Nearly impossible to get an experienced manager in.

Guest buster123

This is why Gary M didn't want to be the assistant to Pulis or take the managers job on himself. He told Pulis the man would be involved in all aspects of the club. His son going in the dressing room at halftime at a league match, DC himself going in the dressing room before a league game to give a team talk. He's lost the plot, and I don't think he will ever change his ways.

8 minutes ago, buster123 said:

This is why Gary M didn't want to be the assistant to Pulis or take the managers job on himself. He told Pulis the man would be involved in all aspects of the club. His son going in the dressing room at halftime at a league match, DC himself going in the dressing room before a league game to give a team talk. He's lost the plot, and I don't think he will ever change his ways.

Gary M? Monk?

Whether true or not it’s his club. 
bought for his son. If they want to be involved what’s the problem. 
DC won’t give a full on team talk. He may give a friendly few words of encouragement or something. 
showing he’s interested. 
Att nipping in maybe not very professional but again showing an interest in the club n team that’s his n his dad spent hundreds of millions on. 
move sat next to Att in the box next to theirs n he videos most of game on his camera. Well he did years ago not sure bout recently. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just assuming it is all true (and it all sounds plausible) does this stop us getting an experienced or indeed good manager/ coach?

is the problem that the things happen or that the manager is told he will be left to it and then isn’t? 
I personally couldn’t manage in that way even in a normal business. I need my own autonomy when I do things but I do know others who don’t care as much. 
In the round it probably isn’t very helpful but I can’t hand on heart say it would stop us getting anyone in at all. It just narrows the field to people who are prepared for it to happen. 

Maybe that’s why we need to focus on just getting a coach (or even leaving Thompson in charge as a coach)? Forget having a manager in the traditional sense?

Its a nonsense way to run a club but it isn’t going to change so maybe just cut our cloth accordingly and get in with it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Peason is still in the betting,I believe

I really like Pearson and think he’s a very good football coach. Would he be able to operate under this kind of regime?

We all assume he’s very much a traditional manager but maybe just coaching might work for him?

Doesn't sound like the Pearson we think we all know but maybe just sorting out the team while someone else does everything else might appeal to him now??

Owner wants to go into the dressing room before a match and wish the players luck/give a few words of encouragement. Doesn’t sound too unreasonable to me and as a manager you’d need a pretty fragile ego to feel threatened by it - Megson likes to make out he’s a bit of a tough guy so he really doesn’t seem the type to act like a fanny about something so insignificant. Unless of course he’s got an audience of slavering lapdogs hanging on his every word whilst he tries to dish up some juicy dirt.

• Like 1