The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

28 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

It would appear Birmingham are going for two new strikers.....

Though I wouldn’t particularly want any of those two, that very much depends on who we are bringing in With Cosgrove and Nisbet, added to the likes of Leko and Bela, it seems that they are refreshing their striker pool with younger players, something we need to do. As long as we don’t have any ideas about bringing in their cast offs, they can do what they like.

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Though I wouldn’t particularly want any of those two, that very much depends on who we are bringing in With Cosgrove and Nisbet, added to the likes of Leko and Bela, it seems that they are refreshing their striker pool with younger players, something we need to do. As long as we don’t have any ideas about bringing in their cast offs, they can do what they like.

Given how the Juke would be perfect for us in the current situation, I cannot understand why we wouldn't be banging on their door right now though.

Just now, swfc1983 said:

Not sure we get anybody in now think Chansiri will have had enough writing is clearly on the wall. Can’t demand that Chansiri gets out but spends another £5 million before he goes...that’s a bit rich even for Wednesdayites. 

He has 2 choices. Spend to try and save us or don’t spend and watch his £150 million go down the pan. 

I’m sure it will be our fault if we go down though. 

1 minute ago, davey_wells said:

Given how the Juke would be perfect for us in the current situation, I cannot understand why we wouldn't be banging on their door right now though.

His type might be perfect for us, but better, or at least younger and more mobile. I wouldn’t be adverse to bringing him in as an option, if we also brought in a younger striker If we keep taking the casts offs from Birmingham, Cardiff and Derby, while they upgrade, we will just keep falling further behind those clubs

34 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

His type might be perfect for us, but better, or at least younger and more mobile. I wouldn’t be adverse to bringing him in as an option, if we also brought in a younger striker If we keep taking the casts offs from Birmingham, Cardiff and Derby, while they upgrade, we will just keep falling further behind those clubs

Some players just dont fit with some managers - that's football - we've benefitted from plenty of cast offs in the past just as others have benefitted greatly from ours.

You could easily class Bannan, Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri, Lee, Tom Lees, Iorfa, even JP McGovern, Tudgay, Deon Burton, Carbone as cast offs - very rarely have we signed or poached a player in top form to come and join us - we should have done it a lot more from the lower leagues.

Juke would be a great fit as he is now for the likes of Windass, Green, Reach, Harris, Bannan and Paterson to play off or alongside. A genuine target man who links everything together and when given a run will score.  It's just a no-brainer for me.

50 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t see us bringing in any players now, GJ? We are still got problems paying our players on time but we can magic up funds for transfer/loan fees. Moreover, why would an in contract player come here? 

We’ve brought 2 players in this window and both were out of contract players. 

Dc is not doing much to try and convince Bannan,Reach Lees and the rest of em to stay is he.

Personally I think he's done,had enough of it all,and what ever happens happens.

All the criticism he's had some justified,alot of it not as finally taken it's toll.I dont really blame him he's chucked millions at it just a heartbreaking shame it hasn't worked at our club.

What a mess we are in....

UTO....

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Dc is not doing much to try and convince Bannan,Reach Lees and the rest of em to stay is he.

Personally I think he's done,had enough of it all,and what ever happens happens.

All the criticism he's had some justified,alot of it not as finally taken it's toll.I dont really blame him he's chucked millions at it just a heartbreaking shame it hasn't worked at our club.

What a mess we are in....

UTO....

Then he really should be selling them in this window, for anything he can get

41 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Some players just dont fit with some managers - that's football - we've benefitted from plenty of cast offs in the past just as others have benefitted greatly from ours.

You could easily class Bannan, Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri, Lee, Tom Lees, Iorfa, even JP McGovern, Tudgay, Deon Burton, Carbone as cast offs - very rarely have we signed or poached a player in top form to come and join us - we should have done it a lot more from the lower leagues.

Juke would be a great fit as he is now for the likes of Windass, Green, Reach, Harris, Bannan and Paterson to play off or alongside. A genuine target man who links everything together and when given a run will score.  It's just a no-brainer for me.

That’s true, yes. However, him, Paterson, Windass and Harris don’t exactly suggest a side capable of staying up