SWFC Trust respond to Chansiri

15 minutes ago, poite said:

Interesting points. 

Lasts week someone said on here (it's often said) that we'd be better off going down to league one so we can start again and rebuild. 

Personally, I've never seen the logic in this. I've never seen how getting relegated to league one can help a club regardless of their position. Staying in the division is always the better outcome. It's not like all the players have a clause in their contracts that says they can be released or have their wages cut by half if the club is relegated. 

But I do wonder, if Chansiri would finally get out and sell up as a result of relegation I'd see the positive in that and almost welcome it. 

I'm not sure we can sustain another year of his incompetence dragging the club further down into the abyss. 

There’s also so much regarding the running of the club that we do not know about. He’s been taken for a ride by football vultures like Doyen, and isn’t exactly unlikely to have taken up loans with dubious characters, making our financial situation even more precarious. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Regarding TUF, Chansiri's family, his father, the TUF business - NONE of that is anything we should worry about, talk about or think is relevant

It's not

I find bringing stuff like that in distasteful and unnecessary every time it's done

Chansiri is making enough problems here at SWFC without anyone bringing up TUF or his family back in Thailand

Tuf isn’t allowed to have anything to do with Sheffield Wednesday one owners son owns us and the other owners son owns reading, I think people miss this completely when they keep dragging tuf in to their arguments, they aren’t allowed to have anything to do with either club

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shezza said:

There’s also so much regarding the running of the club that we do not know about. He’s been taken for a ride by football vultures like Doyen, and isn’t exactly unlikely to have taken up loans with dubious characters, making our financial situation even more precarious. 

I don't believe he's been taken for a ride anymore. He does what wants, and as such has to take responsibility for failing.

15 hours ago, Pod9 said:

Good response to today’s comments. 

I may have misread, but didn’t DC say some of the things said by the supporters club are false? 

We've asked the club to specify what he meant by that. I think the word he used was 'untrue'. All our statements are public via our website and social media feeds. The only other forum where we've shared and discussed matters is this one. 

15 hours ago, Owlinmad said:

Not a true fan then  lol

14 hours ago, Django said:

Part timer 

:Chansiri:

10 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Pfft!

Another one who needs to sort out his priorities!

Only joking... have a great night and keep up all the good work

All very reasonable comments 🙂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Shezza said:

I bet TUF is aware of his wasting of money on SWFC, but are they aware that he is totally pooing on the Chansiri name in England? Is our only hope that hus father and brother will stop him and cut their losses by selling us to the highest bidder? 

I must admit I was getting some vague hope when hearing that this Alonso guy was involved - anyone’s better than DC - but that was quickly crushed by the man himself. 

To be honest, I really doubt Chansiri spends many hours a day looking after SWFC. 

What an embarrassment this has become for OUR club. Administration, could that remove him? 

I can tell you almost verbatim what Thai Union would say about the matter if it was put to them:

"The company does not comment on matters not related to Thai Union Group PCL."

It is about time after five or six years that supporters of the club realise that there are no connections between Thai Union and the club. The investment is a private matter and drawn from personal funds of Dejphon Chansiri. The TUF logo at the initial unveiling of the investment was rapidly removed and a statement was issued by the investor relations department of Thai Union denying any link between the company and football investment in the UK. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, megsonstheman said:

Don't believe anything that comes out of Pulis mouth. Chansiri has his faults, but as he stated yesterday, Pulis is a master manipulator of the press. Pulis is stating this after the event to make himself the victim. I firmly believe Chansiri version.

Pulis can now go back to selling snake oil

20 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

This 100%.

Chansiri sees everything that goes wrong at the club as a slight on him personally and then he must defend his honour.

The trouble is in his attempts to defend himself and his actions through these statements/briefings to the media he always blunders his way through, leaving more questions than answers.

This leads to even more derision for him and the club. It may be a cultural thing but the way he operates doesn't do him any favours.

22 minutes ago, SWFC Trust said:

We've asked the club to specify what he meant by that. I think the word he used was 'untrue'. All our statements are public via our website and social media feeds. The only other forum where we've shared and discussed matters is this one. 

I think the comments by the Trust are very fair and balanced.  Certainly more so than my thinking.  This is where I do wonder if there is a translation issue.  Is what Chansiri really saying that some statements are factually incorrect whereas to say something is untrue can be construed as going a step further to suggest some kind of deceit (which is clearly not the case)? 

10 hours ago, Royal_D said:

That’s the biggest problem with these press conferences, everything gets misunderstood 

Lost in translation and twisted to an extent by people who only want to hear that they wanna hear 

I think it’s a strong effort from The trust that should be appreciated, We need the owner to be comfortable to speak openly and communicate with the fan base , I don’t think this has ever been the case whilst he’s been at the club and if the Trust can work to achieve this I will

happily support 100%

It's not easy, ironically the key word is "trust" 

Honestly believe 90% of the issues with would be solved if chansiri had a fan group who worked with the club positively.

The are communication issues both sides partly due to the communication style / language barriers.  DC is not English, trying to explain issues in another language can easily be misconstrued.  Likewise purely written open letters may be taken the wrong way by DC, as the questions in them could be taken as accusations if not careful.

Emails / letters etc are not going to help, when communicating only 7% of the message comes across by what we say it's how it's said that gets message across.  Which is why so much of what people say is taken out of context or misunderstood.

The only way round this are to have regular in person talks where clarifications can be sought to questions raised. But DC needs to "Trust" that the trust wants to work with him to solve these issues and vice versa.

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

I can tell you almost verbatim what Thai Union would say about the matter if it was put to them:

"The company does not comment on matters not related to Thai Union Group PCL."

It is about time after five or six years that supporters of the club realise that there are no connections between Thai Union and the club. The investment is a private matter and drawn from personal funds of Dejphon Chansiri. The TUF logo at the initial unveiling of the investment was rapidly removed and a statement was issued by the investor relations department of Thai Union denying any link between the company and football investment in the UK. 

I am sure you’re right about that. But where does he get his money from? 

41 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

It's not easy, ironically the key word is "trust" 

Honestly believe 90% of the issues with would be solved if chansiri had a fan group who worked with the club positively.

The are communication issues both sides partly due to the communication style / language barriers.  DC is not English, trying to explain issues in another language can easily be misconstrued.  Likewise purely written open letters may be taken the wrong way by DC, as the questions in them could be taken as accusations if not careful.

Emails / letters etc are not going to help, when communicating only 7% of the message comes across by what we say it's how it's said that gets message across.  Which is why so much of what people say is taken out of context or misunderstood.

The only way round this are to have regular in person talks where clarifications can be sought to questions raised. But DC needs to "Trust" that the trust wants to work with him to solve these issues and vice versa.

These are excellent points. It is something we've spent a long time discussing - the 'best' way to work with the club. 

3 minutes ago, SWFC Trust said:

These are excellent points. It is something we've spent a long time discussing - the 'best' way to work with the club. 

Good luck with that, think biggest barrier you have is convincing DC that you want to help and work with the club and not just be critical.

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shezza said:

I am sure you’re right about that. But where does he get his money from? 

Nobody denies that the Chansiri family have substantial wealth. Dejphon Chansiri also has a substantial holding in Chansiri Real Estate, a private company established by his father. Further to that, DC is also known to own outright a company involved in building design and construction registered in Thailand. There also remains the possibility that money from other sources has been invested at Sheffield Wednesday, albeit not from Thai Union.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Good luck with that, think biggest barrier you have is convincing DC that you want to help and work with the club and not just be critical.

I need to get round to joining at some point.

We certainly do want to work with the club, and not just be critical. Great if you do decide to join. 

• Love 2

For me, once the trust mentioned performance indicators in the letter, that would be the point it went in the bin. They have no more right to demand things from chansiri than I have. What I would suggest, given his comments about selling, is they focus their attention on that. Either through getting people with money involved or through a share issue. 

Guest Hornsby
13 minutes ago, SWFC Trust said:

We certainly do want to work with the club, and not just be critical. Great if you do decide to join. 

You may wanna ask Braithwaite why he didn't inform  Chansiri about the letter and draft a response.

Sad reflection on what owner and some staff think of fans that fund them.

Refunds now. 

19 minutes ago, SWFC Trust said:

Haven't we had fan groups before and didn't they keep asking the same questions at every meeting about cost of tickets, shirts, quality of shirts, who are making the shirts, that they couldn't get a pie and a pint at half time? Then didn't people in here start to complain that they weren't asking the right questions and asking the same ones over and over again?  Good in theory but the reality is often different. Hope I'm wrong.