BREAKING NEWS Coventry and Wycombe games suspended

4 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I am disappointed as I want to watch football games but it’s fair enough.

I think there a decent chance the league will be abandoned before we play any more games. 1500+ deaths today and rising and talk of more restrictions and more games being postponed are not good omens!

If that’s not the case only time will tell if it’s going to work out better or not as we might pick up more injuries by having an even more hectic schedule or be in better shape! God knows!

All very messy 🙁

Football is on edge of bankruptcy why the hell would they stop season? Not on health grounds not on finanical grounds . Sky bt amazon worldwide pay billions . No football means sunscribtions cancelled = not paying football clubs = good bye football . If thats what you want 

6 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Shouldn’t have sacked Pulis.

With him in charge, we weren’t scoring any goals, therefore no celebrations/hugging players etc. to spread the virus.

No we just celebrated with them when they scored against us!! 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Whitecap Owl said:

No footy?....   just thankful that the NHL season faces off tonight over here...  At least I now have the Edmonton Oilers to disappoint me in lieu of the Owls......

They are good at that. “City of Champions” and all that

I can understand them starting football back up when they did and starting this season.
I dont think you can blame the Football Authorities for not knowing they wold be a variant and the second wave was going to be as bad.
I know the situation was slightly different but football was played during WW2 to help with moral.
But I do think the time has come to suspend the season for a month as it become a bit of a farce with postponements and cup games played with the youth side.

18 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I can understand them starting football back up when they did and starting this season.
I dont think you can blame the Football Authorities for not knowing they wold be a variant and the second wave was going to be as bad.
I know the situation was slightly different but football was played during WW2 to help with moral.
But I do think the time has come to suspend the season for a month as it become a bit of a farce with postponements and cup games played with the youth side.

I think the government see it as there nation moral booster and that's why they are reluctant to cancel it.

10 hours ago, morganowl said:

Football is on edge of bankruptcy why the hell would they stop season? Not on health grounds not on finanical grounds . Sky bt amazon worldwide pay billions . No football means sunscribtions cancelled = not paying football clubs = good bye football . If thats what you want 

Hi Morganowl. In your last sentence to ask ‘if that’s what you want’. I never said I wanted football cancelling. I said I think it might be. I didn’t want schools to shut either and there were loads of arguments about why that was a bad idea but they still did it. If things don’t get better and more and more things are closed down at some point the government will look at Football. I hope not but I can see it might. 

3 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Think that's right.

Doing the wrong thing for the right reasons imo.

I think the tipping point will be what happens in hospitals. If hospitals are ‘overwhelmed’ which is an often used word but must sister works in hospitals and she says thy are close to it. Overwhelmed means literally many sick people getting no treatment at all. If you phone an ambulance if you have a heart attach, no one comes, if you go to A and E it is shut. People die on gurneys in corridors in there hundreds etc etc. Just have a look at what’s happening in Los Angeles. That’s is what everyone is scrambling to avoid. At some point if things really do get to that horrendous stage then it would seem incongruous to be watching Football matches with players celebrating goals. The reality of if football is actually dangerous or not will get swept up in the massive lockdown of everything that will be imposed. 
If things level off before the NHS gets overwhelmed and we scrape through this peak and the vaccine starts to help hospitalisations fall then maybe football will continue. 
I want it to continue, I really do. I am literally looking at Saturday now wondering what I’m going to do to give myself a boost after a week of home schooling and trying to fend off bankruptcy of my business for the 9th consecutive month. But the world might have other ideas. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, scram said:

This is going to get farcical

There is very little option to extend the season due to the euros - so the already insane fixture calendar is only going to get worse with all the risks it brings

IMO if football is going to carry on then every fixture has to be fulfilled as per the calendar - or forfeited as a 3-0 loss

Utter shambles

Can't agree with that. The table will then effectively be decided by COVID. I know it is obviously having an effect as it is but losing these next two fixtures 3-0 would be pushing us close to relegation. 

6 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I think the tipping point will be what happens in hospitals

Yes I've been saying the same thing for ages...I also have family and friends who work in the NHS...It's close to breaking.

My son has been made redundant, my daughter and son-in-law are close to bankruptcy.

They are so upset football may have to stop..🤭

My daughter/son in law has a 25 acre animal park and has been closed for the best part of a year.

Most visitors are young families  as you would expect...the type whom are not 'at risk' from severe illness. 50mtr social distancing is not a problem, never mind 2mtr.

Down the road is a 1acre garden centre that is allowed to open...most visitors are getting on a bit..and are at risk.

See the problem here..

When they see football on telly they are fooookin livid to put it mildly.

There will be millions feel the same, it's amazing the amount of people who don't really think about football.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Yes I've been saying the same thing for ages...I also have family and friends who work in the NHS...It's close to breaking.

My son has been made redundant, my daughter and son-in-law are close to bankruptcy.

They are so upset football may have to stop..🤭

My daughter/son in law has a 25 acre animal park and has been closed for the best part of a year.

Most visitors are young families  as you would expect...the type whom are not 'at risk' from severe illness. 50mtr social distancing is not a problem, never mind 2mtr.

Down the road is a 1acre garden centre that is allowed to open...most visitors are getting on a bit..and are at risk.

See the problem here..

When they see football on telly they are fooookin livid to put it mildly.

There will be millions feel the same, it's amazing the amount of people who don't really think about football.

Yep. I want football for my own entertainment but at the same time have to explain to my kids that they can’t meet there friends while footballers are hugging each other every soddin match!
Everyone will all ways view events through their own lens but logic seems to have left the building!

Schools are shut because they are a ‘vector for disease’ but my wife is in school every single day as the ‘key worker’ coordinator teaching 30+ kids. There is a vaccination available but she can’t have it. 
My father in law, who never leaves the house, has had it. 
I cant go to visit my mum to fix her central heating but a plumber can!

Im just sick of it all now. 

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I want football to continue but I think you are right, the time has come where a break is needed. The problem with that, as Scram has said, is that the authorities have left no place for it in the calendar. 

What should have happened is that this season should have been confined to domestic football. There was no need for a Champions League this season but of course UEFA were not going to sacrifice the income from that. 

No need for the Euro's either. With what happened last season and the clear warnings about a second wave during the winter, the chances of this season having to be extended were not insignificant. In my opinion there is more appetite for domestic football than for international football and having national teams flying across Europe at this time was a step that wasn't needed, they even continued playing international friendlies and the Nations League. 

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Schools are shut because they are a ‘vector for disease’ but my wife is in school every single day as the ‘key worker’ coordinator teaching 30+ kids. There is a vaccination available but she can’t have it. 

Bloody ell so is mine..though every alternate week.

She can see 20 odd other peoples kids every day...but can't see her own 3yr old grandaughter...

3 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Yep. I want football for my own entertainment but at the same time have to explain to my kids that they can’t meet there friends while footballers are hugging each other every soddin match!
Everyone will all ways view events through their own lens but logic seems to have left the building!

My father in law, who never leaves the house, has had it. 
I cant go to visit my mum to fix her central heating but a plumber can!

Im just sick of it all now. 

The way they have 'shut' schools is ridiculous. It is evident that they are a source of spreading the virus. My kids had 3 spells of isolation due to outbreaks in school before Christmas and my wife is now off work and ill having tested positive this week from picking it up in the school she works in which is supposed to be 'closed'.

I don't mind the footballers celebrating goals. It is a natural reaction. They are tested every week and train and play together anyway.

It is certainly no worse than allowing amateur junior football to continue, which happened up until this latest lockdown. Kids from different schools in close contact with each other then going home to families who then go to work and the kids then go back to different schools. 

11 hours ago, morganowl said:

This sadly is the state of play