There's a point when everyone finally agrees.

We have reached the Gerald Ratner or Nicolae Ceausescu moment. This once proud football club that used to have morals descends lower and lower as the weeks goes by. The icing on the cake will be seeing us get relegated and a certain other team stay up. I feel for the staff and the loyal fanbase that will turn up week in week out. I'm quickly losing my interest.

14 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Doesn't need a DOF as such needs a CEO based in UK, who has a history of running a football club, to come in be responsible for the running of the club and to answer to DC if targets are not met.

From there the CEO should be responsible for managing the various departments, including recruitment of the manager or head coach (whichever route the club decides is best) 

The outside advisor model is the part that needs to stop, the advise DC gets should be from the people working at the club and only for the club.

The problem is under DC this will never happen, I know people who used to work at the club in his early years, DC is a control freak and every decision has to be made by him and every payment or purchase signed off by him.

You cannot run a modern business like this anymore with one man making every decision and when that one man does not have a clue about how to run a business - well you can see the outcome. Align yourself with yes men and when DC makes mistake after mistake no one has the balls to tell him, because when someone does they are removed from the business.

We saw only a few weeks ago when he spat his dummy out at Pulis because he probably gave him a few home truths that he didn't like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Looking around the tinternet this morning.

You can clearly see that last nights abysmal result and the absurdity of the Erik situation, has finally pushed even

the most ardent Chansiri and paxo followers over the edge.

I cannot remember a more unified desire for this partnership to leave the club.

You are correct , enough is enough.

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

The biggest issue is (and this comes across in any interviews he does) DC doesn't think he's doing anything wrong and until that mindset changes the downward spiral will continue.

It won't - what you describe is a very typical trait among within East Asian psyche. To admit wrongdoing is a sign of weakness and loss of face.

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

True.

I don't think it's all Paixao's fault, either.

I mean, he'd no longer be here under any other chairman.

But if Paixao's recruitment had been better/less partial, then it wouldn't have mattered.

We'd have been in the PL and rolling in it.

The question is.....why is he still here after the string of failures he has overseen?

Until we know the answer to this we can't move on in a different and improved way

Suspect that we won't like the answer either

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

As I say I concur with the sentiment but my point is that there is not a lot we can do to force or expedite their leaving, sadly.

There is something you can do,send a message by not attending(when possible) & not buying Ifollow or Club merchandise....its not about the financial hit,but about sending a message the fans have had enough...without fans/supporters no Club can thrive,7 the loss of face would be enormous to the Chairman.(massive to Thai's)

3 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

The question is.....why is he still here after the string of failures he has overseen?

Until we know the answer to this we can't move on in a different and improved way

Suspect that we won't like the answer either

He seems absolutely bullet proof for some bizarre reason, any mention of his name gets brushed aside by DC.

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Chansiri isn't the devil, and in the end he's the one who's lost by far the most by his actions.

I don't think for a moment that he wanted this to happen.

I can understand why he took advice from someone who has connections to agencies, because it makes it easier to land players on their books.

If we'd gone in for Jota, all things being equal Wolves would still have landed him because he's linked to Mendes and not Paixao.

That's modern football for you.

Paixao is far more to blame for this shambles than is Chansiri IMO.

Chansiri has lost money,we have lost our ground and the Club we love......who exactly has lost the most???

• Like 1

I don't give a throw what Chansiri has lost. He's the only one who can control what happens at the club and has done a remarkably bad job. 

His choice of advisor, players, managers, infrastructure, investment strategy.... No sympathy whatsoever and carries no favour with me, I'm not a fan, just a customer remember.

Everything he has done has been on his terms, for him. A vanity trip, hobby which results in him ******** up this once proud club spectacularly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Chansiri doesn't need necessarily to go, if he does the right thing.

He needs to get rid of the advisers, bring in a DOF, and bring in a manager who can manage.

The manager needs to pick what players he wants so he can build a cohesive team.

And if Chansiri has advisers, then they need to be impartial and not linked with agents.

If he does those things, then we'll move forward.

it really is THIS simple 9and has been since day one). all he needs to do to end the animosity towards him and to unite the club and it's fans/customers is this . he's still the owner,still has final say but he lets competent,knowledgeable people run the business  ON and OFF the field  

I think as a fanbase we've been very patient with Chansiri , I sussed him years ago but then people were blaming the manager cause things weren't anywhere near as bad as they are.

He was and is a dictator and will never admit to his many mistakes , a very stubborn man who knows next to nothing still about running a football club.

4 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Chansiri doesn't need necessarily to go, if he does the right thing.

He needs to get rid of the advisers, bring in a DOF, and bring in a manager who can manage.

The manager needs to pick what players he wants so he can build a cohesive team.

And if Chansiri has advisers, then they need to be impartial and not linked with agents.

If he does those things, then we'll move forward.

Hopefully we might be like Blackburn.
Has owners who made a pigs ear of it with some really daft decisions and went into League 1.

Since seemed to have sorted thenselves out and are now a fairly capable solid mid table Championship side with a solid manager.

I doubt the owners are popular still in Blackburn but have from the outside been big enough to learn from their mistakes.