CONFIRMED

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Andrew6666 said:

Clearly they aren't ok with it. Somebody has had to leak it, somebody has had to contact the PFA. 

Did they do that because they were happy, or because its happened again?

Do you think they will be saying to the PFA "it happened before, but don't worry about that".

The clubs failings under DC are now unravelling.

Because now the balance isn’t being paid. That is the change. 

The question we should be asking is..........Has Chansiri paid all the taxes to the Inland Revenue ? ...........................

I don't think I can go through another winding up order at the High Court................

I think the next 2 - 3 months will see our club wiped out altogether. 

154 Years  Gone !!

Any good suggestions for a new name for the reformed Wednesday

Wednesday AFC

The Wednesday FC

Wednesday Wanderers ( because goodness knows where we'll play with Hillsborough concreted over and new housing )

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bobowl said:

This makes no sense. Why would Chansiri pay all that money for Pulis if he can't even afford the wages? We are in a pandemic, i will cut him some slack.

DC has had so much slack the rope has wrapped around his feet, looped back up and wound its way around the neck of the club

• Like 1

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Just a general musing... no one look too deeply into it because I'm just speaking random thoughts that enter my mind... but I would imagine if one were so inclined, one could make a lot of money by attaching themselves to a football club and wealthy owner for a few years, acting as agent and advisor, broker for various deals etc. I would also assume that there are ways and means of capitalising on even disaster situations like stadium sales... if one were to position themselves correctly and know what points you can take a % or 2 here or there on any transactions.

Just a thought.

Heck, if you even had a lot of capital at the start of said venture, and you provided a % of funds as a means of investment, you could probably use that position as active stakeholder to do pretty much whatever it takes to get that investment back... with interest!

Again, just a thought.

Ownership of the stadium in the future - scupper potential sales of the club - no stadium. Rented stadium £, sale and leaseback £, all to DC.

DC will be quids in - I would like to see a breakdown of the £350m.

Or is it the same £350m plastered on the Brexit Bus that the UK were giving to the EU weekly.

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

To press 

In a public interview

About his employer

Come on - I KNOW that you know I'm right on this one 

Stop being silly

Absolutely nobody is agreeing with you because you're not just wrong - you're SUPERwrong

bullshít. The players and pfa would have been all over it sooner if the money wasn’t paid. Now they are...because the balance wasn’t paid for the first time. That is all we know.

Just now, Owlstastic said:

None of this makes a bit of sense. 

If Chansiri is down to his last packet of fags why would he sack Monk and his staff (presumably resulting in large payouts) and then employ an expensive replacement?

I know he's mad a s a box of frogs but really?

What's the alternative though?

If you're running a business and you're having issues and your team is plummeting down the league you'd surely just go for it and worry about funding it later?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

The question we should be asking is..........Has Chansiri paid all the taxes to the Inland Revenue ? ...........................

I don't think I can go through another winding up order at the High Court................

I think the next 2 - 3 months will see our club wiped out altogether. 

154 Years  Gone !!

Any good suggestions for a new name for the reformed Wednesday

Wednesday AFC

The Wednesday FC

Wednesday Wanderers ( because goodness knows where we'll play with Hillsborough concreted over and new housing )

Think the secured debt on the ground is only c£8m IIRC, so could buy it back for less than £10m from the owner after they have reposessed it..... probably not a bad price

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Just a general musing... no one look too deeply into it because I'm just speaking random thoughts that enter my mind... but I would imagine if one were so inclined, one could make a lot of money by attaching themselves to a football club and wealthy owner for a few years, acting as agent and advisor, broker for various deals etc. I would also assume that there are ways and means of capitalising on even disaster situations like stadium sales... if one were to position themselves correctly and know what points you can take a % or 2 here or there on any transactions.

Just a thought.

Heck, if you even had a lot of capital at the start of said venture, and you provided a % of funds as a means of investment, you could probably use that position as active stakeholder to do pretty much whatever it takes to get that investment back... with interest!

Again, just a thought.

I fear you may not be far away in that. Just my personal opinion obviously. 

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Because now the balance isn’t being paid. That is the change. 

Luckily, and I am glad. You have obviously never had your pay altered, contract changed without consent, pay from employer missed/failed previously. It is not nice and like others have said trust, respect, doubts all creep in and affect your productivity. Even worse if you have dependents.

Even the most hardened employee will lose all trust from an employer.

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So why has it been in the press numerous times in the last year then?

this is the first time the balance didn’t follow within days/same month. That’s what’s being reported. Not that hard to comprehend the difference is it?

Edited by wilyfox

7 minutes ago, bobowl said:

This makes no sense. Why would Chansiri pay all that money for Pulis if he can't even afford the wages? We are in a pandemic, i will cut him some slack.

Depends where the money to hire Pulis came from I suppose. 

• Like 1