CONFIRMED

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Monk did confirm rest of wages followed in full and that players & staff were happy with the club’s explanation. Circumstances have clearly changed last month.

But it did exist - would you perform for an employer who has a shaky past with paying wages. 

I think the fall from 3rd is starting to unravel and come out.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Makes no sense at all Chansiri sacking Monk and all his staff, paying them off and then paying high wages for a new manager like Pulis when he can’t afford to pay the players. 

It doesn't. But then, it does because it's random like everything else. lol

9 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I know mate but he must have known that abuse comes with footy before Chairing us.

Hoping that a kid from Cross who built a great firm from nowt and flogged to BT for millions might have contacts we will shortly need.

Or anyone really.

I’m a big fan of Lee and would love to see him back at the club.

Its not a conscious effort to not try when these things happen.

The poor performances comes from morale hitting rock bottom.  Instead of concentrating on their game, players start to worry about when they're getting paid next, will the rest of their contract be fulfilled, do they need to find a new club, will that mean they have to move house etc.  And the big one is players start to worry about what happens if they get injured - if my current club can't afford to pay me, and I then can't get a new one as I have an injury, what happens then.  As soon as you start worrying about that, I don't see how it can't impact your game.  You won't stop trying, but you might not quite put your body on the line as you would if things were going well.

I commented the other day that I think this is the meekest squad we've had in recent times.  If this wage malarkey has been rumbling on for a year or so now, and only getting worse, it starts to explain a lot of things.  Don't want to completely absolve them of blame, but its very hard to expect performances in what sounds like a pretty toxic working environment.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Anyway, Hog Staton has smartened dismal Dom Howson up.

Laughing boy won't like it, bearing in mind the bitter rivalry which exists between them.

lol

Yep, I've always said it....Just like Green Lantern and Sinestro those two........ lol

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Monk was in an identical position

I think if players only started not getting paid recently then Monk didn't have that to contend with. The longer that goes on the more trust in the club will have been lost be the players and even less motivation.

Think all our frustrations need to go to our Chairman now, not the current manager or players.

We all felt so positive after his last Zoom call and the points deduction being reduced and now we are back to the players not being paid and back at the bottom of the league.

If he can't see that the issue is him and his management of the club then I think we will be the next Bury.

7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Chansiri on the other end off his iPhone 

10pm at night, dodgy video, out in some wilderness like he was when TP was appointed 

and........it........yourself........transfer........

sorry tone, bad reception, I’ll call you back later.

And then there was total silence.

• Haha 2

Just now, Athelwulf said:

Sure, but the first few fixtures were very tough.

It's the last three we needed to win.

And he isn't. I'm not anti-Pulis, I think that fans need to see that Monk and Pulis have been dealt the same hand (possibly every manager after Carlos).

DC spunked all his cash on Carlos (not Carlos' fault, he did his best but came up short) to get us to the Premier League - gamble failed - now he's trying to do it cheaply and illegally. The club is rotten to the core. 

Guest wilyfox
Just now, Andrew6666 said:

But it did exist - would you perform for an employer who has a shaky past with paying wages. 

I think the fall from 3rd is starting to unravel and come out.

For goodness sake. Not you as well. There’s a big difference between getting fully paid in two stages and not being fully paid.

Our slump second half of last season could be attributed to many things. Players frozen out, players in contract limbo, uncertainty over efl charge.

This is a new twist emerging as our plight continues. It’s one farce after another with Chansiri.

You have to question what the actual problem is though ....

Is it that the club don’t have the money to pay the players?

or is it the fact that they can’t get the funds transferred to the right place in order to pay the players 

Either way, these are worrying times. 

• Like 1

Just now, Miffed said:

You have to question what the actual problem is though ....

Is it that the club don’t have the money to pay the players?

or is it the fact that they can’t get the funds transferred to the right place in order to pay the players 

Either way, these are worrying times. 

I thought this 

But then I thought

Last year when this first happened it became news in the papers

So if it's a case of not getting the money across in time surely you'd measures in place THEN (last year) so that it never happened again?

E.g. change the day of your direct debit

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Better than Monk YES 

Otherwise  why change the manager?

lol

Distraction from the alleged 'real' issues at S6......worked to a degree as well....I dont myself favor TP style of football,certainly wouldn't want to pay to see it,but he is clearly not the issue at S6....barely a symptom

He is the latest incumbent to be paid to stand up in front of the media,camera's etc & in my view allegedly take the criticism that should be leveled at our hierarchy

As i said in an earlier post,the hint for me that  the previous manager left with such a classy farewell,led me to believe he probably felt the Club would unravel after he left & the difficulty's he faced would out soon enough under another manager...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

and........it........yourself........transfer........

sorry tone, bad reception, I’ll call you back later.

And then there was total silence.

lollollol 

not Tone he calls him, it’s Pulis, or pooolis 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Haha 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I thought this 

But then I thought

Last year when this first happened it became news in the papers

So if it's a case of not getting the money across in time surely you'd measures in place THEN (last year) so that it never happened again?

E.g. change the day of your direct debit

lol

But that’s learning from your mistakes and we know that Chansiri doesn’t do that.