SWFC Trust respond to Chansiri

Such groups get laughed at behind closed doors by the money men. The only way fans can bent their anger is by voting with their feet.

If you are that against DC, stop buying tickets, merchandise. Nothing more you can do.

Fans groups in the modern football era are utterly pointless. Its a money game these days, and the fans don’t count a jot. And if you don’t like that, cancel your Sky subscription. 

• Love 1

Well I sincerely hope that Mr Chansiri responds adequately to this letter. 

SWFC trust is about our only hope of a collective voice.

Appreciate the efforts and they'll get hammered by some fans as its hard to represent 50,000+ people.

However this letter is pretty decent IMO.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, vulva said:

Such groups get laughed at behind closed doors by the money men. The only way fans can bent their anger is by voting with their feet.

If you are that against DC, stop buying tickets, merchandise. Nothing more you can do.

Fans groups in the modern football era are utterly pointless. Its a money game these days, and the fans don’t count a jot. And if you don’t like that, cancel your Sky subscription. 

We have never said that we are 'against' Mr Chansiri

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Well I sincerely hope that Mr Chansiri responds adequately to this letter. 

SWFC trust is about our only hope of a collective voice.

Appreciate the efforts and they'll get hammered by some fans as its hard to represent 50,000+ people.

However this letter is pretty decent IMO.

Thank you. The points in our open letter and in our overall aims have been developed from the views expressed by Trust members and by the wider fanbase through the surveys we have run and meetings held. As you say, it's a collective voice. 

6 minutes ago, SWFC Trust said:

Thank you. The points in our open letter and in our overall aims have been developed from the views expressed by Trust members and by the wider fanbase through the surveys we have run and meetings held. As you say, it's a collective voice. 

You are making an effort on behalf of the fans.

Thank you for that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vulva said:

It really is the only way realistically,but fan groups do have their influence as well,look at Bruce at Newcastle currently feeling the need to defend his self publicly from the critique....many other examples,it can create a wave of pressure,and be an as well,not an instead of....well meaning people on here offering financial advice,business plan ideas to a Billionaires son/ really???

How long have you been running your chip shop?....Chansiri(if he wished) could afford to bring in the best football brains in the industry...Or he could just adopt the tried & tested methods that have applied for decades.

DOF,CEO,Scouts,Coaching team & manager........

Remember,its normal to lose money in Football,& for football Chairman to spend millions to have the privilege of becoming a football Club chairman...

Football  'Business model' has been broken for decades........& basically Clubs depend on someone being prepared to fund those losses,rather than being a profit making business.

l

Difference is  the Chairmen wanted to see success in the league & promotion as a product of his investment,presumably upon which he could have recouped them with Premier league payments,or than had a saleable asset to sell up....

Alternatively if he wanted to be a Premier league Chairman for the status,he may well have invested more....thats the gig...

Theres MASSIVE money in it,if the Club could be turned into a 'brand'....

Good Afternoon and Happy New Year

I have joined the group and will try and think of a few items that I feel could help the club move forward. I’ll send them via email. 

Have you had an acknowledgment from the chairman that he has received the fans letter? 

Keep up the good work 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

You may wanna ask Braithwaite why he didn't inform  Chansiri about the letter and draft a response.

Sad reflection on what owner and some staff think of fans that fund them.

Refunds now. 

How do you know this 

Wouldn’t surprise me though 

1 hour ago, SWFC Trust said:

Yeah think your right, however you don’t need to read to far on Owlstalk to get some crazy opinions!!!! 

Good luck to you and thanks

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pod9 said:

I have joined the group and will try and think of a few items that I feel could help the club move forward. I’ll send them via email. 

Have you had an acknowledgment from the chairman that he has received the fans letter? 

Keep up the good work 

Thank you - we really appreciate it, and yes please to ideas. We are run by volunteers and democratic. Always open to help and ideas 🙂

1 hour ago, Pod9 said:

Keep up the good work 

We've had acknowledgement from the club of receipt of the letter. Not yet directly from Mr Chansiri. 

3 hours ago, Hornsby said:

You may wanna ask Braithwaite why he didn't inform  Chansiri about the letter and draft a response.

Sad reflection on what owner and some staff think of fans that fund them.

Refunds now. 

You are presuming that Braithwaite did not, in fact, inform DC of the letter? Based upon Chansiri's statment that he was not aware of it?

1 hour ago, SWFC Trust said:

We've had acknowledgement from the club of receipt of the letter. Not yet directly from Mr Chansiri. 

So the Club, and by extension Chansiri ARE aware of the letter then...?

3 hours ago, SWFC Trust said:

You've kissed his backside somewhat, it's time he understood the truth. Stop rose tinting things for him. You can see the questions on here.
Too many people have bowed down to him all his life, he is just a deluded rich fool with no real understanding of the real world.

The more you keep boosting his ego, the more he will think he is doing a decent job.

3 hours ago, SWFC Trust said:

We have never said that we are 'against' Mr Chansiri

I don't imagine any group that is about"venting anger" will work.  

Don't think some understand it's possible to want to help and work with someone whilst being able to offer constructive criticism.

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, A858 said:

You are presuming that Braithwaite did not, in fact, inform DC of the letter? Based upon Chansiri's statment that he was not aware of it?

So the Club, and by extension Chansiri ARE aware of the letter then...?

The club were informed of the letter and it's contents an hour or so before it went live for signatures. They acknowledged that via email.

We have (or will this evening) resend it to the club with 5900+ signatures and ask for confirmation that Mr Chansiri has seen it also