CONFIRMED

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Check your PMs mate.

Think it was two/three years ago I messaged you. I noticed you yesterday banging on about your "research". 

We've been on the same page for a long time.

I remember our conversation well mate. Seems the chickens are Coming  home to roost. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Any good suggestions for a new name for the reformed Wednesday

Wednesday AFC

The Wednesday FC

Wednesday Wanderers ( because goodness knows where we'll play with Hillsborough concreted over and new housing )

The new reformed Wednesday should just be this with no name, we could do a Prince and just be a symbol/badge

Sheffield_Wednesday_FC_logo_%281970-1984%29.png

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, thesouthowl said:

The new reformed Wednesday should just be this with no name, we could do a Prince and just be a symbol/badge

Sheffield_Wednesday_FC_logo_%281970-1984%29.png

This!

But with an elongated trunk, for good luck.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

My gut feeling is (and I have no proof to back this up), is that if Chansiri can't pay the bills and admin looms, there are "individuals" already involved with the club who will swoop and take us over. 

Which may have been the plan all along, let DC spunk his cash then pounce

I can't believe that any 'advisers' wouldn't have recommended a proper football and corporate governance structure.....if they wanted DC to succeed

• Like 2

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Ok - here's what we'll do 

I'll step out of the discussion and let anyone and everyone else discuss this instead

Let's see what they say and who they agree with

Fair?

No need to step out. You can stop jumping on me though please. I try for some banter with you, but I point out a notable detail and you jump all over every post.

Just now, wilyfox said:

No need to step out. You can stop jumping on me though please. I try for some banter with you, but I point out a notable detail and you jump all over every post.

I think 99.999% of the posts you make are interesting and valid

Saying the players were ok with not getting paid as they should over the last year isn't

That's all mate

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

Guest wilyfox
Just now, @owlstalk said:

I think 99.999% of the posts you make are interesting and valid

Saying the players were ok with not getting paid as they should over the last year isn't

That's all mate

but they were paid in full each month via two payments days apart - until last month (so we’re told). That is the change. That is why it’s now kicking off and pfa getting involved. The situation is evolving. 

Just now, wilyfox said:

but they were paid in full each month via two payments days apart - until last month (so we’re told). That is the change. That is why it’s now kicking off and pfa getting involved. The situation is evolving. 

Yes I understand that mate

But to say players were happy the last few times this has been happening, when stories have been leaked to the press and we dropped from 3rd in the league to bottom of the division just doesn't carry any real weight

People just are not happy when their wages are messed about with

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

Somebody from the club needs to come out and say something. 

Hopefully that we're getting sold. 

O we'll get a statement alright, probably midnight Xmas day from Chansiri himself just saying he's not selling, we should be thankful for everything he has done, topped off with that he has recently turned down a 1 billion pound offer from Jeff Bezos to buy the club. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

If admin is on the cards (which seems likely at this moment in time) would the points deduction be this season or next?

It would be the same as the Wigan one. If i remember it's something like if you finish in the bottom 3 anyway then the deduction is for the season after. If you finish outside the bottom 3 it applies this season. 

I think, might not be 100%.

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

maybe, but until it does - if it does - can only go on what’s being said and done. We’re told the money did follow in previous months. Last month it didn’t. See what happens next..

Nobody will perform 100% for 'I Owe You's'.

If you don't believe that, ask your boss to not pay you your full wage next month, but promise you it sometime in the future (you aren't allowed to know when that will be though). Then, ask your boss to put you in front of the cameras and provide your opinion on the matter - whilst your boss (who employs you, pays your wages/missed wages/future wages) stands and listens?

Do you bad mouth him/her or say everything is fine?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1