Nearly impossible to get an experienced manager in.

Guest buster123

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The chairman should never undermine a manager and do the team talk before, during or after a game. 

It’s ludicrous. 

You see, you've taken pep talk and words of encouragement and turned that into Chansiri giving a full blown team talk and tactical breakdown.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 2

And if he has done that, then yes, that would be farcical.

But my interpretation is it's just him trying to offer some words of encouragement.

Perhaps misguided, but out of all the stupid sh*t he does do, I'd put it pretty low on the list tbh.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You see, you've taken pep talk and words of encouragement and turned that into Chansiri giving a full blown team talk and tactical breakdown.

He should be nowhere near the dressing room end of. Don’t care if it’s tactical, a pep talk or whatever. Leave it to the manager. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SiJ said:

And if he has done that, then yes, that would be farcical.

But my interpretation is it's just him trying to offer some words of encouragement.

Perhaps misguided, but out of all the stupid sh*t he does do, I'd put it pretty low on the list tbh.

Have you seen Wallace’s interview? The players thought it was bizarre like any player would. Chairman should not get involved in things like that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Therealrealist
3 hours ago, bubbleowl said:

So megson told pulis all this yet pulis ( an experience manager) took the job

Pulis came for the pay off..and our hapless owner obliged

Guest Therealrealist
5 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

Whether true or not it’s his club. 
bought for his son. If they want to be involved what’s the problem. 
DC won’t give a full on team talk. He may give a friendly few words of encouragement or something. 
showing he’s interested. 
Att nipping in maybe not very professional but again showing an interest in the club n team that’s his n his dad spent hundreds of millions on. 
move sat next to Att in the box next to theirs n he videos most of game on his camera. Well he did years ago not sure bout recently. 

If hes just bought a club for his son why didnt he buy a thai club?

5 hours ago, Marro said:

I’m sorry but if he buys a club for his son and consistently disrespects the fans and traditions of the club then Chansiri is beyond help.  He may legally own the club but it is not his Club and never will be.  The owner should be a custodian holding the club on trust for the fans and with that comes great responsibility.  I’m on my high horse but....  My Dad, Grandad and Great Grandad would be turning in their graves if they knew what this idiot had done to our great club.  I despise Chansiri.

It's a shame it's not a club. With members and rules and a board and a budget and minutes and a sense of community and purpose. Whatever SWFC is today it's certainly not a club.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, buster123 said:

This is why Gary M didn't want to be the assistant to Pulis or take the managers job on himself. He told Pulis the man would be involved in all aspects of the club. His son going in the dressing room at halftime at a league match, DC himself going in the dressing room before a league game to give a team talk. He's lost the plot, and I don't think he will ever change his ways.

I just wish he would fuckoff and sooner rather than later, the club is a complete joke under his ownership.

6 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

Whether true or not it’s his club. 
bought for his son. If they want to be involved what’s the problem. 
DC won’t give a full on team talk. He may give a friendly few words of encouragement or something. 
showing he’s interested. 
Att nipping in maybe not very professional but again showing an interest in the club n team that’s his n his dad spent hundreds of millions on. 
move sat next to Att in the box next to theirs n he videos most of game on his camera. Well he did years ago not sure bout recently. 

The clubs not a toy

It's a professional football team

3 hours ago, flo said:

i think if dejphon stopped doing team talks int the changing rooms we may be top 6 in the PL right now?

No, but if he concentrated on doing his actual job better, we might be closer to that goal.

Maybe the players should go in to his office and give him words of encouragement when he's about to sign off the £10 PO for a new stapler.

An unwritten rule of football is the board keep at arms length from the team, especially on matchdays.  

4 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Pulis came for the pay off..and our hapless owner obliged

That maybe so but the point I was making is the opening poster starts a topic then blows their own argument out of the water by saying it's nearly impossible to get an experienced manager then tells a unfounded story of how we got one, whether pulis came for a paycheck or not is irrelevant and makes this topic ludicrous 

7 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The chairman should never undermine a manager and do the team talk before, during or after a game. 

It’s ludicrous. 

7 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So this guy isn’t to be believed then? He called it and said it was happening. He didn’t predict it, he passed on info he was told. 

This is all based on pure assumption. In Pulis' entire career, Megson was his assistant once and once only for a brief period at West Brom. It's laughable to quote Megson as saying he didn't take the job because of interference from the chairmen. As if he'd have been anywhere near getting the job. As for the interview with Wallace, the only person who comes across badly in that interview is Wallace himself.