CONFIRMED

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

the payments were reportedly made days apart. Sounds like it was all settled each month. In a difficult COVID year, it’s a small allowance to make given how much they earn. MONK SAID THE PLAYERS & STAFF WERE SATISFIED. It’s different to your factory scenario, no doubt.

😆 

I can guarantee you (from a business perspective) the greater the wage the greater the complaint, issue, and downing of tools.

Does COVID only exist for football teams? 

Please explain how its different to a 'real world' scenario?

You never said if you would be happy with your employer doing what DC has done to the players, paying in stages (regardless of how many days)?

How many times did failure of wages occur?

Would you trust someone to pay you when they say, when a) they have changed the terms of payment contract b) failed to pay you previously c) have the business dragged through the courts for accountability issues, and d) Have a spending embargo set against the business?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mildatheart67 said:

If this had being going on each month since last Nov. there's no way this story would not have been reported between times.

You can't possibly say that

Especially when people are trying to say to us that this is happening at loads of other clubs (who haven't been reported on)

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Andrew6666 said:

😆 

I can guarantee you (from a business perspective) the greater the wage the greater the complaint, issue, and downing of tools.

Does COVID only exist for football teams? 

Please explain how its different to a 'real world' scenario?

You never said if you would be happy with your employer doing what DC has done to the players, paying in stages (regardless of how many days)?

How many times did failure of wages occur?

Would you trust someone to pay you when they say, when a) they have changed the terms of payment contract b) failed to pay you previously c) have the business dragged through the courts for accountability issues, and d) Have a spending embargo set against the business?

I did say. I said it’s a small allowance to make. Talking a few days here. It was accepted by the players & staff. You’re taking exception to something they we ok with.

Just now, wilyfox said:

not now the second payment isn’t coming, no.

One thing you should never ever ever do is mess with a working persons wages

Pay is the one constant that people need in their lives as an absolute basic fundamental need.

It's the one thing that keeps people away from panic and worry

Even paying in installments breaks every part of that security from panic and worry settting in to immediate loss of trust for your employer

It's a basic fact and a basic truth

Nobody getting suddenly paid in mysterious installments feels safe, secure or trusting of their employer

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Pay is the one constant that people need in their lives as an absolute basic fundamental need.

Even paying in installments breaks every part of that security from panic and worry settting in to immediate loss of trust for your employer

Nobody getting suddenly paid in mysterious installments feels safe, secure or trusting of their employer

Very well said. Doing this kind of things destroys trust between the employee and employer.

• Like 2

Guest wilyfox
Just now, @owlstalk said:

im not defending it. It’s nothing to do with me. Monk and the players were ok with it. It’s an internal matter. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

100% spot on 

• Like 1

Just now, wilyfox said:

im not defending it. It’s nothing to do with me. Monk and the players were ok with it. It’s an internal matter. 

Nope

Monk SAID that the players were ok with it

Whilst the players went from 3rd to bottom

You're saying you believe Monk answering a question to the press about his employer?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

If the PFA are getting involved then this is pretty serious.

Looks to me like we've had previous, but the wages have been eventually paid. However, that hasn't been the case in November and the whole thing has escalated. 

Players, agents have had enough.

• Like 2

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You're only going on Monk saying so

And Monk was the biggest politician we've ever had as manager

Stop being naive

I’m going on something that was said publically by someone directed affected by it, rather than your opinion of what matters. If they were ok with it, they were satisfied. Clearly things have now changed - which is what you deny.

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

I did say. I said it’s a small allowance to make. Talking a few days here. It was accepted by the players & staff. You’re taking exception to something they we ok with.

Clearly they aren't ok with it. Somebody has had to leak it, somebody has had to contact the PFA. 

Did they do that because they were happy, or because its happened again?

Do you think they will be saying to the PFA "it happened before, but don't worry about that".

The clubs failings under DC are now unravelling.

• Like 3

Just now, wilyfox said:

I’m going on something that was said publically by someone directed affected by it

To press 

In a public interview

About his employer

Come on - I KNOW that you know I'm right on this one 

Stop being silly

Absolutely nobody is agreeing with you because you're not just wrong - you're SUPERwrong

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

Just a general musing... no one look too deeply into it because I'm just speaking random thoughts that enter my mind... but I would imagine if one were so inclined, one could make a lot of money by attaching themselves to a football club and wealthy owner for a few years, acting as agent and advisor, broker for various deals etc. I would also assume that there are ways and means of capitalising on even disaster situations like stadium sales... if one were to position themselves correctly and know what points you can take a % or 2 here or there on any transactions.

Just a thought.

Heck, if you even had a lot of capital at the start of said venture, and you provided a % of funds as a means of investment, you could probably use that position as active stakeholder to do pretty much whatever it takes to get that investment back... with interest!

Again, just a thought.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2