Harry Pickering - Crewe

Know nothing about him, supposedly highly rated, but is the type and profile of player we should be looking at. Have to trust the recruitment lads at least have done their due diligence.

At least he's a LB one of our problem positions to be addressed

• Like 2

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
23 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This is just the type of signing we should be making. 

Which is why it’ll never happen!

38 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

Can you remember picking up Kenny Lunt. Very highly rated lower League central midfielder that we were delighted that we signed........

Yeah I do ..... delighted for him to go as well .... I have to say though if the money at Wednesday is running out ... then taking pints on younger players from lower leagues is the way to go.... I'd rather take a chance on this kid then sign another over the hill 30 use old who wants 1 last pay dY before retirement...wawaw

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
11 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Good change of policy if so. In terms of looking for deals in the EFL.

Havent seen whether he’s any good though 

to be fair DC has signed left-backs from league one before, Fox & Wiggins.

I said I couple of weeks ago, given we're desperate for a left back, that there are two stand options, available at reasonable prices, impressing on a consistent basis in League One.

One was Alfie Doughty who has just been signed by Stoke.

And the other, was Harry Pickering.

Couple of weeks ago, it looked as though Blackburn had sealed the deal, but something has obviously delayed things on that score, and so this news this morning is very welcome.

It'd be brilliant if we signed such an exciting prospect for a very reasonable price (Crewe are only asking for £400k I think). But, even if Pickering goes elsewhere, at least it shows that we are looking in these markets, and perhaps aren't entirely reliant upon agents for our players.

Fingers crossed we can get this deal done. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Cultured left back with fantastic left foot who takes great set-piece. 

However there is a question about his ability to defend and how he would fit into team that doesn't play Crewe's brand of passing football.