SWFC Trust respond to Chansiri

1 hour ago, wilfsmith said:

Very calm, moderate and well written letter. It will be very interesting to hear the  response (if any).

There will be no reply because he considers himself beyond reproach, he can't be challenged on anything and he's incapable of self reflection.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SWFC Trust said:

Hello everyone, just to say that I'll try and answer and questions/queries tomorrow on this. Promised to spend this evening with my wife and kids!

Pfft!

Another one who needs to sort out his priorities!

Only joking... have a great night and keep up all the good work

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

There will be no reply because he considers himself beyond reproach, he can't be challenged on anything and he's incapable of self reflection.

There will be no reply, because as with the first one, he won't bother looking at it. 

• Like 2

It does appear to be obvious that 72 EFL clubs are in financial trouble with next to no income and with only interest free loans or grants from the EPL to help them.

Our Club was losing, say £15m a year, even with attendances of 20-odd thousand so you can see such losses cannot be borne for very long.  Under these conditions no CEO, Chairman or owner could really guarantee a sustainable future.

I just hope, for the sake of English football, that all the Clubs can survive somehow, even if it means going part-time to sustain their heritage

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Think that bits been misunderstood.

He was saying he couldn't guarantee the players wages wouldn't be late again at some point given the ongoing uncertainty re covid.

But did guarantee they would be paid 

That’s the biggest problem with these press conferences, everything gets misunderstood 

Lost in translation and twisted to an extent by people who only want to hear that they wanna hear 

I think it’s a strong effort from The trust that should be appreciated, We need the owner to be comfortable to speak openly and communicate with the fan base , I don’t think this has ever been the case whilst he’s been at the club and if the Trust can work to achieve this I will

happily support 100%

33 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

That’s the biggest problem with these press conferences, everything gets misunderstood 

Lost in translation and twisted to an extent by people who only want to hear that they wanna hear 

I think it’s a strong effort from The trust that should be appreciated, We need the owner to be comfortable to speak openly and communicate with the fan base , I don’t think this has ever been the case whilst he’s been at the club and if the Trust can work to achieve this I will

happily support 100%

I've seen comments misconstrued to both the positive and negative so it is a genuine problem. On occasion making the effort to speak English just doesn't work but it would always be preferable to a translator. I actually would like to see the club release a transcript of what was said in these briefings but I think there would always be a pressure to "tweak" what has been said after the event.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I've seen comments misconstrued to both the positive and negative so it is a genuine problem. On occasion making the effort to speak English just doesn't work but it would always be preferable to a translator. I actually would like to see the club release a transcript of what was said in these briefings but I think there would always be a pressure to "tweak" what has been said after the event.

Your absolutely right, it’s misconstrued both ways 

I think theres a real lack of trust from the owner when he does these press conferences or speaks to any of the media, he obviously feels under pressure to speak and I think some of that may come from what he’s told is been said on forums likes this and social media in general

It does not alter the things he’s said and there’s a huge amount of work to be done from himself on this, but I hope he listens to the trust and conversations can be had because I think massive improvements could easily be made 

9 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Yawn 

I was just making the point that like the first letter, he has no interest. He’s employed and parted company with many experienced football professionals, since he came here. He won’t take any advice or guidance given to him by a painter and decorator from Oughtibridge.

And one which in his own mind is belly aching online about his Kop season ticket refund of £93.42. It’s not happening. Thoroughly pointless exercise, and my best guess is that it won’t be long before some of the tyre kickers that will inevitably circle the club align themselves to this Trust. And that’s when the fun and games will really start. Again. 

• Like 1

Having listened and read through the summaries of yesterday’s press briefing you have to wonder how many years this club can take him as an owner. 

The man has absolutely no business acumen what so ever. The arrogance is beyond belief. 

The sooner he is gone, the better. Good intentions? Well, he doesn’t seem very sympathetic to me. Or very bright. A spoilt rich man’s son, out of touch with the real world. 

He’ll probably expect to get back the 2-300 million he’d unwittingly p***** up the wall. 

Which begs the question, how can this man be removed from our club? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Shezza said:

Having listened and read through the summaries of yesterday’s press briefing you have to wonder how many years this club can take him as an owner. 

The man has absolutely no business acumen what so ever. The arrogance is beyond belief. 

The sooner he is gone, the better. Good intentions? Well, he doesn’t seem very sympathetic to me. Or very bright. A spoilt rich man’s son, out of touch with the real world. 

He’ll probably expect to get back the 2-300 million he’d unwittingly p***** up the wall. 

Which begs the question, how can this man be removed from our club? 

This is the question I keep returning to, and there are no easy answers, I'm afraid.

My only hope is that by the time he finally leaves, we still have a football club worthy of supporting, as I can only see administration, and all the pain and upheaval that entails, as the final chapter in this saga.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, vulva said:

I was just making the point that like the first letter, he has no interest. He’s employed and parted company with many experienced football professionals, since he came here. He won’t take any advice or guidance given to him by a painter and decorator from Oughtibridge.

And one which in his own mind is belly aching online about his Kop season ticket refund of £93.42. It’s not happening. Thoroughly pointless exercise, and my best guess is that it won’t be long before some of the tyre kickers that will inevitably circle the club align themselves to this Trust. And that’s when the fun and games will really start. Again. 

Yesterday someone described the trust as "three blokes in a working men's club in Grenoside".

I know it's not funny but it sums up the futility of it all.

lol

Genuine question: Which football club owners actually listen to the fans and appreciate their input? As opposed to masking their true contempt behind a slick public front of sycophants who make the fans feel valued when in reality they aren't and never really will be?

What comes first with a chairman, adoration or success? Is there a club out there who are wallowing in whatever pond they reside in but who love their Chairman none the less... or does success breed love? 

Are we wanting a Chairman who blows smoke up our àrses or one who genuinely listens? Because one of these options is easier to obtain than the other but neither is really beneficial. 

The Chairman shouldn't listen to us, not really. But he should listen to football people, or more accurately the right football people.

But why would he?

At the end of the day he's sunk a shítload of money into Sheffield Wednesday, a loss making entity, what does he get out of that if he washes his hands of all control? Sheffield Wednesday is his play thing so of course he wants to be the one to play with it.

• Like 1

I bet TUF is aware of his wasting of money on SWFC, but are they aware that he is totally pooing on the Chansiri name in England? Is our only hope that hus father and brother will stop him and cut their losses by selling us to the highest bidder? 

I must admit I was getting some vague hope when hearing that this Alonso guy was involved - anyone’s better than DC - but that was quickly crushed by the man himself. 

To be honest, I really doubt Chansiri spends many hours a day looking after SWFC. 

What an embarrassment this has become for OUR club. Administration, could that remove him? 

Edited by Shezza
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shezza said:

I bet TUF is aware of his wasting of money on SWFC, but are they aware that he is totally pooing on the Chansiri name in England? Is our only hope that hus father and brother will stop him and cut their losses by selling us to the highest bidder? 

I must admit I was getting some vague hope when hearing that this Alonso guy was involved - anyone’s better than DC - but that was quickly crushed by the man himself. 

To be honest, I really doubt Chansiri spends many hours a day looking after SWFC. 

What an embarrassment this has become for OUR club. Administration, could that remove him? 

Interesting points. 

Lasts week someone said on here (it's often said) that we'd be better off going down to league one so we can start again and rebuild. 

Personally, I've never seen the logic in this. I've never seen how getting relegated to league one can help a club regardless of their position. Staying in the division is always the better outcome. It's not like all the players have a clause in their contracts that says they can be released or have their wages cut by half if the club is relegated. 

But I do wonder, if Chansiri would finally get out and sell up as a result of relegation I'd see the positive in that and almost welcome it. 

I'm not sure we can sustain another year of his incompetence dragging the club further down into the abyss.