There's a point when everyone finally agrees.

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

True.

I don't think it's all Paixao's fault, either.

I mean, he'd no longer be here under any other chairman.

But if Paixao's recruitment had been better/less partial, then it wouldn't have mattered.

We'd have been in the PL and rolling in it.

I don’t agree with this. Obviously if we had better players we’d be better but theres a sort of view amongst our fans that if we’d have gone up everything would be fine. Look at Bolton, Portsmouth and in more recent times Hull and Sunderland. Being in the Prem doesn’t solve everything. It can mean the bad decisions you make are magnified with greater risk. Our lack of success weirdly could be a saving grace that we don’t go completely bust. A bad chairman is a bad chairman, there’s no two ways about it. If you build the club on sand by just chucking money at the first team at some point the foundations will catch up with you. If you alienate the fanbase, don’t invest in youth, don’t sell players, don’t listen to people, micromanage to the point of not having any real sponsors or proper shirt manufactures at some point your gonna see the impact of that. Chansiri is to blame and nobody else. Not his advisors, no previous manager, no player, not the fans. It’s 100% on him. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Guest Therealrealist
4 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Looking around the tinternet this morning.

You can clearly see that last nights abysmal result and the absurdity of the Erik situation, has finally pushed even

the most ardent Chansiri and paxo followers over the edge.

I cannot remember a more unified desire for this partnership to leave the club.

Theres still a few on here who back chansiri..they wont post much for a few days then if we get a decent resilt on satday they will be back..its the same little gang all the time..ironic one begins with b and one begins with s 🤠

4 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

has finally pushed even

the most ardent Chansiri and paxo followers over the edge.

I don't think that's true.  I think there are still a sizeable portion who believe he's just one or two correct decisions from turning Wednesday around into a successful club.  There's a few who believe that it's better the devil you know and we need to keep him as he's keeping us afloat.

We've become dependent on Chansiri, and for some, that dependence means they can't see beyond him.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I strongly believe he cannot be cut out. 

24 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

I strongly believe you are right......imo he's far more than just an advisor.

Again and again people are ignoring this and talking of him just being easily dispensed with. But the signs are it's not that straightforward. As I recall, there was much suspicion around Paixao's involvement right from the beginning and he was rumoured, as Steve Bruce was to suggest later, to be part of the fabric of the club. Chansiri has been unusually defensive about his role and fairly recently denied outright that he was anything other than another member of the team advising him and that there were absolutely no formal ties to Doyen Group (or whatever their current guise is). But I'm not convinced by the chairman's protestations.

Whatever the truth, the administration of the club has been disastrous and regardless of Eastern culture, the signs of failure are everywhere you look, whether that be the league position, balance sheet, talent in the squad, saleable assets, club infrastructure, local and national reputation, high turnover of executive staff or whatever. But if the chairman cannot be honest with himself, or is constrained by mysterious obligations, then he may be like Captain Smith standing on the bridge of RMS Titanic, watching the bow of the ship sinking increasingly into the depths, largely oblivious as the passengers shout and panic. The crew do what they can, but they cannot prevent the ocean pouring in.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mkowl said:

Whilst I grasp the sentiment the irony of "sack the board" chants always made me smile. You are asking those that own the club, that have the voting power to pass a resolution as shareholders, to sack themselves from an Executive day to day running role.

They will go on their terms and when they,and if, they want. 

As I was chatting with someone the other day, Mr C actually thinks the club is worth the money put in to date.

It isn't

And will be worth a lot less if we are relegated 

41 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Hopefully we might be like Blackburn.
Has owners who made a pigs ear of it with some really daft decisions and went into League 1.

Since seemed to have sorted thenselves out and are now a fairly capable solid mid table Championship side with a solid manager.

I doubt the owners are popular still in Blackburn but have from the outside been big enough to learn from their mistakes.

More like we will do a Chessy keep failing until we hit none league.

There are a lot of similarities between the two owners

18 minutes ago, Manwë said:

I don't think that's true.  I think there are still a sizeable portion who believe he's just one or two correct decisions from turning Wednesday around into a successful club.  There's a few who believe that it's better the devil you know and we need to keep him as he's keeping us afloat.

We've become dependent on Chansiri, and for some, that dependence means they can't see beyond him.  

Appreciate what you're saying and further during today, i can see those that are of that mind. But the change in atmosphere this morning is clear to see.That's for sure.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mkowl said:

Whilst I grasp the sentiment the irony of "sack the board" chants always made me smile. You are asking those that own the club, that have the voting power to pass a resolution as shareholders, to sack themselves from an Executive day to day running role.

They will go on their terms and when they,and if, they want. 

As I was chatting with someone the other day, Mr C actually thinks the club is worth the money put in to date.

It isn't

If true, that's frightening.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Just scary that

Guest Therealrealist

Sadly the lower we fall the more chance we have of finding a buyer..anty pitential buyers will make their move when we have bottomed out and dc cant ask a stupid price

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

He is fully aware of what is said about him and Paxo on Owlstalk. 

And is clearly choosing to ignore it.

Any sane person would look at the comments and say. "I'm getting absolute pelters here, better have a really good look at what we are doing".

Does that happen?

No, he just carries on with the same philosophy  and modus operandi that has got the club into this situation.

If he were to come out tomorrow and say, I'm ditching Paxiao, getting a proven CEO and DOF and taking a step back from the day to day running of the club. Then I think the majority of the fanbase would accept that, even if the inevitable relegation to league 1 happened.

However the chances of DC making such a move are virtually zero and I'm pretty sure that he will eventually drive the club into admin though his egotism and incompetence.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

Get down off your high horse...you know what I meant.

The simple fact is that people who advocate getting rid of Chansiri are mentally handicapped

There's no " High Horse "  when questioning degenerating the mentally handicapped. 

There's no reason, not a shred of validity in bringing the menatally handicapped into the argument.

The rest of what you put is written in a good fashion.

You ruin any credibility, in it's argument. In the words " mentally handicapped "
I'm no tree hugger, far from it. 

But there was just no reason for it. None.

And reread what i put.  Did I say in my opening statement that  " I " wanted rid of Chansiri "  although, i do.
All i said was that  I'd never seen such an overwhelming number of fans asking for both to leave.

Edited by quinnssweetshop

6 hours ago, scilly owl said:

I’m not sure that there are any Chansiri/Paxo followers. 
Chansiri is our very own Mike Ashley.

As Simon Jordan pointed out, Ashley has kept Newcastle in the Prem when clubs like ours, Sunderland, Leeds have spent decades outside it. DCs January performance isn’t likely to keep us on the Championship, a completely different level of mismanagement.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pieman said:

As Simon Jordan pointed out, Ashley has kept Newcastle in the Prem when clubs like ours, Sunderland, Leeds have spent decades outside it. DCs January performance isn’t likely to keep us on the Championship, a completely different level of mismanagement.

You are implying Chansiri is the only one making the decisions at Hillsbro. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

Again and again people are ignoring this and talking of him just being easily dispensed with. But the signs are it's not that straightforward. As I recall, there was much suspicion around Paixao's involvement right from the beginning and he was rumoured, as Steve Bruce was to suggest later, to be part of the fabric of the club. Chansiri has been unusually defensive about his role and fairly recently denied outright that he was anything other than another member of the team advising him and that there were absolutely no formal ties to Doyen Group (or whatever their current guise is). But I'm not convinced by the chairman's protestations.

Whatever the truth, the administration of the club has been disastrous and regardless of Eastern culture, the signs of failure are everywhere you look, whether that be the league position, balance sheet, talent in the squad, saleable assets, club infrastructure, local and national reputation, high turnover of executive staff or whatever. But if the chairman cannot be honest with himself, or is constrained by mysterious obligations, then he may be like Captain Smith standing on the bridge of RMS Titanic, watching the bow of the ship sinking increasingly into the depths, largely oblivious as the passengers shout and panic. The crew do what they can, but they cannot prevent the ocean pouring in.

End of the day Leicester also have Thai owners and their ownership is like night and day to ours. We simply have a pig headed bloke who clearly doesn’t have the resources or desire to let skilled people get on with running the club. 

• Love 1

...a rich man from Thailand has managed to destroy this family’s following of Wednesday. I’m just about hanging in there, cos it’s an addiction, but my Dad has thrown towel in, started after being priced out of pay on the gate. My brothers’ packed it in, he went to every game home and away ‘til a couple of years ago. Hopefully people come back if Chansiri leaves. Wonder how much tickets will be in League 1!? 

• Like 1