The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

4 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Either the chairman has given up which seems strange to watch a £150 million investment go down the pan or we are sailing close to the FFP limit once more and we can’t spend. 

Both depressing scenarios and an inevitable outcome if true. 

Dont disagree, but how on earth can we be struggling with FFP having posted a profit from the bogus stadium sale in the last 3 year cycle and releasing almost all high earners over the last 3 years, while spending hardly anything on fees since Van Aken. 

Surely FFP will be adjusted for loss of ticket revenue?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Is it 600k ?  I’d heard £1.5m ,  still reasonable for the player he looks like been 

Like I said I think we’ll struggle without moving a Rhodes/Reach on,  but hopeful of something positive 

1.5 my arse

52 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

So where did the offer for Cosgrove come from? I’d rather get this guy in, than pay what Aberdeen want for Cosgrove 

Did we put a bid in or did we just enquire? 

I can only see us getting a striker in on loan and that will be it. It’s always the case. My moneys on Wickham.

58 minutes ago, striker said:

Dont disagree, but how on earth can we be struggling with FFP having posted a profit from the bogus stadium sale in the last 3 year cycle and releasing almost all high earners over the last 3 years, while spending hardly anything on fees since Van Aken. 

This is the bit I don’t understand either? It’s a rolling 3 yr thing? We spent big first two seasons they have now dropped off and we got punished for those? Only big earners left atm Rhodes , Bannan , lees , Westwood? Maybe van aken ? Know wages come into it aswell as fees but since van aken we prob spent 2/3 m max? On iorfa pelepoop windass Paterson? Received 1.5 hunt joao 5/6m Bruce compo package ? Any body shed any light?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, striker said:

It's the hope that kills you🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

This is the bit I don’t understand either? It’s a rolling 3 yr thing? We spent big first two seasons they have now dropped off and we got punished for those? Only big earners left atm Rhodes , Bannan , lees , Westwood? Maybe van aken ? Know wages come into it aswell as fees but since van aken we prob spent 2/3 m max? On iorfa pelepoop windass Paterson? Received 1.5 hunt joao 5/6m Bruce compo package ? Any body shed any light?

See above 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

You have to hope that we have significant plans in place It’s the only way we will have any hope of maintaining our championship status. If that isn’t the chairman’s strategy, then we should be cashing in on the likes of Bannan, Reach and Lees, even if it only raises a few million

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Hopefully BCFC will make Jutkiewicz available, would make a big difference for us

Earlier this week the West Midlands press were reporting that another championship club had put in a £1m bid for him.

Yesterday, when asked about ‘Juke’, Karanka said “He’s going nowhere - at the moment” which May mean that he’s on his way out once Brum sign Cosgrove?? 

34 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Sadly if you are a good quality Championship standard player why would you come to us for anything but a high wage?  That's clearly something we won't be offering What a mess. 

There may be a bit of that, but it didn’t stop a Premier League striker joining struggling Coventry, did it, and they don’t even have their own stadium 

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Did we put a bid in or did we just enquire? 

I can only see us getting a striker in on loan and that will be it. It’s always the case. My moneys on Wickham.

I wouldn’t be thinking of bringing Wickham to S6 again with his injury record. He picked up a bad injury at the end of October and the initial report was that he would be out for a minimum of 3 months. So if we took him in this window we would be ignoring the fact that he’s not played any 1st team games for over 3 months, his injury recovery rate at his age is slow. We’d probably be lucky to get 10 games out of him this season so let’s not look at crocks.

No way should we consider buying Jutkiewicz, a loan maybe, but we really need to buy a younger forward. We are likely to find ourselves in a similar position to that which we found ourselves in last summer, needing to bring in 4 or 5 strikers That is an impossible task, as we saw last season. To make that mistake once is bad enough, but to fall into that trap twice would be criminal

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

No way should we consider buying Jutkiewicz, a loan maybe, but we really need to buy a younger forward. We are likely to find ourselves in a similar position to that which we found ourselves in last summer, needing to bring in 4 or 5 strikers That is an impossible task, as we saw last season. To make that mistake once is bad enough, but to fall into that trap twice would be criminal

We may not have a penny to buy a forward