decisions at Hillsbro. 

It does make you think whether Paxo and Chansiri are really that thick skinned, or really that stupid. 

What's in it for them? Despised by probably the majority of fans, no income, wasting their own money one hiding in Thailand the other lurking in the shadows.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bagarri said:

Wonder how much tickets will be in League 1!? 

That would depend on whether:

a) Fans want to have a pricing structure that reflects the club's aim and ambition of promotion

or

b) Fans want to have lower ticket prices which will have the consequences of less investment in the playing squad.

Just now, striker said:

It does make you think whether Paxo and Chansiri are really that thick skinned, or really that stupid. 

What's in it for them? Despised by probably the majority of fans, no income, wasting their own money one hiding in Thailand the other lurking in the shadows.

After years spent digging Into how a certain "advisor" and his associates have operated at clubs in other countries they have been "involved" with, Wednesday are following a very similar path. It hasn't ended well at any of these clubs. 

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

After years spent digging Into how a certain "advisor" and his associates have operated at clubs in other countries they have been "involved" with, Wednesday are following a very similar path. It hasn't ended well at any of these clubs. 

I can't work out why journalists aren't investigating this, or at very least informing the fan base.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Have you written this up on another thread?

Guest LondonOwl313
6 hours ago, mkowl said:

Whilst I grasp the sentiment the irony of "sack the board" chants always made me smile. You are asking those that own the club, that have the voting power to pass a resolution as shareholders, to sack themselves from an Executive day to day running role.

They will go on their terms and when they,and if, they want. 

As I was chatting with someone the other day, Mr C actually thinks the club is worth the money put in to date.

It isn't

If we actually got promoted and stayed there he would probably get £150m for it when you look at what the likes of Burnley have been sold for.

And there in lies the problem. He doesn’t want to walk away because there’s still a chance he can get back his money. But he’s unable/unwilling to invest more to facilitate that so has his head in the sand on how far away we are from achieving it

6 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Chansiri doesn't need necessarily to go, if he does the right thing.

He needs to get rid of the advisers, bring in a DOF, and bring in a manager who can manage.

The manager needs to pick what players he wants so he can build a cohesive team.

And if Chansiri has advisers, then they need to be impartial and not linked with agents.

If he does those things, then we'll move forward.

He won't do those things though will he? That's the problem. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

If we actually got promoted and stayed there he would probably get £150m for it when you look at what the likes of Burnley have been sold for.

And there in lies the problem. He doesn’t want to walk away because there’s still a chance he can get back his money. But he’s unable/unwilling to invest more to facilitate that so has his head in the sand on how far away we are from achieving it

The business model he's following is completely devaluing his asset and investment to date - if indeed it is his.

• He doesn't own the ground,
  • He doesn't own the assets at the training ground,
  • The revenue has and will continue to fall to further unsustainable levels.
  • His only assets of any value are some of the players - he then leaves the valuable ones' contracts to expire with no re-sale value,
  • He has no sponsors other than himself or others who don't really exist,
  • He appeared to be either incompetent or unwilling to stave off the FFP points reduction and fails to invest into ensuring the 6-point reduction doesn't send us down. We're that bad, it's likely we could be relegated with more than 6 points gap.

It's almost as though he's doing this on purpose. Or someone has thought, 'how do we loss some money', and put DC up as a 'harmless' patsy. The situation couldn't have been more badly manage if we'd tried. Essentially nothing has good right, and that can't be a coincidence.

• Love 2

9 minutes ago, English Man said:

I still can't believe that people were not more angry about us losing our ground/land. That's always been our greatest asset and now it's gone. 

Chansiri is clearly not the only man in charge. Something is very wrong and I worry for us. 

My hunch is that Chansiri is some kind of front man. It's significant that he has no clear and detailed provenance apart from a vague link to a large food company run by a family with the same name. That may mean he has no proven reserves and was given a budget be has no powers to increase. Another hunch - he's trying to sell. And another - the failure to file accounts raises the legitimate suspicion that there is something to conceal.

It's pointless berating journalists for failing to expose or explain the utterly baffling inertia and apparent incompetence. I might add that I find speculation on social media almost as irritating and demoralising. Who is the reliable source these reporters can contact? Only Chansiri. The club is under absolutist control.

As Donald Rumsfeld would say, any accurate assessment of the state of affairs is inhibited by known unknowns. It must be difficult operating from thousands of miles and seven hours away but that's no excuse for his inscrutable behaviour and the contempt for supporters - and customers. He's his own worst enemy and has, in my opinion, made it virtually impossible to regain the respect he originally enjoyed. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, Drones club said:

My hunch is that Chansiri is some kind of front man. It's significant that he has no clear and detailed provenance apart from a vague link to a large food company run by a family with the same name. That may mean he has no proven reserves and was given a budget be has no powers to increase. Another hunch - he's trying to sell. And another - the failure to file accounts raises the legitimate suspicion that there is something to conceal.

It's pointless berating journalists for failing to expose or explain the utterly baffling inertia and apparent incompetence. I might add that I find speculation on social media almost as irritating and demoralising. Who is the reliable source these reporters can contact? Only Chansiri. The club is under absolutist control.

As Donald Rumsfeld would say, any accurate assessment of the state of affairs is inhibited by known unknowns. It must be difficult operating from thousands of miles and seven hours away but that's no excuse for his inscrutable behaviour and the contempt for supporters - and customers. He's his own worst enemy and has, in my opinion, made it virtually impossible to regain the respect he originally enjoyed. 

I think you are right with your first guess. 

2 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

Get down off your high horse...you know what I meant.

The simple fact is that people who advocate getting rid of Chansiri are mentally handicapped because they can't understand the real situation.

You don't have to like what's going on...I don't...but you don't have a choice and if you keep deluding yourself that you can replace DC then you are mentally handicapped. He's here until he decides otherwise.

Are you for real?  

Disgusting post!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PEARSON said:

I don’t agree with this. Obviously if we had better players we’d be better but theres a sort of view amongst our fans that if we’d have gone up everything would be fine. Look at Bolton, Portsmouth and in more recent times Hull and Sunderland. Being in the Prem doesn’t solve everything. It can mean the bad decisions you make are magnified with greater risk. Our lack of success weirdly could be a saving grace that we don’t go completely bust. A bad chairman is a bad chairman, there’s no two ways about it. If you build the club on sand by just chucking money at the first team at some point the foundations will catch up with you. If you alienate the fanbase, don’t invest in youth, don’t sell players, don’t listen to people, micromanage to the point of not having any real sponsors or proper shirt manufactures at some point your gonna see the impact of that. Chansiri is to blame and nobody else. Not his advisors, no previous manager, no player, not the fans. It’s 100% on him. 

But had we gone up, who's to say that Chansiri would have stayed?

And at that level, had he decided to stay, then other investors may well have joined and that would have made it more difficult for Chansiri to behave this way.

We've never had a youth policy of note, even when we were in the PL.

Ultimately, gambling is probably the only way we'll ever get to the PL.

But as with most things, it's not what you do it's the way that you do it.