Harry Pickering - Crewe

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

Interesting that Pickering left out of Crewe squad today, suggesting he's near a move in the next week. Maybe us but with Stoke and Blackburn in the running it'll be difficult.

Can't see Stoke being after him they have just signed a left back from Charlton and they also have Morgan Fox.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Toro said:

Andre Green is 22 and so is this kid. If we can get him for under 500k then these are the sort of players that can generally turn us a profit over the next 3-5

years. This is a far better long term plan the anything we’ve had in a while.

Exactly.

He could be the next Morgan Fox.

Ah...

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Interesting that Pickering left out of Crewe squad today, suggesting he's near a move in the next week. Maybe us but with Stoke and Blackburn in the running it'll be difficult.

Do Stoke have a genuine interest? They have Fox, Norrington-Davies on loan from Sheffield Utd, and the promising Tymon, all left backs Plus new signing Doughty who’s often played there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Are you a Crewe supporter to have watched half of their home games ?

I just like watching English football and Crewe are probably my 2'nd favorite English side. 3'th of games when I've seen him play were last season.

Crewe have few skillful young footballers in their squad that are well worth keeping an eye on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

We should offer him a 3 yr contract minimum ,The kid has a stormer against  Everton tomorrow and he will be gone .

I honestly can't believe it could be true, don't want to...

You have to be bloody eejit to offer player of Shaw's talent one year extension. And Shaw would have to be right donkey to accept contract like that.

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

Yes a bit like Sean Clare and the others who had a few good games and then went onto bigger and better things.......oh hang on:duntmatter:

Doesn't matter. We had 2 highly rated youngsters that we wanted to keep and we lost them both. For free...

If it is true what Jeffjohnson says regarding contract we offered to Shaw it is easy to see why.

Just now, malek said:

Doesn't matter. We had 2 highly rated youngsters that we wanted to keep and we lost them both. For free...

If it is true what Jeffjohnson says regarding contract we offered to Shaw it is easy to see why.

So the lad has talent I'm not doubting that but he has had about 3 good games. Does that warrant a 3 year contract? I don't believe it does we need to keep them hungry to improve and 3 years is too long. 2 years I would agree with and put an appearance clause in where an additional year can be triggered. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

So the lad has talent I'm not doubting that but he has had about 3 good games. Does that warrant a 3 year contract? I don't believe it does we need to keep them hungry to improve and 3 years is too long. 2 years I would agree with and put an appearance clause in where an additional year can be triggered. 

You don’t offer a young player home grown or buying Thats showing potential and doing it in the mr’s team anything less than a 3 year contract 

only way you offer 2 years is if the club as 1 or 2 year contract extensions 

but these players you generally secure on a low salary and it makes sense to secure that salary over a longer period plus the longer a player is under contract the more it will cost a buying club to buy him

2 years on shaw would be terrible business 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

You don’t offer a young player home grown or buying Thats showing potential and doing it in the mr’s team anything less than a 3 year contract 

only way you offer 2 years is if the club as 1 or 2 year contract extensions 

but these players you generally secure on a low salary and it makes sense to secure that salary over a longer period plus the longer a player is under contract the more it will cost a buying club to buy him

2 years on shaw would be terrible business 

No it wouldn't he's achieved nothing yet. 2 years with the option of a 3rd is more than acceptable and will encourage him to keep his standards high. 

2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

No it wouldn't he's achieved nothing yet. 2 years with the option of a 3rd is more than acceptable and will encourage him to keep his standards high. 

So he’s braking through this year and showing great potential 

potentially has next year as his season 

and then he’s left with 6 month of his contract remaining

yeah that makes sense 

you do know contracts get offered on ability, potential, and investment reasons right 

your basing his contract on him having a lack of motivation or wanting to prove something

baffling based on that theory I wouldn’t sign him let’s give him pay as you play until he wins us the league and bags us 50 goals playing centre back 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, fpowl said:

yeah that makes sense 

you do know contracts get offered on ability, potential, and investment reasons right 

your basing his contract on him having a lack of motivation or wanting to prove something

baffling based on that theory I wouldn’t sign him let’s give him pay as you play until he wins us the league and bags us 50 goals playing centre back 

Not saying pay as you play -  but a 3 year contract with an appearance clause in that triggers the third year is a far better option

Not been many that have come through our youth set up and genuinely looked comfortable? I remember Penney coming in at left back and thought whoa this kid looks good? Then he got shunted around the pitch and has never looked the same since? Shaw has had a few good games and could go the same way? However the way he has been imposing himself with each passing game makes me think he can step up and play regularly? If he plays tomorrow it will be a different story however Everton have a really good squad of depth and we’ll be chasing the ball around for most of the match? Hope shaw signs tho 

17 minutes ago, fpowl said:

yeah that makes sense 

You tie your brightest prospects down to long contracts. Simple as that. Shaw should get a 3 year deal.