The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

25 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Dc is not doing much to try and convince Bannan,Reach Lees and the rest of em to stay is he.

Personally I think he's done,had enough of it all,and what ever happens happens.

All the criticism he's had some justified,alot of it not as finally taken it's toll.I dont really blame him he's chucked millions at it just a heartbreaking shame it hasn't worked at our club.

What a mess we are in....

UTO....

You can chuck money at a problem or you can sort it. Just spending loads doesn't necessarily mean you solve the problem.

In our case we had the basis of a good team and we needed a few well chosen additions to complete the picture.

You could either say DC has spent a lot or he has wasted a lot and both would be true.

He lays those problems at our door but we are fans not owners, it's the owners responsibility to get it right. Naivety was his main problem. Shame, because I think his heart was in the right place.

If nothing happens before the window closes we are almost certainly going down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davey_wells said:

Given how the Juke would be perfect for us in the current situation, I cannot understand why we wouldn't be banging on their door right now though.

Rumour in Brum is that Middlesbrough, Huddersfield & Sunderland are after Juke......

With yet more Peterborough players linked with upper Championship sides, I've just had a quick look at the Peterborough website and I was amazed by the number of scouts they have listed. They have more scouts than we have first team players. No wonder they continually unearth jems and sell them on for profit. 

• Like 1

Even if we are on target Z, we need a physical striker in. I think we may have seen a difference today with Paterson up front and the ball sticking than at Coventry the other day. 

If he gets a knock or suspension it could cost us dear without a focal point that teams at the bottom need.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Even if we are on target Z, we need a physical striker in. I think we may have seen a difference today with Paterson up front and the ball sticking than at Coventry the other day. 

If he gets a knock or suspension it could cost us dear without a focal point that teams at the bottom need.

Paterson doesn't do too much, but we don't have anyone else to fill his role upfront. Needs to learn how to the ball better and give more time for our midfielders to join attack. 

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
21 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Come on Wily it’s dead mate, do the honourable thing and pull the plug it’s for the best.

lol

No! I’d give this fred a transfusion just to keep it alive. 

This window has just about panned out as I expected once Pulis got the boot. Pulis’ determination to shake up the squad got him the sack just as much as the performances and results under him.

I’m hoping for another striker and a left-back but I think Marriott’s return from Derby has put a spanner in the works with regards to bringing in another striker plus Thompson using Rhodes today might also offer another clue in this regard? I think Thompson also persevering with Penney suggests no

movement on the left-back either.

The one thing I could see happening is a shock departure for Reach?

3 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

So as we've not payed our wages fully, it's that us under an embargo? 

How can it not be ?    There’s absolutely no way around that rule is there ?