There's a point when everyone finally agrees.

6 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

If you have health problems you go to a doctor.

You assume that the doctor is going to act in your best interests.

I guess that Chansiri believed that the advice he would get from Paixao would be in his and in our best interests too.

Players have agents and advisers are linked to those agencies.

It's the way of things in modern football, I'm sorry to say.

Doesn't explain why after a 12 point deduction, the remit to Monk for this season was to make the play-offs, when even my cat could see that wasn't going to happen - ever

Advisors or no, he's the main man in charge and taking the suggested decision - the buck stops with him and him alone

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Doesn't explain why after a 12 point deduction, the remit to Monk for this season was to make the play-offs, when even my cat could see that wasn't going to happen - ever

Advisors or no, he's the main man in charge and taking the suggested decision - the buck stops with him and him alone

The man's clueless about football.

Absolutely clueless.

Really.

He's on record as saying that he knows/knew less than his (then) eight-year-old son.

Which is precisely why we should never have had this system.

There probably isn't a chairman in the country less suited to it.

If ever a chairman needed a DOF, impartial advice, and a manager who manages and chooses what players he wants, then that chairman is Chansiri.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

That's the obvious and sensible solution to all our problems. 

Unfortunately it will never happen. 

Chansiri has had ample opportunity to change. 

He won't. He can't. 

He hasn't got a clue. 

Any businessman who saw his business going down the pan after doing what he thought was right would make drastic changes. 

If the money Chansiri has chucked at the club had been borrowed or shared with someone else then the other party would never have let it get to the stage were at now. 

Bank/investor would have called in the loan and forced DC to change. 

Problem is that DC is a one man band. 

He has dug a hole which is too deep to get out of. 

Administration is looming regrettably. 

Absolutely spot on.

Which is why, with the advice he's (been) getting, there's no chance of anyone else throwing their money into the pot.

Yet Chansiri blames us and posts like this one for putting potential investors off.

• Haha 1

Got to be honest I'm one of those that hopes he can see a glimmer of hope on the horizon. Talk of a new left back and some things starting to whirr around a striker makes me think we will be alright... There are some bad teams in this division and surely a few tweaks will see us ok.

Thats said there is something rotten, and whilst I still will not bashing Chansiri directly, he's the owner and doesn't put the team on the pitch he has seemingly made a rod for his own back by listening to the wrong people. There is seemingly a stubbornness also which is causing issue.

If rumours are true that Cook has been offered 4 months... why would he??? Both sides need to benefit out of this and the only way Cook would is by getting us properly playing... but he wouldn't have his players so its a big ask.

Looks like Thomson for the rest of the season and unless a few players start showing up it will be league 1.

In truth we could do with a little more transparency (without undermining the club), are we skint??? Is there any intention to secure your assets properly rather than undermining them and losing them? Do we really believe if we carry on the way we are going then there will be a panacea in the summer where we can have the promise of a rebuild (again!!!)

I still don't get the structure of the club and why is Paxio so revered, if he brought Carlos in then well done (I know some don't rate him but at least for a few years we had some entertainment.

I'm Wednesday born and bred and have always followed and supported even though I now live away... got to say I'm thinking a lot more recently about whether spending my cash on kits for my lad and £10 to watch the dross that was served up last night (especially the second half) is really worth it.

If I had chance to ask Dejphon for a few things what would it be in order.. probably not a new striker to be honest it would be;

Some clarity and honesty

A clear strategic direction moving forward

A long term plan regardless of management or structure.

If you want to run this like a business then do so because a half way house just doesn't work

(gets off his high horse and walks away)

• Like 3

To be honest I don't want to hear anything from Chansiri. Absolutely nothing. Every time he opens his mouth it's an utter sh*t show anyway. It's time for him to actually do something constructive. Seems like he needs some help with him being utterly inept. So here's a simple list to get him started:

• Appoint a manager.
  • Appoint a CEO.
  • Sort the new contracts. Or be honest and explain we can't compete with the financial offers from other teams.
  • Submit the finances.
  • Refunds for those still waiting.
  • Implement a sustainable ticketing strategy.

All fairly simple stuff for a well run football club. 

P.S I've not mentioned binning Paixao because that aint happening ever.

3 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Chansiri doesn't need necessarily to go, if he does the right thing.

He needs to get rid of the advisers, bring in a DOF, and bring in a manager who can manage.

The manager needs to pick what players he wants so he can build a cohesive team.

And if Chansiri has advisers, then they need to be impartial and not linked with agents.

If he does those things, then we'll move forward.

Completely deluded. He will do none of these things and has shown no inclination to do so 

27 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The man's clueless about football.

Absolutely clueless.

Really.

He's on record as saying that he knows/knew less than his (then) eight-year-old son.

Which is precisely why we should never have had this system.

There probably isn't a chairman in the country less suited to it.

If ever a chairman needed a DOF, impartial advice, and a manager who manages and chooses what players he wants, then that chairman is Chansiri.

He's also on record as saying he knew about football and that he knew we had a better team than Sheff U and that anyone who disagreed knew nothing. Despite them getting promoted a mere few months later

You can't trust a word out of the mans mouth

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

As I say I concur with the sentiment but my point is that there is not a lot we can do to force or expedite their leaving, sadly.

Actually you may be wrong, the vitriol  he and his family are getting on social media might end his tenure earlier than expected. 

Not that I condone such behaviour, but it may have the desired outcome. 

3 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Looking around the tinternet this morning.

You can clearly see that last nights abysmal result and the absurdity of the Erik situation, has finally pushed even

the most ardent Chansiri and paxo followers over the edge.

I cannot remember a more unified desire for this partnership to leave the club.

Having just read the whole thread yes, it appears the OP is very much correct. There is a unified desire for Chansiri and his advisor to go. 
There also seems to be unity in the fact no one seems to think it will happen by any positive means and that Administration might very well be on the horizon. 
Is there anything that can really be done? Chansiri has to get rid of Paixao and replace him with a DoF but the fact he hasn’t so far can only make we assume he won’t in the future. 
The mad thing is these nothing good in the situation for anyone! It’s not like Paixao can possibly be getting anything good out of the situation as it is now. 
I would love to be able to say I can see the path out of the mire we are in. But I can’t. 

39 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

You assume that the doctor is going to act in your best interests.

A big part of the problem I’m afraid. The 2 most important roles any owner/chairman/CEO can play in a business is leadership & judgement. They should never assume. 
First judgement: Is a doctor the right person to source your replacement knee if he also works for a replacement knee manufacturer who pays him to promote their brand of knee. When researching the brand it’s not one of the best knee joints available on the market

Second judgement: If you do need a doctor, have you engaged the best possible doctor your money can buy? what’s his track record?  has he ever been struck off? Are his patients generally fit and healthy?
Third judgement: If you have to keep visiting the same doctor with the same ailment that never gets any better, do you stay with that doctor until premature death or do you seek a second opinion? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

Whilst I grasp the sentiment the irony of "sack the board" chants always made me smile. You are asking those that own the club, that have the voting power to pass a resolution as shareholders, to sack themselves from an Executive day to day running role.

They will go on their terms and when they,and if, they want. 

As I was chatting with someone the other day, Mr C actually thinks the club is worth the money put in to date.

It isn't

And it is for the reasons you post that I fear we may not have a club to support within the next couple of years.  

The absurdity of the situation is beyond the realms of fiction.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

As I say I concur with the sentiment but my point is that there is not a lot we can do to force or expedite their leaving, sadly.

Can't even not buy season tickets for next season as they are being rolled over...so can't vote with our feet or £s....I fear this will happen for season 21/22

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

Whilst I grasp the sentiment the irony of "sack the board" chants always made me smile. You are asking those that own the club, that have the voting power to pass a resolution as shareholders, to sack themselves from an Executive day to day running role.

They will go on their terms and when they,and if, they want. 

As I was chatting with someone the other day, Mr C actually thinks the club is worth the money put in to date.

It isn't

That's the big issues with him though

He does not released he bought an investment for £32.5m + a new pitch and has spent the best part of £150-200m to make it worth less than he bought it for.

The club is probably worth next to nothing as the first team squad is all but free agents, Iorfa is probably the only asset and he's a free agent summer 2022, the club does not own the ground or any of the facilities, so you are looking at probably a valuation of about £5m unless the ground is included then you might get £30m with inflation.

DC thinks the club is worth £200m, he is too stupid to realise the club is not worth what he has spent, if most of that money has not been spent on making the club and its infrastructure better but instead on wages.

The best analogy is he has a bucket of water, he is filling and filling the bucket and the water is going everywhere, when you go to move the bucket the only water you will move is what's in the bucket, not what has spilt on the floor. I know deep for 10am on a Thursday.  lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

The worrying thing about all this is DC is probably oblivious to most of this hatred as there's no fans at games. 

He is fully aware of what is said about him and Paxo on Owlstalk. 

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

The best analogy is he has a bucket of water, he is filling and filling the bucket and the water is going everywhere, when you go to move the bucket the only water you will move is what's in the bucket, not what has spilt on the floor. I know deep for 10am on a Thursday.  lol

Yeah, I'm only two coffees into the day.  You're going to need to run that past me again lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Chansiri doesn't need necessarily to go, if he does the right thing.

He needs to get rid of the advisers, bring in a DOF, and bring in a manager who can manage.

The manager needs to pick what players he wants so he can build a cohesive team.

And if Chansiri has advisers, then they need to be impartial and not linked with agents.

If he does those things, then we'll move forward.

Doesn't need a DOF as such needs a CEO based in UK, who has a history of running a football club, to come in be responsible for the running of the club and to answer to DC if targets are not met.

From there the CEO should be responsible for managing the various departments, including recruitment of the manager or head coach (whichever route the club decides is best) 

The outside advisor model is the part that needs to stop, the advise DC gets should be from the people working at the club and only for the club.