Tony Pullis

As with anything, there are 3 versions of the truth, one each from the 2 involved and then the actual truth.

I've seen enough about TP in the past to know he's nothing if not self serving so I can imagine there is plenty of truth in what DC has said.  I doubt it's quite as simple as DC made out though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just not bothered...

I would imagine the truth is somewhere in the middle

Chairman not happy with results

Players probably not happy with style of play and not being paid 

Pulis probably realises that the job was bigger than he’d imagined

One big mess tbh 

• Like 1

I don't doubt that Pulis, similar to Bruce before him, wanted out as soon as he realised what working with Chansiri entailed.

Quite why Chansiri would rather sack him and incur the costs related to that rather than agreeing to a mutual agreement, we can only speculate.

I'd love for Pulis to speak openly and lay bare the issues at our club for once and for all.

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't doubt that Pulis, similar to Bruce before him, wanted out as soon as he realised what working with Chansiri entailed.

Quite why Chansiri would rather sack him and incur the costs related to that rather than agreeing to a mutual agreement, we can only speculate.

I'd love for Pulis to speak openly and lay bare the issues at our club for once and for all.

He said it was because he thought he’d throw the game against Boro because Pulis is pals with Gibson.

Surely that’s libellous by the way?

Just now, NeonLeon said:

He said it was because he thought he’d throw the game against Boro because Pulis is pals with Gibson.

Surely that’s libellous by the way?

He stopped just short of saying that, but he certainly insinuated it.

After that hatchet job, I imagine Pulis' lawyers are rubbing their hands together and advising him to keep shtum until the inevitable statement.

25 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

As with anything, there are 3 versions of the truth, one each from the 2 involved and then the actual truth.

I've seen enough about TP in the past to know he's nothing if not self serving so I can imagine there is plenty of truth in what DC has said.  I doubt it's quite as simple as DC made out though.

So that's one truth

16 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Tbey speak in innuendo 

32 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So that's one truth

Where is the 1 truth?

It was clear TP just in it for money. 

No preparation for games. Same each time.

Bullshit at press conferences lapped up by those who thought sun shone out of every orifice.

DC was likely telling truth too blunt not to be.

4 minutes ago, Django said:

I must have missed that bit 

Incredible stuff 

I’ve watched the actual clip since. He said he was worried about the relationship Pulis has with Boro, and Gibson, and what that might do in his approach to the game. 

So he’s not said it as bluntly as I did there but hinted as much.

• Thanks 1