BREAKING NEWS Coventry and Wycombe games suspended

I am disappointed as I want to watch football games but it’s fair enough.

I think there a decent chance the league will be abandoned before we play any more games. 1500+ deaths today and rising and talk of more restrictions and more games being postponed are not good omens!

If that’s not the case only time will tell if it’s going to work out better or not as we might pick up more injuries by having an even more hectic schedule or be in better shape! God knows!

All very messy 🙁

• Like 1

No one wanted to see this but Inevitably this was going to catch up with us at some point. Could be seen as a good thing to get some much needed bodies back. 

I don’t subscribe to all the ‘cancel football’ lark, for the following reasons: 

We have probably taken this for granted since it all restarted,  but watching football (even if it is as terrible as Wednesday) gives millions across the country something to focus their time and energy on, something to avoid sticking netflix on. I think this is a massive benefit for people’s mental health (cue the comments about how depressed watching Wednesday is, and the pigs for that matter) lol 

Secondly, if football is cancelled then it would put hundreds/thousands of players (and their friends/families) at greater risk. At least in football they are getting tested on a regular basis and the majority (bar celtic jetting off to dubai) are staying in the same location and living either by themselves or with a partner/kids etc. If you suddenly chuck players back into the everyday situation, they will not have the same testing routine, thus creating a significant chance of other people catching the virus. 

If the authorities really think this through, ‘elite’ football won’t be cancelled. 

• Like 1

Next League fixture 30th Jan.

Lousy for fans but great in reality. Gives us chance to have a manager bedded in and any new players landed.

Honetly can’t see any Footie being played in February anyway. Covid out of control.

So glad we beat Derby. Could be the result that kept us up. 

If you can get a manager appointed that’s a good few weeks on the training ground when it’s open 

granted not all players will be fit and available to work with but the philosophy and getting to know the club and players must surely be better than just throwing someone straight in 

gives any new incoming players a bit more time to bed in too

who knows by the time we resume 

we could have a new manager and 3/4 new signings in place 

could be a different improved Sheffield wednesday with more creativity and attacking threat and going into that scenario in current form can only be good 

I like optimism ( let me have it please ) 

• Like 1

This is going to get farcical

There is very little option to extend the season due to the euros - so the already insane fixture calendar is only going to get worse with all the risks it brings

IMO if football is going to carry on then every fixture has to be fulfilled as per the calendar - or forfeited as a 3-0 loss

Utter shambles

40 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I can think of one option..cancel the euros.

Doubt many would be against that in each individual country.

Football should never have even tried to attempted to carry on as if nothing had happened - the governance is shocking

ALL football outside domestic football should have been cancelled imo - no international breaks - no euros - no european football

Utterly ridiculous they tried to shoehorn everything into a shortened season with a f*cking pandemic raging

Not at all surprising though with the utter bellends who run the game at all levels

• Like 5
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, scram said:

Football should never have even tried to attempted to carry on as if nothing had happened - the governance is shocking

ALL football outside domestic football should have been cancelled imo - no international breaks - no euros - no european football

Utterly ridiculous they tried to shoehorn everything into a shortened season with a f*cking pandemic raging

Not at all surprising though with the utter bellends who run the game at all levels

Agreed..