Sheffield Wednesday and Hillsborough in the 1960's

16 hours ago, hirstysfags said:

Always love this stuff. Could do with it's own section.

Personally I like this stuff being on Matchday during quiet periods,

Theres a lot of younger fans that would never even look at it if it was in a different section.

Anyway, weerz Dunsby these days ??

• Like 1

Guest hirstysfags
1 hour ago, Ibbo48 said:

Personally I like this stuff being on Matchday during quiet periods,

Theres a lot of younger fans that would never even look at it if it was in a different section.

Anyway, weerz Dunsby these days ??

That's true. Dunsby is very busy on Twitter. He's doing a cracking job on there.

4 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

There was only a small crowd at reserve games and I remember they would always stand at the end of the stand Wednesday were kicking into, then at half time a mass migration to the other end.

I remember going to all the reserve games (was included in season ticket price)...  we sat in South Stand (no assigned seating)...  They would flash the 1st team score on the electronic scoreboard as the updates came in (no internet back then lol)..

Does anybody remember watching the sports show on Saturday evening as the scores were coming in......   Looked like an old telex machine leaving you in suspense as it slowly typed out the scores in no particular order... loved the 60's/70's hahaha

Didn’t him and Denis Law get suspended for 8 weeks  for an on pitch punch up? Longest suspension at the time for any on field offence and longest suspension for any Arsenal player. Not sure if him and St John got sent off for similar behaviour too. They were the days!

41 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Didn’t him and Denis Law get suspended for 8 weeks  for an on pitch punch up? Longest suspension at the time for any on field offence and longest suspension for any Arsenal player. Not sure if him and St John got sent off for similar behaviour too. They were the days!

I went to Forest v Man Utd because it was Laws return from suspension.  The length of the ban was a huge thing at the time .  Don't know if Ure was an international but they were both Scots, Law usually picked on Englishmen!!!

On 17/01/2021 at 19:28, hirstysfags said:

Always love this stuff. Could do with it's own section.

On 18/01/2021 at 11:35, Geedee said:

Perhaps one set up on owlstalk.co.uk

Could have Different sub sections eg 60's , peles visits etc 

On 18/01/2021 at 11:40, @owlstalk said:

Am on it  

We did have a History section up until the site was streamlined. 

On 18/01/2021 at 16:16, Whitecap Owl said:

I remember going to all the reserve games (was included in season ticket price)...  we sat in South Stand (no assigned seating)...  They would flash the 1st team score on the electronic scoreboard as the updates came in (no internet back then lol)..

Does anybody remember watching the sports show on Saturday evening as the scores were coming in......   Looked like an old telex machine leaving you in suspense as it slowly typed out the scores in no particular order... loved the 60's/70's hahaha

I really miss the Green ‘Un...

54 minutes ago, Mickjj said:

We did have a History section up until the site was streamlined. 

Just looking at the site and I never have noticed the gallery and video  section if those sections can be organised into different folders ( the gallery already has some of this ) , then I think that would do the job.  One great thing about Wednesday is the history and between us  there must be thousands of photos that we can upload to Owlstalk to provide an historical record. Also perhaps notable or funny memories that we all have over the years. I have one of jack Charlton in a McDonalds i don't have any photos or videos of that day but I can tell a good yarn about it.