The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

25 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

needs many improvements for me, like you say with the inevitable injuries to players that seem to pick up injuries very easily we need a bit of strength in depth. 

The bare minimum we need a left back, a right sided midfielder and 2 strikers - just for the confused that's players who regularly play in an advanced role not a midfielder covering up front.

Then if we have any finance left, we need a match fit centre half and a competent central midfielder a team with Dunkley, Hutch and Luongo in we are going to need plenty of cover.

We will need players coming in who can play 40+ games a season not breakdown when playing just 20.

• Like 1

Ipswich making another good league one signing in Bonne, Harper yesterday, looks like they are building a young athletic team with talent and potential.

It also looks like their chairman is backing his manager to get the team promoted.

Where as at Hillsborough, we are still waiting for the first sighting of the season of the greater spotted chairman.

No new players signed at all and pre-season started, are we once again going to make the same mistakes of wasted money on loan players and signing player late in the window with no pre-season behind them, who then go on to spend most of the season in the physios room not playing. 

With the training camp in Wales, we could have got 4 or 5 free agents in on trial to try and win deals and at the same time we get them fit and ready for the new season. I would have said match fit but we haven't arranged any actual friendlies which could be an issue with that.

56 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Ipswich making another good league one signing in Bonne, Harper yesterday, looks like they are building a young athletic team with talent and potential.

It also looks like their chairman is backing his manager to get the team promoted.

Where as at Hillsborough, we are still waiting for the first sighting of the season of the greater spotted chairman.

No new players signed at all and pre-season started, are we once again going to make the same mistakes of wasted money on loan players and signing player late in the window with no pre-season behind them, who then go on to spend most of the season in the physios room not playing. 

With the training camp in Wales, we could have got 4 or 5 free agents in on trial to try and win deals and at the same time we get them fit and ready for the new season. I would have said match fit but we haven't arranged any actual friendlies which could be an issue with that.

Ipswich lost 19 senior players at the end of last season. They have enormous amount to do as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, striker said:

Lots of work to do. Not sure if I've missed anyone, but would struggle to put out a team and still glaring gaps...

194201946_Screenshot_20210626-1832562.png.a2181cfecb404eb5166f92a7129ac674.png

If we can keep hold of our players and I know its a big if. But not many teams in this division will have players as good as Iorfa, Windass and Bannan.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

If we can keep hold of our players and I know its a big if. But not many teams in this division will have players as good as Iorfa, Windass and Bannan.

I agree, think Luongo is a good player too, but he and Iorfa haven't played a lot in the last couple of seasons. 

We have a good base to work from, but don't seem to show any urgency in recruitment. 3 or 4 players isn't going to deliver success and elsewhere the squad is painfully weak. 

With no strikers on the books, guess there won't be many attacking drills going on in our pre season camp in  Wales next week 🤣

1 minute ago, striker said:

I agree, think Luongo is a good player too, but he and Iorfa haven't played a lot in the last couple of seasons. 

We have a good base to work from, but don't seem to show any urgency in recruitment. 3 or 4 players isn't going to deliver success and elsewhere the squad is painfully weak. 

With no strikers on the books, guess there won't be many attacking drills going on in our pre season camp in  Wales next week 🤣

They will arrive eventually. I would rather we wait and get the best we can rather then just getting anyone in to make up the numbers.

Hunt, Dele Bashiru, Galvin, Brennan, Hagan. I am expecting them all to be heavily involved this term. So along as we don't lose the better ones we got. It's not as desperate as it may seem.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

They will arrive eventually. I would rather we wait and get the best we can rather then just getting anyone in to make up the numbers.

Hunt, Dele Bashiru, Galvin, Brennan, Hagan. I am expecting them all to be heavily involved this term. So along as we don't lose the better ones we got. It's not as desperate as it may seem.

I do agree, but seems we consistently underestimate the value of pre season under Chansiri. It's when the crucial preparation takes place for the season ahead and bringing in players after the event leads to underperformance and often injury. 

That said, you are right, still early days I suppose, but do think there is some urgency needed in the forward department. Let's see what next week brings.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, striker said:

I do agree, but seems we consistently underestimate the value of pre season under Chansiri. It's when the crucial preparation takes place for the season ahead and bringing in players after the event leads to underperformance and often injury. 

That said, you are right, still early days I suppose, but do think there is some urgency needed in the forward department. Let's see what next week brings.

The euros or world cups seems to stop everything. Happens all the time. Add that to Covid and the fact we are under a embargo I think and its understandable.

Guest wilyfox
51 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Olosunde possibly got a championship deal 

So that’s Olosunde, Bell, Graham, Aneke, James, and possibly Adeniran. Hopefully we’ll start targeting someone we can actually get soon. 

Sheffield Wednesday are tracking Middlesbrough midfielder Lewis Wing, Yorkshire Live understands.

Owls boss Darren Moore is desperate to bring in reinforcements to revamp his depleted first-team squad ahead of the 2021/22 season.

And Wing, who progressed through the ranks at The Riverside, has emerged as a potential transfer target.

The 26-year-old sparkled on loan with Rotherham United last term in the Championship, hitting two goals and providing two assists in 20 appearances under Paul Warne. Wing scored a stunning volley in their final-day draw at Cardiff City but the result proved not enough to keep the Millers in the second tier.

Despite only joining the Millers last January, Wing was part of a six-man shortlist for Rotherham's player of the season award.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The only way I see players signing for us at the moment, with no guarantee of getting paid, is if they have no other options on the table.

I just don’t see why anyone would want to sign for us given the off field problems.

I know the local journos have to write content but some of the players we are linked with are never in a million years going to sign for us this summer. We’re probably keeping tabs on lots of players but that will be all it is!

Still feels very odd that we can’t pay wages but are linked to players we want to sign.  Also still think it’s strange players like Hagan and Dawodu have signed on at a club who can’t pay wages.  Maybe something positive is about to happen re: money coming out of Chans pocket 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Wing would be a cracking signing. Was very impressive at Rotherham. 

Agree, but still has a year left on his contract + in demand + fee required = that's as far as our interest can go given the embargo unfortunately.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Sheffield Wednesday are tracking Middlesbrough midfielder Lewis Wing, Yorkshire Live understands.

Owls boss Darren Moore is desperate to bring in reinforcements to revamp his depleted first-team squad ahead of the 2021/22 season.

And Wing, who progressed through the ranks at The Riverside, has emerged as a potential transfer target.

The 26-year-old sparkled on loan with Rotherham United last term in the Championship, hitting two goals and providing two assists in 20 appearances under Paul Warne. Wing scored a stunning volley in their final-day draw at Cardiff City but the result proved not enough to keep the Millers in the second tier.

Despite only joining the Millers last January, Wing was part of a six-man shortlist for Rotherham's player of the season award.

Take him in a heartbeat….can’t see him dropping down t’L1 though-Championship quality.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree, but still has a year left on his contract + in demand + fee required = that's as far as our interest can go given the embargo unfortunately.

Yes reading the article I was half expecting the word ‘loan’ but it appears we are trying to buy him. Suppose if he’s not part of Boro’s plans they’d be happy to take a small fee for him. Think things will start picking up after the 30th June.