What Everton players have you admired?

2 minutes ago, Daryl Catpiss said:

I know this isnt the thread for this  i never got the hype for John ebbrell, the media used to ******** over him cos he was a product of that Lilleshall football school (I couldn't tell you another player that did) but he was pretty average.

Also, he was a pig.

So.

Didn't he cost the Blunts about £1M for 45 minutes of football? 

That early to mid eighties team was very good - Sharp and Gray were lethal up.

We gave them some good games but rarely came out on top. Contrast of styles really at the time - us long ball and them more cultured. Although even when we got got the ball down on the deck from 89 onwards they always seem to get the better of us.

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How come?

They've always seemed pretty peaceful and harmless to me

Alan Harper's push on Glyn Snodin after he'd headed it clear in the Villa Park semi. Snodin's headed clearance was booted back to Harper who was clean through but would have been offside or closed down if Snodin hadn't been left on his back playing him onside trying to get up and playing Harper onside.

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Totally forgot Bearsdley played for em!

Had a mate who supported Everton & went to see them a few times with him on the away end at the sty before I was old enough to go to our away games. Beardsley score in one of them but the blunts always used to beat them.  

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How come?

They've always seemed pretty peaceful and harmless to me

The signing of Daniel Amokachi in 1994 was the start of putting paid to one assumption of the club.

The assumption wasn't absolutely incorrect.

Edited by Salmonbones

Kanchelskis, undoubtedly. 

I like Everton as a club, but the most awful match I ever attended was against them. Might have been 96-97, winter, it was freezing cold, hail/sleet/snow, and I don’t think either team had a shot on goal, let alone on target.