Nearly impossible to get an experienced manager in.

Guest buster123

Guest hirstysfags
9 hours ago, Marro said:

That’s DC’s view.  To me he may legally own the club but without fans the club doesn’t exist.  If, God forbid we went down and Chansiri continued running the club in the current manner let’s see how many will turn up to watch.  I think he’ll be in for a surprise.  

Yes, but it's still his!

Whatever next, first people accuse DC of having too much influence on recruitment, now we are to believe he’s taking the team talks It’s comical, by his own admission, he knows little about the game. 
When he first came, he knew nothing, and even today, he’s at the mercy of his advisors. 

30 minutes ago, hirstysfags said:

Yes, but it's still his!

Legally he does.  But the club is dying a slow death under Chansiri.  All that would be masked if he strikes lucky on a manager who was successful against all odds and it would be against all odds as there is no foundation in place.

But be careful Chansiri - the creation of a breakaway club The Wednesday for the fans with people/community at the heart is not so far fetched if Chansiri continues to create the perfect storm.  

• Like 2

Guest hirstysfags
1 hour ago, Marro said:

Legally he does.  But the club is dying a slow death under Chansiri.  All that would be masked if he strikes lucky on a manager who was successful against all odds and it would be against all odds as there is no foundation in place.

But be careful Chansiri - the creation of a breakaway club The Wednesday for the fans with people/community at the heart is not so far fetched if Chansiri continues to create the perfect storm.  

I agree with the rest of it. Just disagree with you saying It's not his.

Depends what you mean by ‘experienced’. Many on here berated the pulis appointment saying he was a ‘dinosaur’.

Thinking of other names like that, warnock, Mark Hughes, Big Sam, Megson, are these all dinosaurs? 

I think it’s very hard, especially for a club like us that isn’t the most attractive prospect, to find the right balance.

Guest Hornsby
2 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Depends what you mean by ‘experienced’. Many on here berated the pulis appointment saying he was a ‘dinosaur’.

Thinking of other names like that, warnock, Mark Hughes, Big Sam, Megson, are these all dinosaurs? 

I think it’s very hard, especially for a club like us that isn’t the most attractive prospect, to find the right balance.

Nixon today tweeting our 2 advisors / footy agents have different candidates so no conflicts here.

He also says - worryingly - we have bigger issues which must be cash flow (WBA don't need Josh now , even for 2 bob?). 

Guest wilyfox

It’s not impossible to get a proven experienced manager. Chansiri did it twice with Bruce & Pulis. But, I suspect he had to give fake assurances and over-pay to get them through the door.

18 hours ago, Marro said:

I’m sorry but if he buys a club for his son and consistently disrespects the fans and traditions of the club then Chansiri is beyond help.  He may legally own the club but it is not his Club and never will be.  The owner should be a custodian holding the club on trust for the fans and with that comes great responsibility.  I’m on my high horse but....  My Dad, Grandad and Great Grandad would be turning in their graves if they knew what this idiot had done to our great club.  I despise Chansiri.

What the owner should be and what he is are 2 different things. In law fans don't exist they are customers and DC can pretty much do as he pleases to and with the club. There are some restrictions but they are more to do with fulfilling our fixtures than looking after fans interests.

Fans are just cash cows to be milked for as much money as possible as far as some owners are concerned.

I would love us to have an owner who's interests are aligned with ours, who explains the realities clearly to fans and takes us along for the ride rather than 'for a ride'. Maybe someday but I won't hold my breath.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

It’s not impossible to get a proven experienced manager. Chansiri did it twice with Bruce & Pulis. But, I suspect he had to give fake assurances and over-pay to get them through the door.

and a lot of good they did us

17 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

I view it very differently. 

I believe everyone wants the payday. 

Look at the names we've had...Carvahal, Monk, Pulis, Bruce, Luhukay. Everyone wants the gig.

DC has a huge gut feeling to make, knowing hundreds of managers/coaches want the payday. 

He's always gone as good as he can get. 

Wouldn't be surprised if we end up with someone like Michael Laudrup

More likely to get either Cruyff or Maradona

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

and a lot of good they did us

6 months combined and few resources, what did you expect them to achieve?

23 hours ago, gurujuan said:

The last thing we need is an experienced manager, only Carlos of the last five has got anywhere near being a success

Great point this, and one a few people should think about whilst crying like babies about Paul Cook